Skip to content

Garrett (Clowney 2.0)

The Browns Board
49 20 2.3k
  • @one-post said:

    In my defense I come here for Browns biased news therefore I never seen anything about Garrett not taking the field in OTAs. Why?

    superstition prob.

    like talking to a pitcher going for the no-hitter.

    SSHHH!!!

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @miktoxic said:

    superstition prob.

    like talking to a pitcher going for the no-hitter.

    SSHHH!!!

    Thank you I can deal with this answer.
  • @miktoxic said:

    and he really was average until last year

    Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

    His performance at run D has been the most consistent 2014-2016 of any edge run defender in the league.. Each of the last 3 someone has equaled or bested him with a great season - but that player hasn't been there the other 2 yrs.

    2014 - tied with McPhee for #1.

    2015 - second behind Mack

    2016 - Third behind Von Miller and Michael Bennett.

    As well, this is his performance in pass rush over those 3 years. That's an astronomical improvement year-over-year..

    I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @unsympathetic said:

    Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

    His performance at run D has been the most consistent 2014-2016 of any edge run defender in the league.. Each of the last 3 someone has equaled or bested him with a great season - but that player hasn't been there the other 2 yrs.

    2014 - tied with McPhee for #1.

    2015 - second behind Mack

    2016 - Third behind Von Miller and Michael Bennett.

    As well, this is his performance in pass rush over those 3 years. That's an astronomical improvement year-over-year..

    I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

    Good post but why are you so doubtful Garrett could replicate them? Pretty much everywhere I've read or listened says Garrett is the better prospect coming out of college.

  • Soggy BBQ?

    Nate Ulrich‏ @NateUlrichABJ

    #Browns HC Hue Jackson said DE Myles Garrett practiced yesterday and will practice tomorrow. Day off today because they're being cautious.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #33

    @tour2ma said:

    Soggy BBQ?

    Nate Ulrich‏ @NateUlrichABJ

    #Browns HC Hue Jackson said DE Myles Garrett practiced yesterday and will practice tomorrow. Day off today because they're being cautious.

    @one-post said:

    In my defense I come here for Browns biased news therefore I never seen anything about Garrett not taking the field in OTAs. Why?

    Take this with a grain of salt or from a guy with some scouting background..Pepper's & Garrett are a media secret weapon & the Browns are telling them & showing them Butt-kiss when the media arrives...Would love to be the fly on the wall when Hue told Williams "Peppers & Higgins spells Cory till Cory's return" Speculation? You bet ya!!

  • @miktoxic said:

    and he really was average until last year

    Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

    His performance at run D has been the most consistent 2014-2016 of any edge run defender in the league.. Each of the last 3 someone has equaled or bested him with a great season - but that player hasn't been there the other 2 yrs.

    2014 - tied with McPhee for #1.

    2015 - second behind Mack

    2016 - Third behind Von Miller and Michael Bennett.

    As well, this is his performance in pass rush over those 3 years. That's an astronomical improvement year-over-year..

    I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #34

    @unsympathetic said:

    Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

    he suited up for 4 games in his rookie season. how can you be the best of anything when you are getting paid millions and put in 25% of what you are expected?

    c'mon man!!

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Clowney is a lazy POS.

  • @miktoxic said:

    and he really was average until last year

    Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

    His performance at run D has been the most consistent 2014-2016 of any edge run defender in the league.. Each of the last 3 someone has equaled or bested him with a great season - but that player hasn't been there the other 2 yrs.

    2014 - tied with McPhee for #1.

    2015 - second behind Mack

    2016 - Third behind Von Miller and Michael Bennett.

    As well, this is his performance in pass rush over those 3 years. That's an astronomical improvement year-over-year..

    I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @unsympathetic said:

    Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

    I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

    Clowney is nowhere near the top....sorry....

    If Garrett only gets 10 sacks in his first 3 years(31 games)?....he;ll be considered a bust.....

    Heck....Ogbah has identical numbers to Clowney(tackles and sacks)....and he's a tad above average, at best.....

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Also may I inflect...

    I dare to ask not dare to who in the holy fuck I'm friends with.

    I email Tom every great once in a while Wargowrong.

    That's it man we ain't in cahoots dude were just some fans. Grow the fuck up already.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #38

    And Tim Crotch. Lmao!

  • Also may I inflect...

    I dare to ask not dare to who in the holy fuck I'm friends with.

