Skip to content

2017 NBA FINALS - The Trillogy - CAVS vs Warriors

The Cavs Board
91 18 6.2k
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I guess traveling and other petty fouls are optional now in the NBA.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I see people running 10 feet and not get called for traveling. I guess you don't need to dribble anymore.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #18

    How can you continuously go for threes and miss. Why not attack the rim when they are in foul trouble

  • @mjp28 said:

    If I were a betting man (which I am) I'd pick GS but not sure about 7 points in Game 1.

    Now if I were just a fan I'd go CLEVELAND....and hope for a few minor miracles in the series.

    Game 2 just might be a must win for the 2017 NBA Championship for Cleveland, look for their best effort Sunday at 8 pm.

    This year the addition of KD has been the big missing piece for GS without him the CAVS probably had a decent shot with KD well do you believe in miracles? The CAVS need one in California.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mjp28 said:

    Game 2 just might be a must win for the 2017 NBA Championship for Cleveland, look for their best effort Sunday at 8 pm.

    This year the addition of KD has been the big missing piece for GS without him the CAVS probably had a decent shot with KD well do you believe in miracles? The CAVS need one in California.

    Cleveland might get swept by a superior team unless they can steal one at home.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    We can't run with the Warriors. Lebron was finished in the 3rd qtr. They are by far the superior team.

  • We can't run with the Warriors. Lebron was finished in the 3rd qtr. They are by far the superior team.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We can't run with the Warriors. Lebron was finished in the 3rd qtr. They are by far the superior team.

    Its become downright unfair.. The Cavs are begging tio get swept and the calls definitely aren't going going the Cavs way.. Theyre playing like hapless bitches... Tristan Thompson better get his mind of the Khardasian chick and back into the series...

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #22

    Outcoached, outplayed, out hustled.

    It's been a sad display from the cavs, besides Lebron of course.

    The offensive rebounds have driven me crazy.

    Also the warriors managed 20 turnovers last night and we still got BTFO. Game 1 was an off-shooting night for the warriors and we still got BTFO in game 1 too. Not very good signs for sure.

    Though, game 1 and 2 were certainly not "must-wins" (yet), but if we drop game 3 it's over.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #23

    they are hot shooters at home - but the corrupt refs are letting the warriors laugh and foul all they want.

    and, the refs play stupid pro wrastlin refs by encouraging the rough play by looking the other way.

    even the warriors laugh at what they get away with at home. Moving picks, hammering when the Cavs

    drive to the basket - no wonder they played defense against threes by the Cavs, they can get away with

    hammering if the Cavs drive to the basket.

    Moving picks, holding on the picks, offensive line play, forearms to the face, locking arms, and flopping.

    Even these jackass refs finally stopped calling the warrior's flopping - I guess they didn't want to be COMPLETELY

    on the take. And, the warriors are a good shooting team. But that green, thompson curry, etc... didn't foul out by the end

    of the third period....is a disgrace to "pro" basketball..

    NOTE: the warriors feet are moving like crazy, and they get a charging foul on the Cavs.

    Last night - Love clearly had both feet set... and they called the foul on Love.

    You can't win. Maybe with Durant the warriors are the better team, but if they win the championship - it's

    tainted for all the theatrics and biased so-called "referring".

    Fake pro basketball. My guess is, at least one of those refs was the same, and was dishonest for the warriors.

    Too many big famous names in the stands, I suppose. The fix was in again.

    Now, back in Cleveland, I hope they have some real refs that actually referee the calls consistently and fairly.

    Then, the Cavs could win two and even up the series...or not. But at least they would have a chance. The

    worst reffing I've ever seen makes the Cavs not have a chance, no matter what they do.

    We'll see. But pro basketball was a farce a long time ago. Jordan could take five steps to the basket - no call.

    If he DID miss a shot, he got foul shots with nobody close to touching him.

    The worst was when rick mahorn nearly forearmed the Cav's Mark Price to the floor.

    I guess the current dirty commish wants his league to go back to the dirty hockey days for more money...

    he must be envious of the money and crowds that pro football and pro wrastlin get...

    https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1P2-32967612/mahorn-s-cheap-shot-pumped-the-pistons

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mahorns-cheap-shot-proves-costly-price-cavs-philip-brett

    Interesting - I couldn't find a video of the knockout elbow by mahorn on Price anywhere ...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #24

    just found this though, right after the Cavs lost dirtyball game two:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/06/04/lebron-james-pushed-out-way-brawl-after-cavs-game-2-loss/102506088/

    no wonder the warriors keep winning at home.

    Maybe I have it wrong- maybe the refs are terrified if they don't call the game

    to make the warriors win...

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I know this isn't what you guys want to hear but the talent level isn't close between these two teams from top to bottom

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Still wondering 3 years later if hoorta still believes JR Smith is as good a shooter as Steph Curry?

  • I know this isn't what you guys want to hear but the talent level isn't close between these two teams from top to bottom

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @baconhound said:

    I know this isn't what you guys want to hear but the talent level isn't close between these two teams from top to bottom

    I think it's close at the top, more disparity between bench and role players.

    And plenty of disparity between coaching staffs, I'd say.

  • @baconhound said:

    I know this isn't what you guys want to hear but the talent level isn't close between these two teams from top to bottom

    I think it's close at the top, more disparity between bench and role players.

    And plenty of disparity between coaching staffs, I'd say.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @bbedward said:

    I think it's close at the top, more disparity between bench and role players.

    And plenty of disparity between coaching staffs, I'd say.

    I agree with the players and that makes it difficult on Lue. For goodness sake he is having to play Deron Williams significant minutes.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Tristan Thompson has been garbage, JR smith hasn't shown up. our bench was what? 2-16?

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #30

    And why the fuck is Shumpert playing so much? dude is way overrated and can't make any buckets.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Both teams play with god awful refs. When you get to this this point it's not coaching. We just don't have the the bad boys mantality to own the paint both ways. No way we can go 8 man deep with GS..Durant just forced more depth to a great bench already. It's Your move Griffin

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #32

    yeah, but one team was getting all the calls/most of the calls their way, regardless of them being warranted...

    and the other team kept wondering "WTF" ?

    guess which is which.

  • yeah, but one team was getting all the calls/most of the calls their way, regardless of them being warranted...

    and the other team kept wondering "WTF" ?

    guess which is which.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @calfoxwc said:

    and the other team kept wondering "WTF" ?

    In the act of shooting is not "After" the ball leaves the players hands. Now they are all QB's

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #34

    Game 3 - CAVS went from favorite to the underdog.

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/?s=445

    06/07 9:00 PM

    705 Golden State

    706 Cleveland open -2 now +3' OVER/UNDER 226 to 228

    TV: ABC

    Game 4 GS -5

    Game 5 GS -10' if necessary 😕

    Game 6 GS -1'

    Game 7 GS -7'

  • Game 3 - CAVS went from favorite to the underdog.

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/?s=445

    06/07 9:00 PM

    705 Golden State

    706 Cleveland open -2 now +3' OVER/UNDER 226 to 228

    TV: ABC

    Game 4 GS -5

    Game 5 GS -10' if necessary 😕

    Game 6 GS -1'

    Game 7 GS -7'

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mjp28 said:

    Game 3 - CAVS went from favorite to the underdog.

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/?s=445

    706 Cleveland open -2 now +3' OVER/UNDER 226 to 228

    Cavs by 5..Give me the under