Skip to content

Is Brock a keeper?

The Browns Board
66 27 2.7k
  • I couldn't agree more. He will be the starter and play much better than he did in Houston.

  • 1st he isn't Hue Jackson's boy.

    2nd hes never set the world on fire and costs a huge amount of money which means :

    If he plays well he will want a lot more money.

    WSS

  • he'd be alright if he'd lower his turnover ratio and not get happy feet in the pocket. don't know how good houston's OL was but maybe the brown's is a step up???

  • @londonbrown said:

    No. He's very very bad.

    Well, he is the ONLY guy on our roster that has started and won any games....and whose team has made the playoffs.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, he is the ONLY guy on our roster that has started and won any games....and whose team has made the playoffs.

    He is also better then the two losers Hue Jackson wanted so there's that.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, he is the ONLY guy on our roster that has started and won any games....and whose team has made the playoffs.

    He is also better then the two losers Hue Jackson wanted so there's that.

    @vikingdawg said:

    He is also better then the two losers Hue Jackson wanted so there's that.

    Who would those be? RGIII and who?

  • Kessler played way better than him last year. Being injured and all. An improved Kessler with an improved line. Should be better than anything osweiler has done

  • Kessler played way better than him last year. Being injured and all. An improved Kessler with an improved line. Should be better than anything osweiler has done

    @alkid3 said:

    Kessler played way better than him last year. Being injured and all. An improved Kessler with an improved line. Should be better than anything osweiler has done

    I think that is highly subjective. Kessler went 0-8 as a starter. Ostrich won 8 games. I don't know about their stats....but will check them out."

    The may be a bit of apples to oranges, but here they are for last year:

    Osweiler:

    14 starts 8-6 record as starter

    301/510 for 59.5 completion pct

    2957 yards

    15 TDs

    16 Ints.

    5.8 yards per attempt

    9.8 yards per completion

    197.1 yards per game

    72.2 QB rating

    27 sacks

    2 4th Qtr. comebacks

    2 Game winning drives

    Kessler:

    8 starts 0-8

    128/195 for 65.6 completion pct

    1380 yards

    6 TDs

    2 Ints

    7.1 yards per attempt

    10.8 yards per completion

    153.3 yards per game

    92.3 rating

    21 sacks

    It seems a mixed bag of stats. In some B.O. had the better of it, in other Kessler did.

  • @vikingdawg said:

    He is also better then the two losers Hue Jackson wanted so there's that.

    Who would those be? RGIII and who?

    @the-gipper said:

    Who would those be? RGIII and who?

    You're eight, 3 losers with RGIII, Noodles Kessler and DeSuck Kizer. What a fucking QB guru he is.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who would those be? RGIII and who?

    You're eight, 3 losers with RGIII, Noodles Kessler and DeSuck Kizer. What a fucking QB guru he is.

    @vikingdawg said:

    You're eight, 3 losers with RGIII, Noodles Kessler and DeSuck Kizer. What a fucking QB guru he is.

    If Kessler or Kizer succeed please do feel free to post your glass half full version.
  • @the-gipper said:

    Who would those be? RGIII and who?

    You're eight, 3 losers with RGIII, Noodles Kessler and DeSuck Kizer. What a fucking QB guru he is.

    @vikingdawg said:

    You're eight, 3 losers with RGIII, Noodles Kessler and DeSuck Kizer. What a fucking QB guru he is.

    Ghoolie or his equally hack lover.

  • Ahhh NOPE..1st Titanic ship out to 1st caller during pre-season. fold my deck of cards at 16M. A 2018 2nd. A thank you for Zane Gonzalez. And we gave Houston the Card for Carlos Watkins..Bye!!(please rake your sand-traps & take the Cutler Tude with you)

  • Product of the system. Probly an average guy, played ok in Denver and ahitry in Houston. Bob didn't help him at all...think Houston could be train wreck this year

  • @vikingdawg said:

    You're eight, 3 losers with RGIII, Noodles Kessler and DeSuck Kizer. What a fucking QB guru he is.

    If Kessler or Kizer succeed please do feel free to post your glass half full version.

    @jcam222 said:

    If Kessler or Kizer succeed please do feel free to post your glass half full version.

    At what, playing in the CFL? Good luck with that.

  • Not at this point but he could earn his spot.

  • Is Brock a keeper? Damned if I know... one decent year... one train wreck... does need a good one to average "average", but things don't work that way... not at QB... maybe in the stack market, a/k/a "reversion to the mean"... but not at QB.

    I do have to say that I don't like the attitude he displayed in his interview yesterday. It screamed the opposite of "team leader" to me... which first required you be part of the team.

  • @jcam222 said:

    If Kessler or Kizer succeed please do feel free to post your glass half full version.

    At what, playing in the CFL? Good luck with that.

    @vikingdawg said:

    At what, playing in the CFL? Good luck with that.

    A CFL expert as well? Wow...

  • Is Brock a keeper? Damned if I know... one decent year... one train wreck... does need a good one to average "average", but things don't work that way... not at QB... maybe in the stack market, a/k/a "reversion to the mean"... but not at QB.

    I do have to say that I don't like the attitude he displayed in his interview yesterday. It screamed the opposite of "team leader" to me... which first required you be part of the team.

    @tour2ma said:

    Is Brock a keeper? Damned if I know... one decent year... one train wreck... does need a good one to average "average", but things don't work that way... not at QB... maybe in the stack market, a/k/a "reversion to the mean"... but not at QB.

    I do have to say that I don't like the attitude he displayed in his interview yesterday. It screamed the opposite of "team leader" to me... which first required you be part of the team.

    I just watched the snippet on Browns.com and got the opposite read. Asked a question, gave answer, got a ridiculous redirect and shut it down. If that were me I would have asked that jack hole reporter how man hours of film he watched. Too often "reporters" get let off the hook for outrageous claims. On ATH the other day Plaschke got called out for saying he sees MLB teams fake rainouts all the time. When asked when was the last one he remembered, he couldn't answer he just smiled and said trust me all the time, bullshit.

  • I hope your take is closer to the locker room reality...

  • Going into his fourth year in Denver I was ready to bail on him, but that preseason he flashed and it got me excited about the future and wanted to see more of him. Then the regular season came and it was a mixed bag. I kept waiting for it to all click for him after getting a couple games under him and have chemistry with the ones, but that never really came. People keep saying that Elway was ready to pay him starter money but really he wanted to pay him a split between starter and backup money on a prove-it deal, but we were in a tough spot without another option so that price went up. I thought Kessler flashed more than what I have seen from Brock. He just hasn't been a put it on my shoulders kind of guy, more of a I won't lose it for my team if they are superior to the opposition kind of guy. I think he provides good depth for you if Kizer isn't ready, but don't expect any more than that from him going into year 6 of his career. Hope I am wrong for your guys sake and it finally clicks for him, but he has been in the league for a while now even though people talk like he is a second/third year guy.

  • Good take...

    Experience-wise, however, he is a "3rd-year guy". So the question is how many 3rd year guys who have only "flashed" to the point in their careers suddenly "get it"? Without checking I'm going to guess that's a pretty short list, but maybe our "system" is a better fit... so who knows?

    So...

    • What's the mood in Denver given their continuing QB choice of Siemian and Lynch going into 2017?
    • What's Kelly's (my official, 2017 "Darkhorse") timeline to see the practice field and the fan hopes for him?