Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, Mahomes

Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, Mahomes

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 14 Posters 768 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • sisky fringo sisky fringoS
    • 2k Posts
    • 96 Reputation
    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This is one of the most interesting QB draft classes I've ever seen. Each has very specific + and - to their game.

    We have the "Michael Jordan of QBs", the big-body canon-armed yet intelligent and eloquent current Cleveland Brown, another an intriguing hometown homer who is light on film, and lastly Mahomes who has probably the most mystery and most natural throwing talent of all of them.

    I feel decent about Kizer, but I definitely look forward to casually following all of their careers.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 363 Reputation
      W wargograw wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Trubisky, Watson, Watson.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 4k Posts
        • 918 Reputation
        L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Here comes Ghoolie

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I'm not crazy about any of them, but DeShaun Watson is set up better than any other QB in the class to excel and succeed. He's going to a pretty damn good team with a coach who's made his living on developing QB talent. They like Tom Savage enough to start him 6+ weeks and let Watson come in (if he doesn't start week 1 which I think he will).

          chocoC 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Zombo Z
            • 8k Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Like I said before the draft, Kiser is the best of the bunch, best talent with highest upside.

            Watson will be a solid pro. Mahomo will be a bust, and Trubisky will likely bust as well.

            Z

            The GipperT One PostO 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Z Zombo

              Like I said before the draft, Kiser is the best of the bunch, best talent with highest upside.

              Watson will be a solid pro. Mahomo will be a bust, and Trubisky will likely bust as well.

              Z

              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Zombo said:

              Like I said before the draft, Kiser is the best of the bunch, best talent with highest upside.

              Watson will be a solid pro. Mahomo will be a bust, and Trubisky will likely bust as well.

              Z

              Trubisky will turn out to be Aaron Rodgers lite. But I do think that Mahomes and Watson have the best chances to bust. If Kizer turns out to be the best of the bunch...and I hope he will be, that will mean the Browns will be in for a very good future.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Mr. Make-Believe Mr. Make-BelieveM Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 719 Posts
                • 122 Reputation
                Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I think it says something that every team gave up serious assets to draft the three QBs before Kizer and their upside/potential doesn't differ much between them.

                I wasn't high on Kizer before the draft but I was happy with where we drafted him. No pressure and a solid opportunity to fix our quarterback situation in Cleveland.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @ghoolie said:

                  Trubisky is the only QB in the bunch. Three black Tarkentons will all wind up in the fucking trash can with RG3, Culpepper, Newton and the rest of the jumpy, jittery, juggernauts.

                  NEW FLASH................nobody plays spread offernse, flag-football in the NFL. Kizer, Watson and Mahomes all used their feet to play QB. In college their physical ability is superior to most of the folks they play against. In the NFL their speed is ordinary and their life-long teachings to run run run...will get them fucked up quickly.

                  Trubisky plays with his brain and his arm. He is the only QB in this group who has real QB skills.

                  Kessler will get fucked up or pulled within 4 games, most likely the Steelers will concuss him again. Then we get Turdwieller, then black Tarkenton. We will get to see Trubisky twice. I can't wait to see him rip Williams "Irritated Gorilla Offense" to shreds, while Browns fans talk about how we are building assets.

                  Trubisky plays for the Bears. The Browns do play them in the next to last game of the season. For the Browns to see him twice, it will mean they will be playing each other in the Super Bowl.

                  Or, err, maybe you are talking about the preseason. They play them in the very last preseason game.....like that game means anything to anyone.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Z Zombo

                    Like I said before the draft, Kiser is the best of the bunch, best talent with highest upside.

                    Watson will be a solid pro. Mahomo will be a bust, and Trubisky will likely bust as well.

                    Z

                    One Post One PostO
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 284 Reputation
                    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by One Post
                    #9

                    Zombo said:

                    Like I said before the draft, Kiser is the best of the bunch, best talent with highest upside.

                    Watson will be a solid pro. Mahomo will be a bust, and Trubisky will likely bust as well.

                    Z

                    I was on the Mitch train then after the draft I'm on the Bitch train. I like Kiser a lot but see Watson having the skillset to win in his first four seasons. Maybe not a SB but will win.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Pumpkin Eater P
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 297 Reputation
                      P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Kizer sucks.

