Skip to content

Jeremy Maclin

The Browns Board
57 28 2.6k
  • @choco said:

    Smh...

    When fans gonna start accepting that players can get better after rookie year.

    This shit is tiresome...

    Payton, Louis, Higgins didn't get many snaps last year, but we know they suck cause they didn't light he league on fire. My God that opinion is so myopic.

    Louis is total fucking garbage... get over it...

    @nickers said:

    Louis is total fucking garbage... get over it...

    So is Candyass Coleman.

    No matter, you can sign Maclin, T.O., Moss or any other big name WR yet the fact still remains the Browns still don't have anyone worth a shit to throw to them so they can make some plays.

  • Goulie is like listening to a dying parrot . saying same shit over and over

  • It sure would help develop our young QBs if they had his kind of experience to throw to. They might not be "scary" but Britt and Maclin bring a lot of NFL game experience with them to help the young WR room as well. At 29, he still has 4-5 more good years possibly.

    I'd be calling his agent. What we have now at WR is pathetic.

  • I'm guessing we're not on his radar, even in the slightest..... Maybe if the music stops and no chairs are left in August, but I bet he'll be elsewhere long before that.

    @d-bone said:

    I'm guessing we're not on his radar, even in the slightest..... Maybe if the music stops and no chairs are left in August, but I bet he'll be elsewhere long before that.

    The right $$ can change that real fast.

  • We need someone who can play the slot/#2.

    Britt and Coleman are not surefire players, but the addition of Maclin can help step their game up.

    Britt, Coleman on the outside, Maclin in the slot

  • From what I have read it seems the Bills may be making a play for him.

  • it's a perfect fit.. maclin and watkins will each be injured half the year.

  • So are the ravens

  • Decker up for trade. I'd take him over Maclin

  • Decker up for trade. I'd take him over Maclin

    @jcam222 said:

    Decker up for trade. I'd take him over Maclin

    Decker won't be ready for start of season. He's 30, recovering from Hip surgery. Had knee & Shoulder surgery's also. Hell hes me. Great Wife with only 1 good bone left..Let's Go Cavs!! (if Maclin gets to visit at the land? what else could go right?)

  • We're gonna be good at WR.

    #1 - Josh Gordon

    #2 - Kenny Britt

    #3/Slot - Corey Coleman

    #4 - Rashard Hollywood Higgins

    #5 & #6 - Ricardo Louis and Jordan Peyton

    That's solid

  • Solid? Not sure any list starting with Josh can qualify as "solid".

  • Gordon is not playing

  • I'm as down on our 2016 drafted receivers as anyone, but even I understand that players can get better, and DO get better, all of the time. This is something we drastically need out of this group if we're going to score points with any regularity. It made me happy to read that Payton made a "spectacular one-handed catch from Kessler" this week, as I forgot he was even on the team. Wasn't he suspended for PED's or something? What's the final verdict? 4 games?

    I know he's a little banged up now, but there's a chance Britt is better than we all think. Yes, losing Pryor stings and makes me furious, but think about Britt getting 1000 yards on THAT team. I don't know what the Rams' offensive stats are, but I'm willing to bet that they have a few that were WORSE than ours...which is saying something. I had the unfortunate opportunity of watching the Rams play, and their QB play was so terrible that I can't imagine ANYONE getting 1000 yards receiving with that nonsense. While I don't think our QB play this year will be "stellar", I do think it will be an upgrade from what the Rams had. What can Britt do with a better supporting cast? Again, I'm not saying we're GREAT or anything, but I believe our roster is better than what the Rams have.

    I think we'll make a run at either Maclin or Decker, but I'm not sure how serious we'll be. Something tells me we're comfortable with the money we've spent, and we kind of want to see "what we have" at the moment before making any more roster moves.

  • We're gonna be good at WR.

    #1 - Josh Gordon

    #2 - Kenny Britt

    #3/Slot - Corey Coleman

    #4 - Rashard Hollywood Higgins

    #5 & #6 - Ricardo Louis and Jordan Peyton

    That's solid

    @poeticg said:

    We're gonna be good at WR.

    #1 - Josh Gordon

    #2 - Kenny Britt

    #3/Slot - Corey Coleman

    #4 - Rashard Hollywood Higgins

    #5 & #6 - Ricardo Louis and Jordan Peyton

    That's solid

    Man, throw in Justin Blackmon and we'd have the best 1-2 punch in the league.

  • @poeticg said:

    We're gonna be good at WR.

    #1 - Josh Gordon

    #2 - Kenny Britt

    #3/Slot - Corey Coleman

    #4 - Rashard Hollywood Higgins

    #5 & #6 - Ricardo Louis and Jordan Peyton

    That's solid

    Man, throw in Justin Blackmon and we'd have the best 1-2 punch in the league.

    @d-bone said:

    throw in Justin Blackmon and we'd have the best 1-2 punch in the league.

    Your thoughts on domestic violence are noted..

  • If the buzz about Ricardo Lewis is true then the likelihood that we need a multi-million dollar wideout like Macklin is greatly reduced. My hope, along with everyone else, is that a couple of the middle-round draft pick wide receivers selected by the Browns in 2016 pan out to be serviceable additions. But fuck Josh Gordon and his love affair with weed and shit - the Browns offensive attack would strike fear in all if he was active and breaking off slants for TDs.

  • Can't be....second year players never do any better than their rookie year. Heard it here...must be true

  • If the buzz about Ricardo Lewis is true then the likelihood that we need a multi-million dollar wideout like Macklin is greatly reduced. My hope, along with everyone else, is that a couple of the middle-round draft pick wide receivers selected by the Browns in 2016 pan out to be serviceable additions. But fuck Josh Gordon and his love affair with weed and shit - the Browns offensive attack would strike fear in all if he was active and breaking off slants for TDs.

    @suomi said:

    If the buzz about Ricardo Lewis is true then the likelihood that we need a multi-million dollar wideout like Macklin is greatly reduced. My hope, along with everyone else, is that a couple of the middle-round draft pick wide receivers selected by the Browns in 2016 pan out to be serviceable additions. But fuck Josh Gordon and his love affair with weed and shit - the Browns offensive attack would strike fear in all if he was active and breaking off slants for TDs.

    I like Lewis a lot. He is a development project for sure though. With Hues crazy ass alignments, we may see Njoku at wr. The guy is a straight beast. Him and Gordon are close in size, but Njoku is faster and can leap. Regarding Maclin, he still has some gas left, but is number 2 now. He will be productive where he goes.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Decker up for trade. I'd take him over Maclin

    Decker won't be ready for start of season. He's 30, recovering from Hip surgery. Had knee & Shoulder surgery's also. Hell hes me. Great Wife with only 1 good bone left..Let's Go Cavs!! (if Maclin gets to visit at the land? what else could go right?)

    @gumby73 said:

    Decker won't be ready for start of season. He's 30, recovering from Hip surgery. Had knee & Shoulder surgery's also. Hell hes me. Great Wife with only 1 good bone left..Let's Go Cavs!! (if Maclin gets to visit at the land? what else could go right?)

    per Rotoworld "It's quite the recovery. Decker had extensive hip and shoulder operations when he was injured in Week 3 last season. He was expected to face a rehab deep into summer, but Decker participated fully at OTAs. Now healthy, the Jets are looking to trade him in the next 72 hours or they will cut him. Decker likely prefers the latter so that he can pick his own destination, though he may not get the $14.75 million in salary he's due the next two years if that happens. The Titans and Ravens have been speculated as options. Jun 6 - 8:18 PM"