Skip to content

Camp News

The Browns Board
206 35 9.1k
  • Off to some double A baseball. Boys are at the podium & no news on Reynolds but we have signed a former Colts OL man Kitt O'Brien..never heard of a good Colts OLman so next on the podium is Tour2ma...later,beer,peanuts & cracker jacks..Oh My

  • @texasag1969 said:

    calfoxwc-interesting you describe Garrett as a jaguar. He majored in paleontology and describes himself as Deinonychus, a velociraptor twice the size of the ones in Jurassic Park. If you ever saw him snatch a QB with one hand and throw him down, you would think he is very accurate. Glad to see you were as impressed as I have been since his first game as a freshman. Last year was NOT the guy I saw the 1st two years because of the injury. Sounds like he has recovered fully now. Gonna be fun to watch him and his compadres unleashed this year.

    Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

    While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

    Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

    While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

    Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Velociraptors were actually very small - only about 40 lbs.

    While called velociraptor, the raptors in JP were closer to the size of a Utahraptor.

    Deinoychus was smaller than the Utahraptor, but larger than the velociraptor, like around the height of a small child.

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png

    @texasag1969 said:

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.
  • The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

  • The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

    @d-bone said:

    The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    ...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

    We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

    What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

  • What was the drill? Tour

    ********************************

    I think it was the 11 on 11. Have to remember, folks - there are a lot of guys being put different places to

    see how they do - not the starters all the time. I don't know if Joe Thomas and a few others had the day off,

    but this early, it isn't valid to read anything significant into a lot of looks and happenings.

  • @d-bone said:

    The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    ...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

    We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

    What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

    @orion said:

    ...doesn't really matter. Nobody can run the ball down anyone's throat anymore. (well, unless you've been running against us or the 49'ers).

    We just need to be able to run the ball decently.

    What we HAVE TO be able to do is pass the ball. Which, in turn, helps the run.

    sure you can.in 07-08 Browns included another Bengals OLman named Eric Steinbach & Jamal Lewis ran wild with Browns. Duke & Dayes should cause some match-up issues underneath also. Am not saying Crow is capable of a Jamal season but if this OL can "go kick Can's" at the 2nd level of a defense? The Crow Will Fly!! (or rumble,bumble than stumble but damn don't fumble 😉)

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It was about 5 ft high and weighed up to 220 lbs according to what I have read.

    800px-Dromie_scale.png

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.

    Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

    But enough on the dinos.

    How did the Browns do yesterday?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Look at your diagram - the Deinonychus is the middle one, not the largest one.

    Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

    But enough on the dinos.

    How did the Browns do yesterday?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yes-like I said about 5 ft. tall (when standing up, not running) 220 lbs. The Utahraptor was about 2000+ lbs.

    But enough on the dinos.

    How did the Browns do yesterday?

    I guess standing straight up they could hit 5 feet, though these dinosaurs rarely did. They're more often measured by length and hip height, and hip height was normally in the 3-3.5 foot range, which is just around where their normal head height would be.

    Standing straight up, they're a fat 13 year old. Either way, Utahraptor was closer to the velociraptor model in JP in size and appearance, save for a few small differences.

    Source: took a lot of blowoff classes in college. Also was a fat 13 year old.

  • The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

    @d-bone said:

    The 1/2 full D Bone is happy the offense ran the ball down the D's throat.

    The 1/2 empty D Bone fears they ran the ball down the D's throat because it's still the same old weakass D and once they match up against a real D they won't have near the success.

    Going to happen in anything less than a "full go" scrimmage.

    @calfoxwc said:

    What was the drill? Tour

    ********************************

    I think it was the 11 on 11. Have to remember, folks - there are a lot of guys being put different places to see how they do - not the starters all the time. I don't know if Joe Thomas and a few others had the day off, but this early, it isn't valid to read anything significant into a lot of looks and happenings.

    Thanks...

    Agree... nothing to lock in this early anyway, but in 11-on-11 read/progression speed should be the key. Kess, with his experience in Hue's system should be faster now.

  • I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

  • I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I'll ask the $64 question:

    Which QB gets cut, and which QB makes the practice squad?

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    @cambridgeho said:

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    Or, maybe he starts most of the season. He is still the most experienced QB on the team...and the ONLY one who has ever won an NFL game. (Kessler being -0-8 last year...and I think Hogan may have been 0-1.)

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nobody cut, stash Hogan.

    Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    @cambridgeho said:

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

    Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or, maybe he starts most of the season. He is still the most experienced QB on the team...and the ONLY one who has ever won an NFL game. (Kessler being -0-8 last year...and I think Hogan may have been 0-1.)

    Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    From what I heard before was if we release Brock, and some picks him up, we wouldn't have to pay his full leftover salary. So with the money ball guys, maybe that factors into it. Or he gets traded for a 5th rouder or worse.

    I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

    Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or, maybe he starts most of the season. He is still the most experienced QB on the team...and the ONLY one who has ever won an NFL game. (Kessler being -0-8 last year...and I think Hogan may have been 0-1.)

    Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

    Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

    Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.

    We don't know anything yet. Sure, it would be great if that happened....but, his college performance was sketchy...so there is plenty of skepticism about him....and like they say in Missouri....he has to "Show Me" if he has the right stuff. I just can't get emotionally excited about him at this point.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

    Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

    Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.

    We don't know anything yet. Sure, it would be great if that happened....but, his college performance was sketchy...so there is plenty of skepticism about him....and like they say in Missouri....he has to "Show Me" if he has the right stuff. I just can't get emotionally excited about him at this point.

    @the-gipper said:

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

    Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

    Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.

    We don't know anything yet. Sure, it would be great if that happened....but, his college performance was sketchy...so there is plenty of skepticism about him....and like they say in Missouri....he has to "Show Me" if he has the right stuff. I just can't get emotionally excited about him at this point.

    He's currently outshining any of our other QB's in camp and has impressed not only the fans in attendance - but Hue, Kenny Britt, but a few offensive linemen have spoken about how he's ahead of where they thought he'd be as well.

    Sounds like he's showing whoever he needs to show.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I still think best case scenario (and the FO's ultimate plan) is to Sam Bradford him - hang on to him until a team in the playoff hunt loses a QB and will trade for Brock.

    Granted, Romo and Cutler would still be the first options were that the case, but it's better than just cutting Brock outright. We're gonna have to pay him regardless, might as well keep him around until someone needs him.

    Not gonna happen. Kizer's gonna get that start and never look back.

    We don't know anything yet. Sure, it would be great if that happened....but, his college performance was sketchy...so there is plenty of skepticism about him....and like they say in Missouri....he has to "Show Me" if he has the right stuff. I just can't get emotionally excited about him at this point.

    He's currently outshining any of our other QB's in camp and has impressed not only the fans in attendance - but Hue, Kenny Britt, but a few offensive linemen have spoken about how he's ahead of where they thought he'd be as well.

    Sounds like he's showing whoever he needs to show.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's currently outshining any of our other QB's in camp and has impressed not only the fans in attendance - but Hue, Kenny Britt, but a few offensive linemen have spoken about how he's ahead of where they thought he'd be as well.

    Sounds like he's showing whoever he needs to show.

    Where have you heard that? A couple of radio reports that I have heard here, locally, from guys who have been on the scene, have said that none of the QBs have been all that impressive. Can it just be a variance in perception by observors? Could the guys you reference be desperate to have a QB here look like a success that they have some rose colored glasses on? I hope you are right. We need a break when it comes to QB. I just am now hearing different stuff...from you and from others.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's currently outshining any of our other QB's in camp and has impressed not only the fans in attendance - but Hue, Kenny Britt, but a few offensive linemen have spoken about how he's ahead of where they thought he'd be as well.

    Sounds like he's showing whoever he needs to show.

    Where have you heard that? A couple of radio reports that I have heard here, locally, from guys who have been on the scene, have said that none of the QBs have been all that impressive. Can it just be a variance in perception by observors? Could the guys you reference be desperate to have a QB here look like a success that they have some rose colored glasses on? I hope you are right. We need a break when it comes to QB. I just am now hearing different stuff...from you and from others.

    @the-gipper said:

    Where have you heard that? A couple of radio reports that I have heard here, locally, from guys who have been on the scene, have said that none of the QBs have been all that impressive. Can it just be a variance in perception by observors? Could the guys you reference be desperate to have a QB here look like a success that they have some rose colored glasses on? I hope you are right. We need a break when it comes to QB. I just am now hearing different stuff...from you and from others.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/7/29/16060862/kizer-is-reflective-on-leadership-shortcomings-at-notre-dame

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/browns_kenny_britt_on_deshone.html

    http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/07/31/why-deshone-kizer-has-the-edge-to-win-browns-starting-quarterback-job/

    http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/07/28/browns-rookie-deshone-kizer-looking-polished-in-camp-competition/

    Sounds like you're listening to the wrong guys.