                      :neutral_face:
                      gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • P Pumpkin Eater

                        Kizer sucks.

                        gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 11k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @pumpkin-eater said:

                        Kizer sucks.

                        They may all suck..At this leagues speed you cannot fix erratic accuracy issues. For that reason alone Watson & Kizer should not be forced to play yet. But Watson will. Trubisky has the Wentz advantage of small school vs. not enough reps. Both are accurate but both still take risk trying to trust their arm speed. The Bears are not even close to the team talent on Philly right now. That leaves Maholmes. Why not? a crazed gun-slinger that Andy Reid can finally see the ball go down the field with..Best #1.Career--MaHolmes #2. None will start week 1 #3.Bust--Mitchell..The Bears have a roster that the Jets & Browns almost equal. John Fox must win..Even Mitch's mama gun'a cry (again)

                        Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 96 Reputation
                          sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @ghoolie said:

                          Trubisky is the only QB in the bunch. Three black Tarkentons will all wind up in the fucking trash can with RG3, Culpepper, Newton and the rest of the jumpy, jittery, juggernauts.

                          NEW FLASH................nobody plays spread offernse, flag-football in the NFL. Kizer, Watson and Mahomes all used their feet to play QB. In college their physical ability is superior to most of the folks they play against. In the NFL their speed is ordinary and their life-long teachings to run run run...will get them fucked up quickly.

                          Trubisky plays with his brain and his arm. He is the only QB in this group who has real QB skills.

                          Kessler will get fucked up or pulled within 4 games, most likely the Steelers will concuss him again. Then we get Turdwieller, then black Tarkenton. We will get to see Trubisky twice. I can't wait to see him rip Williams "Irritated Gorilla Offense" to shreds, while Browns fans talk about how we are building assets.

                          Trubisky locks his front leg out when he throws. defenders will target it.

                          He's a good kid personally but It's likely the Browns weren't high on him and that's probably the biggest reason why. That's one of the hardest habits to correct regarding throwing. The Browns front office absolutely fleeced the Bears and kept they rest of the NFL guessing for 1 1/2 rounds.

                          I heard Kizer visited with the Browns 6 or 7 times pre draft. He throws a real nice catchable ball. It was on display in the short video the team put out yesterday on that pass to Britt (18), ball flew off his hand. His throwing motion was slower a month ago. Now his arm is a blurr. Browns are in great shape at QB compared to last year.

                          Ghoolie, if you are such a racist why even watch NFL? Plenty of hockey fan message boards out there. Or perhaps figure skating is more up your "skin pigmentation" alley.

                          Greg Williams "Gorillas" are going to make your Steelers wish Depodesta was still in baseball.

                          What's your over/under for the Browns this year? If it's two games I'll put $1000 on the over. Easy Money, Rodney.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                            • 30k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I'm happy with the value we got in Kizer in the 2nd. Where will he ultimately fall in this draft class? Dunno... but I feel his odds are as good as any in a class you can throw a blanket over making "value" a matter of price paid. Best value in the class? Kelly... hard to beat "Mr. Irrelevant" value.

                            Situationally Kizer's is as good as any and better than most of the others in the class. Young QB on a developing team with a proven QB developer. Contrast his situation with Trub, who has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders, and Watson, who has a QB ruiner overseeing his development. Only situation that rivals Kizer's is Mahomes' one under Reid with no pressure to do anything except learn.

                            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                            The GipperT MudflyM 2 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                              I'm happy with the value we got in Kizer in the 2nd. Where will he ultimately fall in this draft class? Dunno... but I feel his odds are as good as any in a class you can throw a blanket over making "value" a matter of price paid. Best value in the class? Kelly... hard to beat "Mr. Irrelevant" value.

                              Situationally Kizer's is as good as any and better than most of the others in the class. Young QB on a developing team with a proven QB developer. Contrast his situation with Trub, who has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders, and Watson, who has a QB ruiner overseeing his development. Only situation that rivals Kizer's is Mahomes' one under Reid with no pressure to do anything except learn.

