Skip to content

Camp News

The Browns Board
206 35 9.1k
  • I swear his problem seems to be that the gut on him keeps throwing him off balance. They need to insist he run with Garrett in those 100 yd. sprints Myles does after every practice if he wants a shot at making this team.

  • Hue had a strange comment on Cam, which has me puzzled.....basically said, after watching the tape, that Cam didnt look as terrible as he thought he would....????

    1) What?......yes he did.....

    2) What makes me nervous is that he is(kind of) defending his play.....so, again, I say....WHAT?

    @mudfly said:

    Hue had a strange comment on Cam, which has me puzzled.....basically said, after watching the tape, that Cam didnt look as terrible as he thought he would....????

    1) What?......yes he did.....

    2) What makes me nervous is that he is(kind of) defending his play.....so, again, I say....WHAT?

    Yeah- he only looked "bad", not terrible awful stinko bad. We disagree Hue.

    @canton-mike said:

    Yeah, I HOPE Hue is trying to use reverse psychology on him so he won't hurt his feelings as bad when we cut him. The guy is worthless.

    Mike

    Dead cap is around $5 million- may as well get that out of the way sooner instead of later. I mean last year when he was (trying to) play center and got hurt- we brought in a practice squad guy who was an improvement.

  • @mudfly said:

    Hue had a strange comment on Cam, which has me puzzled.....basically said, after watching the tape, that Cam didnt look as terrible as he thought he would....????

    1) What?......yes he did.....

    2) What makes me nervous is that he is(kind of) defending his play.....so, again, I say....WHAT?

    Yeah- he only looked "bad", not terrible awful stinko bad. We disagree Hue.

    @canton-mike said:

    Yeah, I HOPE Hue is trying to use reverse psychology on him so he won't hurt his feelings as bad when we cut him. The guy is worthless.

    Mike

    Dead cap is around $5 million- may as well get that out of the way sooner instead of later. I mean last year when he was (trying to) play center and got hurt- we brought in a practice squad guy who was an improvement.

    @hoorta said:

    Dead cap is around $5 million- may as well get that out of the way sooner instead of later. I mean last year when he was (trying to) play center and got hurt- we brought in a practice squad guy who was an improvement.

    I forgot about that. What an indictment of bad play. 😮

  • There are too many garbage players still in camps, having only one cut down is ridiculous. The real world needs to put those college degrees to work sooner than later.

  • Just because there is one cut now does not mean the teams have to wait until that date because anybody can cut anyone anytime they want

  • Still have to carry a minimum number I believe.

  • Still have to carry a minimum number I believe.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Still have to carry a minimum number I believe.

    So, what ARE the rules

  • I swear his problem seems to be that the gut on him keeps throwing him off balance. They need to insist he run with Garrett in those 100 yd. sprints Myles does after every practice if he wants a shot at making this team.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I swear his problem seems to be that the gut on him keeps throwing him off balance. They need to insist he run with Garrett in those 100 yd. sprints Myles does after every practice if he wants a shot at making this team.

    Certainly did not come out of FSU with that belly... but he was still ungainly.

    Have only watched the game... not "graded" the OL, but Cam had a few decent plays... just so many more epic fails.

    I did not think the hold called on Shon was a hold.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I swear his problem seems to be that the gut on him keeps throwing him off balance. They need to insist he run with Garrett in those 100 yd. sprints Myles does after every practice if he wants a shot at making this team.

    Certainly did not come out of FSU with that belly... but he was still ungainly.

    Have only watched the game... not "graded" the OL, but Cam had a few decent plays... just so many more epic fails.

    I did not think the hold called on Shon was a hold.

    @tour2ma said:

    Certainly did not come out of FSU with that belly... but he was still ungainly.

    Have only watched the game... not "graded" the OL, but Cam had a few decent plays... just so many more epic fails.

    I did not think the hold called on Shon was a hold.

    I think everyone got irritated with him after his false start / hold / allowed pressure on one play; that was pretty bad, lol. After that he had a couple blunders but really wasn't that bad from what I saw compared to what everyone was saying. He definitely had several plays where he handled his guy just fine.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I swear his problem seems to be that the gut on him keeps throwing him off balance. They need to insist he run with Garrett in those 100 yd. sprints Myles does after every practice if he wants a shot at making this team.

    Certainly did not come out of FSU with that belly... but he was still ungainly.

    Have only watched the game... not "graded" the OL, but Cam had a few decent plays... just so many more epic fails.

    I did not think the hold called on Shon was a hold.

    @tour2ma said:

    but he was still ungainly.

    Have only watched the game... not "graded" the OL,

    .