    I email Tom every great once in a while Wargowrong.

    That's it man we ain't in cahoots dude were just some fans. Grow the fuck up already.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #39

    "One said:

    Also may I inflect...

    I dare to ask not dare to who in the holy fuck I'm friends with.

    I email Tom every great once in a while Wargowrong.

    That's it man we ain't in cahoots dude were just some fans. Grow the fuck up already.

    Try English next time. For all his faults, your dad seems to have a decent grasp on the language. Maybe he'll teach you for his next back rub.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #40

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/05/31/browns-top-pick-myles-garrett-not-practicing/102348080/

    Back-to the ot this is going to suck if it shakes out the way it might.

    I mean we had some excellent production in college but since then it's been little more than prognosticators and boasting from Garrett himself.

    WSS

  • Get back to me when Garrett's microfracture surgery is scheduled...

    I swear, some folks look for shit to worry about...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tour2ma said:

    Get back to me when Garrett's microfracture surgery is scheduled...

    I swear, some folks look for shit to worry about...

    But, but, but ...............it's been reported that he got his leg stuck in a stationary bike and had a complete break of the spoke. Plus the sky is falling.

    220px-Chickenlittlemcgiposter.jpg

  • @tour2ma said:

    Get back to me when Garrett's microfracture surgery is scheduled...

    I swear, some folks look for shit to worry about...

    But, but, but ...............it's been reported that he got his leg stuck in a stationary bike and had a complete break of the spoke. Plus the sky is falling.

    220px-Chickenlittlemcgiposter.jpg

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @texasag1969 said:

    220px-Chickenlittlemcgiposter.jpg

    For those global warmers not scoring at home 😉 Nov 4th is our Bye Week..The sky really won't be falling

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #43

    I think you have to take the Browns at their word the Garrett issue isn't serious.

    It would look pretty bad to sell it off as a "non" issue to 3 weeks later come back the kid is looking at a season ending surgery.

    Lets be real here.

    Oh....this was just a quick comment

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I think some folks need to be reminded what a Browns Bust looks like...

    hi-res-5ea1cae1abab0ba97d53e8e1310c424a_

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I really liked hearing what Von Miller had to say about Garrett. He's obviously from the same school, and they have a special connection, but Miller essentially stated that "nobody will be able to block Garrett", and that's he's already in a league of his own. I'm not sure THAT'S true, but it goes to show you the respect some people already have for the kid.

    What I like about Garrett is he doesn't appear to be an egotistical type guy. He wants to do great things, and he expects it. From what I read, the guy comes to work and does his job, and that's about it. As excited as we all are about Garrett, don't be surprised if the guy that makes the headlines is Emmanuel Ogbah. That year of experience, plus having Garrett's presence on the opposite side could really pay dividends to Ogbah's ability to ruin a QB's day. If it's 3rd and long, you can bet that both Ogbah and Garrett are coming for your soul, and you can't really double both of them effectively. What I like more is we have two very fast linebackers in Kirksey and Collins that are solid tacklers, so the short stuff hopefully won't kill us.

    Just like Coleman, we need Garrett ready to go for training camp. We need our big dogs healthy and ready to learn. We need it in the worst way.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Honestly dont see how anybody could not like Garrett.....and I agree Jiggins....Ogbah should benefit from the attention that is sure to go Myles way....

  • Honestly dont see how anybody could not like Garrett.....and I agree Jiggins....Ogbah should benefit from the attention that is sure to go Myles way....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #47

    @mudfly said:

    Honestly dont see how anybody could not like Garrett.....and I agree Jiggins....Ogbah should benefit from the attention that is sure to go Myles way....

    Yep, I personally feel we should count the sacks of the two together for that very reason. Ogbah is going to likely at least double last year's total. And Garrett is used to double teams on just about every play. Won't be unexpected. I hope they keep a good count of the number of QB pressures this year compared to last whether we get the sack or not. Should show a major difference for the entire D.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #48

    The only reason people are scared of Garrett is the injury possibility/probability, and his taking plays off.

    Everything else is abundantly there. Ogbah actually might have a coming out year getting more competition and new scheme. Hw will probably get more sacks than Garrett.

  • Clowney is a lazy POS.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Clowney is a lazy POS.

    Stop it, now ur just proving you have no business in the football forum either. Lazy pieces of shit dont come back from microfracture surgery to be one of the best at his position. You would have been in a knee brace for life