Camp News
-
Peppers, the guy that was willing to play 15 positions and hurt his draft stock, for the good of the Michigan football team, is anything but a primadonna
Peppers, the guy that was willing to play 15 positions and hurt his draft stock, for the good of the Michigan football team, is anything but a primadonna
No pole smoking. A comment was made about him being a primadonna. We have plenty from his time at Michigan that proves that incorrect
This isn't saying he'll be in the HOF. This is commenting on his known personality.
Though i know you're chomping at the bit to go after him.
Isn't about personality- or even that he went to Michigan. All about the Benjamins now Woody. Go argue about offset language or something piddly.
-
No pole smoking. A comment was made about him being a primadonna. We have plenty from his time at Michigan that proves that incorrect
This isn't saying he'll be in the HOF. This is commenting on his known personality.
Though i know you're chomping at the bit to go after him.
TIL the original (and I guess technically more correct) version of that phrase is actually "champing at the bit".
I had no idea until someone mentioned it in the office.
The more you know.
TIL the original (and I guess technically more correct) version of that phrase is actually "champing at the bit".
I had no idea until someone mentioned it in the office.
The more you know.
You clearly don't watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. And for that, I repent on your behalf. Please correct this immediately.
-
Quite disheartening that Brantley is already pissing the coaches off.
I'm getting the feeling that he's just a punk who'll be back in trouble with the law sooner than later.
Quite disheartening that Brantley is already pissing the coaches off.
I'm getting the feeling that he's just a punk who'll be back in trouble with the law sooner than later.
The coach just said that he needs to be more consistent with effort and everything, the coach said that the message has gotten through to him and the difference he has shown from rookie minicamp to this minicamp has been night and day.
-
Quite disheartening that Brantley is already pissing the coaches off.
I'm getting the feeling that he's just a punk who'll be back in trouble with the law sooner than later.
The coach just said that he needs to be more consistent with effort and everything, the coach said that the message has gotten through to him and the difference he has shown from rookie minicamp to this minicamp has been night and day.
-
Camp dates have been posted. I'm looking at the Aug. 13th one - a Sunday, myself.
-
If we know nothing else about Williams from his Hard Knocks footage, it's that he "communicates" very clearly.
I like his tough guy persona....and I LOVE people who say it like it is.....no matter what....and Williams seems to be that guy....
I honestly know very little about his scheme or how players respond to him, as my only knowledge of him prior to coming here was bounty gate.....
I wonder....... if Williams said "this guy isnt very good".....would he be whining?....
Based upon years and years of managing people.....I do know that there is no leadership technique that works for everyone.....so, Id guess that some will respond well to Williams pushing them, while others wont.....many people fail because they are under too much pressure to perform, so turning up the heat doesnt always work.......But, in the end, it's always been my opinion that coaches rarely make great players outta average ones......and changing schemes rarely turns around a team....99% of the time, good teams are good because they have good players.....
-
If we know nothing else about Williams from his Hard Knocks footage, it's that he "communicates" very clearly.
I like his tough guy persona....and I LOVE people who say it like it is.....no matter what....and Williams seems to be that guy....
I honestly know very little about his scheme or how players respond to him, as my only knowledge of him prior to coming here was bounty gate.....
I wonder....... if Williams said "this guy isnt very good".....would he be whining?....
Based upon years and years of managing people.....I do know that there is no leadership technique that works for everyone.....so, Id guess that some will respond well to Williams pushing them, while others wont.....many people fail because they are under too much pressure to perform, so turning up the heat doesnt always work.......But, in the end, it's always been my opinion that coaches rarely make great players outta average ones......and changing schemes rarely turns around a team....99% of the time, good teams are good because they have good players.....
Based upon years and years of managing people.....I do know that there is no leadership technique that works for everyone.....so, Id guess that some will respond well to Williams pushing them, while others wont.....many people fail because they are under too much pressure to perform, so turning up the heat doesnt always work.......But, in the end, it's always been my opinion that coaches rarely make great players outta average ones......and changing schemes rarely turns around a team....99% of the time, good teams are good because they have good players.....
Bingo...
There are other "things" I remember about Gregg from Hard Knocks...
- He tells players that he is going to be a blunt, demanding hard-ass... and then he is... but...
- He also praises as well as damns... I believe it was Ogletree that he was repeatedly, near incessantly telling how good he could be.
It's that second bit, the praise and expressions of confidence, that pick up where the ass-chewing leaves off that makes hard-ass coaches beloved... makes players want to run thru walls for the coach.
Gregg strikes me as astute enough to see when that swap is needed... where the continued "beating up" of a player with potential will only "beat them down" and they need to be lifted up. So long as he takes the pulse of his players collectively, and individually, they'll respond to him. So long as at that key moment he can find something to praise, an old management maxim I learned, there won't be a wall safe from being run thru by our D... and likely a few on the O-side as well.
-
Gotta say I really like what I see from him......From an early standpoint, he's probably my favorite coach hire in a long long time....
Something electric about him.....and, unlike our other coaches, I buy into what he says and have a tendency to believe what he says....
I imagine he is a good counter point(good guy bad guy) to Hue....who's more of a nurturer....
And, if you're gonna be a hard driving bad ass.....defense is where it belongs.......In the words of the great Lawrence Taylor....
-
Anybody else reserve their training camp tickets yet?
-
-
I went with Aug 13th but I may get a pair for July 29th so I can see the improvement over the course of camp. Haven't decided yet.
-
-
29th, 30th, scrimmage, 5th and the 13th 5 each.
-
Has anybody read or heard locally if D'browns are having a dual practice against another team at camp? Bears have opt'd out of them..Bills/Colts & Lions are booked already..Saints come to town 8-10(open practice Aug-7&8th)..NYG's in town 8-21(a closed practice 8-19)?
-
Saw a video of Myles Garrett recently dunking a basketball. I'd say his foot is now well.
-
Saw a video of Myles Garrett recently dunking a basketball. I'd say his foot is now well.
Saw a video of Myles Garrett recently dunking a basketball. I'd say his foot is now well.
More good news!
At this point, just not sweating the whole Garrett injury concern.....I fully expect him to show up and play......w/o a limp
-
Day 1 in the books..Play of the day? A Kessler pump & go 40 yrds. to Britt over Haden. 3 down with cramps/Hue Britt,Vitale & WR from Bengals James Wright. All given IV's Hue says good to go.(imo watch Vitale? carted off, left leg knee or ankle.other 2 walked off).Myles back 2 back sacks. No JT match-up yet. Hue praises FO "we took the right player & person with 1st pick". Per Hue Corey Coleman with a impressive start fiting in the offense as a leader getting guys lined up. Cleveland.com gives live updates during all practise days if interested.Browns site loaded with videos. Enjoy!! https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/7/27/16050376/cleveland-browns-camp-recap-day-1-myles-garrett-shows-off-qb-competition-begins 50M cap space..We got Bleachers Boys..It is Christmas

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login