Draft Diaries - Gerbil Peppers
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
Michael Bennett from tOSU or A&M/Hawks Bennett? If you mean the latter then your comparison couldn't be further off.Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
Jobi is a low built, stout 3tech. Who, surprisingly, gets skinny pretty well for a man his size.
Bennett is an edge defender with the strength to side inside in subpackages.
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
See, I understand he isn't that now, but I could easily see him becoming that. He's never focused on just that full time, so there really isn't any basis to say he can't
-
Michael Bennett from tOSU or A&M/Hawks Bennett? If you mean the latter then your comparison couldn't be further off.Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
Jobi is a low built, stout 3tech. Who, surprisingly, gets skinny pretty well for a man his size.
Bennett is an edge defender with the strength to side inside in subpackages.
Michael Bennett from tOSU or A&M/Hawks Bennett? If you mean the latter then your comparison couldn't be further off.
Jobi is a low built, stout 3tech. Who, surprisingly, gets skinny pretty well for a man his size.
Bennett is an edge defender with the strength to side inside in subpackages.
All I know, if we had the Guns like "Oh what Guns jobi". I would demand a uni with the Hawks Bennett circle cutout sleeves. Our Buckeye Bennett with the Jags now nor Shelton Rankins has the work ethic this Gun seems to have. Larry is just far to easy to root for..#thelordw/larry EDIT--staying on topic--Peppers follow that Tank!!
-
Man I don't want to like JalapeƱo but I do. Hoping he plays well....
-
You did say that his covered skills that were questionable which I guess you're right you didn't say specifically that he could not cover just that his coverage skills were questionable if you want to be a woman is that I guess you can but you did say that or you go to someone else he did say that and basically played it to yourself
The fuck does this ramble even mean?
-
I am on my phone trying to use voice recognition sometimes it does not recognize what I am saying and garbles things so that's why it looks funky and I do not have the patience to go back and try to correct it Walla
-
Were you speaking in Yiddish?!
-
There's two or three very good coverage safeties that will likely be in next year's draft.
Peppers isn't our center fielder and he never was meant to be.
We'll fly with a base 42 this year with Pryor at SS and Peppers at $lb and leave the free safety position open for the taking. Whoever has the range and the instinct will take it, or we'll
go into next year with our sights set on Fitzpatrick or someone else.
Although, I kind of prefer Derwin...
-
-
I was all verklempt
-
There's two or three very good coverage safeties that will likely be in next year's draft.
Peppers isn't our center fielder and he never was meant to be.
We'll fly with a base 42 this year with Pryor at SS and Peppers at $lb and leave the free safety position open for the taking. Whoever has the range and the instinct will take it, or we'll
go into next year with our sights set on Fitzpatrick or someone else.
Although, I kind of prefer Derwin...
... or we'll go into next year with our sights set on Fitzpatrick or someone else. Although, I kind of prefer Derwin...
Has Fitz indicated that he will declare? The FS Sr. class is not all that strong.
And.. Derwin?
-
Derwin James from FSU.
-
... or we'll go into next year with our sights set on Fitzpatrick or someone else. Although, I kind of prefer Derwin...
Has Fitz indicated that he will declare? The FS Sr. class is not all that strong.
And.. Derwin?
Has Fitz indicated that he will declare? The FS Sr. class is not all that strong.
And.. Derwin?
He hasn't, but if he maintains the same level of play, he's likely a top 10 pick. Could sneak into the top 5.
Derwin James of FSU - similar mold to Jabrill but better in coverage. He could be the best safety prospect in years, maybe decades. Hype train is boarding now.
-
Has Fitz indicated that he will declare? The FS Sr. class is not all that strong.
And.. Derwin?
He hasn't, but if he maintains the same level of play, he's likely a top 10 pick. Could sneak into the top 5.
Derwin James of FSU - similar mold to Jabrill but better in coverage. He could be the best safety prospect in years, maybe decades. Hype train is boarding now.
Derwin James of FSU - similar mold to Jabrill but better in coverage. He could be the best safety prospect in years, maybe decades. Hype train is boarding now.
All aboard!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login