    Ungainly? is a T word-ism on Cam I've never heard of..watch this

    than saddle up in your stirrups and tell us if Zach Sterup #79 has any chance of filling RT2 ..I'll be here all week

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I'll fill in for Gumby today

    Tom Petty broke my Heart-breaker too with a "King" "Was it good to be Green, If just for a while. To be there in Velvet,yeah, to give'em a 🙂. It's good to get High & never come down. Was it good to be Green. Of your own little Town".

    we have found Gumby's walk-up tune

  • https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/8/14/16146406/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-14-jabrill-peppers-delivers-best-practice-yet Good stuff on a closed Camp Monday. Garrett earned his way up from chart, well here comes Peppers & Njoku..Tia's right on that Helmet Visor on Kirksey..Wicked..come get you some sun

  • Must be almost dinner Time.. Cam Erving Is running a Lap 😛 EDIT-- Hue cuts day early with good work. No meetings Get Away. Curfew 11PM not 11:01PM..Kessler all 2's.Brock & Kizer split all 1's..Hue to announce MNF starter Tomorrow.. Wednesday.. "We think we know"?

  • Must be almost dinner Time.. Cam Erving Is running a Lap 😛 EDIT-- Hue cuts day early with good work. No meetings Get Away. Curfew 11PM not 11:01PM..Kessler all 2's.Brock & Kizer split all 1's..Hue to announce MNF starter Tomorrow.. Wednesday.. "We think we know"?

    @gumby73 said:

    Hue to announce MNF starter Tomorrow.. Wednesday.. "We think we know"?

    It's supposed to be nationally televised on espn. I truly doubt he'd throw Kizer out there into that situation. It'll be the Ostrich.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Hue to announce MNF starter Tomorrow.. Wednesday.. "We think we know"?

    It's supposed to be nationally televised on espn. I truly doubt he'd throw Kizer out there into that situation. It'll be the Ostrich.

    @orion said:

    It's supposed to be nationally televised on espn. I truly doubt he'd throw Kizer out there into that situation. It'll be the Ostrich.

    Rumors are moving fast that we may get both first half O.Snap count or alternating possessions? don't know? Looking back at camp attendees, looks like we finally got our true 1st OL going in pads Saturday & Monday(behind closed doors) Zieter looks to be the iron-man of group with no days off. JT was out today while Joel B. struggled to get up probably protecting LT also. Joel's fine, But if Hue wants a true snapshot of both? Maybe a 2 series snap count number (15-18 plays) on the true OL 1's would be nice, going into real script in TB..Wednesday? this media will be pounding the streets to way past Hues 11PM curfew 😆.I'll believe it.WHEN I see it & not hear it https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/8/15/16154638/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-15-live-in berea

  • @tour2ma said:

    but he was still ungainly.

    Have only watched the game... not "graded" the OL,

    .

    Ungainly? is a T word-ism on Cam I've never heard of..watch this

    than saddle up in your stirrups and tell us if Zach Sterup #79 has any chance of filling RT2 ..I'll be here all week

    @gumby73 said:

    Ungainly? is a T word-ism on Cam I've never heard of..watch this

    than saddle up in your stirrups and tell us if Zach Sterup #79 has any chance of filling RT2 ..I'll be here all week

    Love the guy's laugh in that clip... perfect illustration of "see what you hit"... in this case the ground.

    On Sterup.... Since NFL Net interrupted the end of its first rebroadcast of the Saints' game with 1/2 hour of babble about Zeke's suspension, I'll have to get back to you after the next replay is recorded...

  • @gumby73 said:

    Ungainly? is a T word-ism on Cam I've never heard of..watch this

    than saddle up in your stirrups and tell us if Zach Sterup #79 has any chance of filling RT2 ..I'll be here all week

    Love the guy's laugh in that clip... perfect illustration of "see what you hit"... in this case the ground.

    On Sterup.... Since NFL Net interrupted the end of its first rebroadcast of the Saints' game with 1/2 hour of babble about Zeke's suspension, I'll have to get back to you after the next replay is recorded...

    @tour2ma said:

    Love the guy's laugh in that clip... perfect illustration of "see what you hit"... in this case the ground.

    On Sterup.... Since NFL Net interrupted the end of its first rebroadcast of the Saints' game with 1/2 hour of babble about Zeke's suspension, I'll have to get back to you after the next replay is recorded...

    Replay was Monday and they left out the whole 3rd Q this time.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Love the guy's laugh in that clip... perfect illustration of "see what you hit"... in this case the ground.

    On Sterup.... Since NFL Net interrupted the end of its first rebroadcast of the Saints' game with 1/2 hour of babble about Zeke's suspension, I'll have to get back to you after the next replay is recorded...

    Replay was Monday and they left out the whole 3rd Q this time.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Replay was Monday and they left out the whole 3rd Q this time.

    Rich Eisen had a fan booth set-up at the draft for photo opt with fans. Of course it was located right next to a beer tent. I chose tree shade & beer tent & watched this Gooberfest. Eisen now looks like that fat faced spoiled millionaire kid of a oppaloopa straight out of Willie Wonka's Factory. Eisen has this thing about admiring his fingernails. Literately Popping in & Out of a Sports Jacket. Than seriously would hand sanitize his hands per every photo opt. session..One 24 onz'er later I could not bear to watch this Homo-ness...