Skip to content

Kirksey signs a 4 year extension

The Browns Board
26 17 1.6k
  • this version of the Browns feels like something from the Twilight Zone

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @topdawg31 said:

    this version of the Browns feels like something from the Twilight Zone

    Why?

  • @topdawg31 said:

    this version of the Browns feels like something from the Twilight Zone

    Why?

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @the-gipper said:

    Why?

    Everything is going in the right direction it appears, we have not been accustomed to such results since like 1984. Excitement is running rampant in my veins.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Good.

    Get this stuff done early.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Kirksey!

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Kudos to Jimmy, Dee, Sashi & Company, who just keep doing positive things.

    Morale on this Team has to be "through the roof" right now & we aren't hearing the "same old Browns' stuff" from the media anymore, are we?

    Upbeat new confidence this year & I can't wait until we hit the field.

    Mike

  • Kudos to Jimmy, Dee, Sashi & Company, who just keep doing positive things.

    Morale on this Team has to be "through the roof" right now & we aren't hearing the "same old Browns' stuff" from the media anymore, are we?

    Upbeat new confidence this year & I can't wait until we hit the field.

    Mike

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @canton-mike said:

    Kudos to Jimmy, Dee, Sashi & Company, who just keep doing positive things.

    Morale on this Team has to be "through the roof" right now & we aren't hearing the "same old Browns' stuff" from the media anymore, are we?

    Upbeat new confidence this year & I can't wait until we hit the field.

    Mike

    Unlike the previous FO- they're not letting key players get to FA. Encouraging thing is these guys want to be here.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #9

    Cha-Ching$$ The Hawk-eye gets his Payday..Congrats Christian Kirksey!! Somebody buy Haslem & Dee a few Dinner's. That's 16M to Brock & a pick. Between Bitonio,Britt,Kirksey,McCourty,Tretter & Zeitler That's 23M in Signing Bonuses & 103.5M in Guaranteed Contract Money..Jimmy's old Magic 8 Ball just went Money ball..I Really hope Jimmy & Dee start seeing their returns in $$ & Wins..No better place to start than week 1..Fill Our House..Woof!

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Great signing!! We should however do a pool on how long it takes for the doom cloud shit bomber to hit this thread lol

  • Great signing!! We should however do a pool on how long it takes for the doom cloud shit bomber to hit this thread lol

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @jcam222 said:

    Great signing!! We should however do a pool on how long it takes for the doom cloud shit bomber to hit this thread lol

    Put fat boy on ignore and you don't have to skip through his cartoon act.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Great signing!! We should however do a pool on how long it takes for the doom cloud shit bomber to hit this thread lol

    Put fat boy on ignore and you don't have to skip through his cartoon act.

    alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Put fat boy on ignore and you don't have to skip through his cartoon act.

    How do I do that?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

    and he did it....signed all 3......totally shocked....amazed....

    Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen.....😉

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Nice deal for both sides.. Let's hope he excels in Williams defense!

  • Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

    and he did it....signed all 3......totally shocked....amazed....

    Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen.....😉

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mudfly said:

    Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

    and he did it....signed all 3......totally shocked....amazed....

    Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen..... 😉

    Thank God I (Mud) finally started to acknowledge Sashi in a positive way!

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Fixed! 😉

    Listened to WHO Mud? If he had listened to you, he'd have been gone a year ago!!! LOL

    Mike

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Put fat boy on ignore and you don't have to skip through his cartoon act.

    How do I do that?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @alporcini said:

    How do I do that?

    Click on your name in the upper right. It should have "Manage Ignore Preferences". Add Ghoulie.

  • Great signing!! We should however do a pool on how long it takes for the doom cloud shit bomber to hit this thread lol

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @jcam222 said:

    Great signing!! We should however do a pool on how long it takes for the doom cloud shit bomber to hit this thread lol

    Lol!
  • @alporcini said:

    How do I do that?

    Click on your name in the upper right. It should have "Manage Ignore Preferences". Add Ghoulie.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #18

    @logicisforsquares said:

    "Manager Ignore's Preferences". Add Ghoulie.

    Aka da Black Fat Finger Bandit 😮

  • @mudfly said:

    Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

    and he did it....signed all 3......totally shocked....amazed....

    Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen..... 😉

    Thank God I (Mud) finally started to acknowledge Sashi in a positive way!

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Fixed! 😉

    Listened to WHO Mud? If he had listened to you, he'd have been gone a year ago!!! LOL

    Mike

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #19

    @canton-mike said:

    Thank God I (Mud) finally started to acknowledge Sashi in a positive way!

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Fixed! 😉

    Listened to WHO Mud? If he had listened to you, he'd have been gone a year ago!!! LOL

    Mike

    Ha!....are you amazed? 🙂

    Even more amazing is that Ive never once advocated firing Shashi or Hue and have always defended the need to keep them.....so, no, he'd still be here.....

    Ive also applauded many of his moves and picks(Ogbah, Nassib, Collins, Peppers, Garret, Njoku....gave props for this draft, etc)...musta missed all that.....I also pointed to his stupid moves too(which have been many)...just call it as I see it....both ways....as it happens.....

    The good news is that he's on a pretty good run in 2017......good draft....a good FA or 2....mixed with a couple boners....but Im seeing some good stuff......like these 3 signings, which I said Id give him BIG props for, IF he pulled it off.....and he did....

  • Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

    and he did it....signed all 3......totally shocked....amazed....

    Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen.....😉

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #20

    @mudfly said:

    Great move!....this makes me happy as a clam......In December, I posted a challenge to Shashi to sign Collins and proactively go after Bito and Kirksey early.....IE: Sign em now!

    and he did it....signed all 3......totally shocked....amazed....

    Thank god Shashi has finally started to listen..... 😉

    That you did sir..(5 months in the works merry xmas) 2014 draft..#8Gilbert/#22Manhell/#35Bitonio(D. Carr went next at #36)#71Kirksey..Just can't Browns this stuff up.But I feel better bout that Car at LG.Just a little weird how those Car parts expire at same time

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.

    Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?

    We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.

  • We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.

    Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?

    We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @jiggins7919 said:

    We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.

    Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?

    We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.

    We either need one of the other 50 WR we drafted to step up or run the hell out of two tight end sets. Duke can sub in at Reggie Bush type receiving too.