Skip to content

Camp News

The Browns Board
206 35 9.1k
  • oh, I'm also just getting over most of a cold...took a Dayquill to not be sneezing at the practice.

    Coleman made a GREAT catch along the far sideline - judged it beautifully, the db was right there.

    At one point, I started feeling sick a bit, the breeze faltered, so I went down and got a bottle of water

    and a plain hotdog. Plain hotdog- $3.00. Loaded...$5. Signed up over at the booths to win a Joe Thomas

    autographed helmet. Yeah, right. Didn't win it last year, either. That is probably when I missed the interception...

    But, I DID spin the wheel, and get myself a free little orange megaphone, that says "Drive to Stay Alive" from

    State Farm. I have two now, and haven't gotten around to putting a big Browns sticker on em....

  • calfoxwc-interesting you describe Garrett as a jaguar. He majored in paleontology and describes himself as Deinonychus, a velociraptor twice the size of the ones in Jurassic Park. If you ever saw him snatch a QB with one hand and throw him down, you would think he is very accurate. Glad to see you were as impressed as I have been since his first game as a freshman. Last year was NOT the guy I saw the 1st two years because of the injury. Sounds like he has recovered fully now. Gonna be fun to watch him and his compadres unleashed this year.

  • Today's practice should be crazy.from what i read into. #1.Haslem doing his best Axle Rose whistling just a little patience till 18 or 19. #2.Shelton now a fan of the fabulous Samoans with the Samoan flop on football piles. #3.Gregg Williams defense got torched by Hues new running game drive 1. #4. Reynolds is a spot where we really don't need injuries. Hoping for the short IR & not the season.

  • calfoxwc-interesting you describe Garrett as a jaguar. He majored in paleontology and describes himself as Deinonychus, a velociraptor twice the size of the ones in Jurassic Park. If you ever saw him snatch a QB with one hand and throw him down, you would think he is very accurate. Glad to see you were as impressed as I have been since his first game as a freshman. Last year was NOT the guy I saw the 1st two years because of the injury. Sounds like he has recovered fully now. Gonna be fun to watch him and his compadres unleashed this year.

    @texasag1969 said:

    calfoxwc-interesting you describe Garrett as a jaguar. He majored in paleontology and describes himself as Deinonychus, a velociraptor twice the size of the ones in Jurassic Park. If you ever saw him snatch a QB with one hand and throw him down, you would think he is very accurate. Glad to see you were as impressed as I have been since his first game as a freshman. Last year was NOT the guy I saw the 1st two years because of the injury. Sounds like he has recovered fully now. Gonna be fun to watch him and his compadres unleashed this year.

    Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

    While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

    Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

  • @orion said:

    A week ago I said he'd be our opening day starter.

    I just get this feeling that Brock is that Booger on the tip of the Browns finger & they don't no where to put it 🙂 As for Kizer, the kid took a scripted notebook paper to a empty field a hour after practice calling play verb-age in a huddle that he has never done before. Preseason games in about a week. Operation Separation for somebody or it goes to Kessler?

    Y'all trying to pull Garrett onto the forum with the dino-talk? Might work...

    Finally had to look up this UDFA, Schult... may be more than Camp fodder, but see nothing in his measurables to suggest anything special.

    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/northern-iowa/uni-panthers/2017/04/30/unis-karter-schult-cleveland-browns-undrafted-free-agent/308021001/

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1004816&draftyear=2017&genpos=DE

    @gumby73 said:

    I just get this feeling that Brock is that Booger on the tip of the Browns finger & they don't no where to put it 🙂

    lol... would not have put it that way, but kinda...

    Ideally Brock finishes a close 2nd with 3rd close on his heels... pump up that trade value...

    @calfoxwc said:

    1. well, it was hot, and I'm just recovered from maybe a black widow spider bite and antibiotics....
    2. Kevin Hogan did a nice job - seemed to get rid of the ball quick. Osweiler doesn't. Held onto the ball way too long.Indicative of anything at all?
    1. Never messed with a widow, but have tangled with a brown recluse... twice... skin disruption is no fun.
    2. What was the drill?
  • Off to some double A baseball. Boys are at the podium & no news on Reynolds but we have signed a former Colts OL man Kitt O'Brien..never heard of a good Colts OLman so next on the podium is Tour2ma...later,beer,peanuts & cracker jacks..Oh My

  • @texasag1969 said:

    calfoxwc-interesting you describe Garrett as a jaguar. He majored in paleontology and describes himself as Deinonychus, a velociraptor twice the size of the ones in Jurassic Park. If you ever saw him snatch a QB with one hand and throw him down, you would think he is very accurate. Glad to see you were as impressed as I have been since his first game as a freshman. Last year was NOT the guy I saw the 1st two years because of the injury. Sounds like he has recovered fully now. Gonna be fun to watch him and his compadres unleashed this year.

    Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

    While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

    Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

    While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

    Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

    While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

    Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png

    @texasag1969 said:

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.
  • The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

  • The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

    @d-bone said:

    The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    ...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

    We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

    What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

  • What was the drill? Tour

    ********************************

    I think it was the 11 on 11. Have to remember, folks - there are a lot of guys being put different places to

    see how they do - not the starters all the time. I don't know if Joe Thomas and a few others had the day off,

    but this early, it isn't valid to read anything significant into a lot of looks and happenings.

  • @d-bone said:

    The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    ...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

    We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

    What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

    @orion said:

    ...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

    We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

    What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

    sure you can.in 07-08 Browns included another Bengals OLman named Eric Steinbach & Jamal Lewis ran wild with Browns. Duke & Dayes should cause some match-up issues underneath also. Am not saying Crow is capable of a Jamal season but if this OL can "go kick Can's" at the 2nd level of a defense? The Crow Will Fly!! (or rumble,bumble than stumble but damn don't fumble 😉)

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.

    Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

    But enough on the dinos.

    How did the Browns do yesterday?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.

    Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

    But enough on the dinos.

    How did the Browns do yesterday?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

    But enough on the dinos.

    How did the Browns do yesterday?

    I guess standing straight up they could hit 5 feet, though these dinosaurs rarely did. They're more often measured by length and hip height, and hip height was normally in the 3-3.5 foot range, which is just around where their normal head height would be.

    Standing straight up, they're a fat 13 year old. Either way, Utahraptor was closer to the velociraptor model in JP in size and appearance, save for a few small differences.

    Source: took a lot of blowoff classes in college. Also was a fat 13 year old.

  • The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

    @d-bone said:

    The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

    Going to happen in anything less than a "full go" scrimmage.

    @calfoxwc said:

    What was the drill? Tour

    ********************************

    I think it was the 11 on 11. Have to remember, folks - there are a lot of guys being put different places to see how they do - not the starters all the time. I don't know if Joe Thomas and a few others had the day off, but this early, it isn't valid to read anything significant into a lot of looks and happenings.

    Thanks...

    Agree... nothing to lock in this early anyway, but in 11-on-11 read/progression speed should be the key. Kess, with his experience in Hue's system should be faster now.

  • I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

  • I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    @cambridgeho said:

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    Or, maybe he starts most of the season. He is still the most experienced QB on the team...and the ONLY one who has ever won an NFL game. (Kessler being -0-8 last year...and I think Hogan may have been 0-1.)

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    @cambridgeho said:

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

    Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or, maybe he starts most of the season. He is still the most experienced QB on the team...and the ONLY one who has ever won an NFL game. (Kessler being -0-8 last year...and I think Hogan may have been 0-1.)

    Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.