                              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                              #14

                              @tour2ma said:

                              I'm happy with the value we got in Kizer in the 2nd. Where will he ultimately fall in this draft class? Dunno... but I feel his odds are as good as any in a class you can throw a blanket over making "value" a matter of price paid. Best value in the class? Kelly... hard to beat "Mr. Irrelevant" value.

                              Situationally Kizer's is as good as any and better than most of the others in the class. Young QB on a developing team with a proven QB developer. Contrast his situation with Trub, who has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders, and Watson, who has a QB ruiner overseeing his development. Only situation that rivals Kizer's is Mahomes' one under Reid with no pressure to do anything except learn.

                              I know it is not really accurate to do this, but perhaps we could look at this past year's draft in the same light as the 2014 QB draft:

                              A DE is taken #1 overall.

                              Then a fairly touted QB goes 2d/3rd (Trubisky, Bortles)

                              Then down the line a couple of other QBs are taken in round 1: JMZ and Teddy Twatwater. One gets injured, one is a bust.

                              I see Watson as a sort of Bridgewater type QB (yea...both black...but also similar build/style). JMZ and Mahomes are nothing alike stylistically....but each had/has bust potential.

                              Then the best of the bunch comes from round 2: Derek Carr......and DeShon Kizer?????

                              One can only hope.

                              Like the Raiders Browns may have the Khalil Mack..if Garrett is all that. But what about their Amari Cooper?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                I'm not crazy about any of them, but DeShaun Watson is set up better than any other QB in the class to excel and succeed. He's going to a pretty damn good team with a coach who's made his living on developing QB talent. They like Tom Savage enough to start him 6+ weeks and let Watson come in (if he doesn't start week 1 which I think he will).

                                choco chocoC
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 352 Reputation
                                chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @jrb12711 said:

                                I'm not crazy about any of them, but DeShaun Watson is set up better than any other QB in the class to excel and succeed. He's going to a pretty damn good team with a coach who's made his living on developing QB talent. They like Tom Savage enough to start him 6+ weeks and let Watson come in (if he doesn't start week 1 which I think he will).

                                I'm trying to think of all the QBs BOB has developed. Can't think of one.

                                Who are you thinking?

                                Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • chocoC choco

                                  @jrb12711 said:

                                  I'm not crazy about any of them, but DeShaun Watson is set up better than any other QB in the class to excel and succeed. He's going to a pretty damn good team with a coach who's made his living on developing QB talent. They like Tom Savage enough to start him 6+ weeks and let Watson come in (if he doesn't start week 1 which I think he will).

                                  I'm trying to think of all the QBs BOB has developed. Can't think of one.

                                  Who are you thinking?

                                  Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @choco said:

                                  I'm trying to think of all the QBs BOB has developed. Can't think of one.

                                  Who are you thinking?

                                  ...Nor can I. I think the guy is right up there with ND's Brian Kelly as a QB whisperer........PFFFFFT!

                                  Mike

                                  IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                    I'm happy with the value we got in Kizer in the 2nd. Where will he ultimately fall in this draft class? Dunno... but I feel his odds are as good as any in a class you can throw a blanket over making "value" a matter of price paid. Best value in the class? Kelly... hard to beat "Mr. Irrelevant" value.

                                    Situationally Kizer's is as good as any and better than most of the others in the class. Young QB on a developing team with a proven QB developer. Contrast his situation with Trub, who has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders, and Watson, who has a QB ruiner overseeing his development. Only situation that rivals Kizer's is Mahomes' one under Reid with no pressure to do anything except learn.

                                    Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 7k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @tour2ma said:

                                    I'm happy with the value we got in Kizer in the 2nd. Where will he ultimately fall in this draft class? Dunno... but I feel his odds are as good as any in a class you can throw a blanket over making "value" a matter of price paid.

                                    I would agree with this 100%.......wasnt enamored with any of this years prospects and, compared to drafting one high, I think they took the right route with Kizer....a better value

                                    Had they selected ANY of these guys at the top of the first, I might have committed hari kari.....

                                    Also....late second round for one of the top prospects is way better than 3rd round for a projected UDFA.....so, a step in the right direction

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate