Skip to content

I'm Back

The Browns Board
30 9 957
  • Welcome back, Pops!

  • Welcome back, Pops!

    @nickers said:

    Welcome back, Pops!

    Do the Trivia, ya mopes.

  • @nickers said:

    Welcome back, Pops!

    Do the Trivia, ya mopes.

    @the-gipper said:

    Do the Trivia, ya mopes.

    We're on summer vacation....like the Indians. 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do the Trivia, ya mopes.

    We're on summer vacation....like the Indians. 😆

    @mjp28 said:

    We're on summer vacation....like the Indians. 😆

    You mean like Brain dead? Is that how they are playing?

  • So far, no one has gotten any of the trivia question correct. I wonder why?

    @the-gipper said:

    So far, no one has gotten any of the trivia question correct. I wonder why?

    Because it's gay.

  • After 10 days in New England....with all the Patriot pole smokers. Though....at the resort I stayed at in Rhode Island I struck up a conversation with the custodian there about football. He was a Jets fan. And of course he hated the Patriots. But one part of the conversation I could not abide: He said I should be all for the Pittsburgh Steelers because they were the only team that could take out the Patriots. I would have liked to dunk his head in the hot tub. I told him I will take the Patriots winning 10 more Super Bowls in a row rather than have the Steelers win one. Oh well, each to his own.

    Nevertheless....Oh, I didn't mention: this is a Trivia thread. Mostly about #1 overall draft picks, plus a couple of others. Here you go..starting with a question for Woody:

    1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

    2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

    Where is "White Tarkenton" on this list?

    3. Who are #s 1, 2, and 3 on that list?

    4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

    5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

    6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

    7. Which #1 overall pick rushed for the most yards in his career?

    8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

    9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

    (not including Myles Garrett who has not yet played in one)

    10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

    11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

    12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

    @ghoolie said:

    @the-gipper said:

    After 10 days in New England....with all the Patriot pole smokers. Though....at the resort I stayed at in Rhode Island I struck up a conversation with the custodian there about football. He was a Jets fan. And of course he hated the Patriots. But one part of the conversation I could not abide: He said I should be all for the Pittsburgh Steelers because they were the only team that could take out the Patriots. I would have liked to dunk his head in the hot tub. I told him I will take the Patriots winning 10 more Super Bowls in a row rather than have the Steelers win one. Oh well, each to his own.

    Nevertheless....Oh, I didn't mention: this is a Trivia thread. Mostly about #1 overall draft picks, plus a couple of others. Here you go..starting with a question for Woody:

    1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

    32 NO

    2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

    Where is "White Tarkenton" on this list?

    Tarkenton is a very successful businessman. I do not believe his net worth now exceedes that of John Elway. Funny, funny funny....but not responsive. I don't think the PFR CA measures net worth

    3. Who are #s 1, 2, and 3 on that list?

    4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

    Alabama, Ohio State, Grambling, Penn State and Iowa None of these are correct

    5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

    This one is easy................ Jim Brown Era player........................Paul Horngung NO

    6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

    7. Which #1 overall pick rushed for the most yards in his career?

    8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

    9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

    (not including Myles Garrett who has not yet played in one)

    10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

    11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

    12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

  • After 10 days in New England....with all the Patriot pole smokers. Though....at the resort I stayed at in Rhode Island I struck up a conversation with the custodian there about football. He was a Jets fan. And of course he hated the Patriots. But one part of the conversation I could not abide: He said I should be all for the Pittsburgh Steelers because they were the only team that could take out the Patriots. I would have liked to dunk his head in the hot tub. I told him I will take the Patriots winning 10 more Super Bowls in a row rather than have the Steelers win one. Oh well, each to his own.

    Nevertheless....Oh, I didn't mention: this is a Trivia thread. Mostly about #1 overall draft picks, plus a couple of others. Here you go..starting with a question for Woody:

    1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

    2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

    Where is "White Tarkenton" on this list?

    3. Who are #s 1, 2, and 3 on that list?

    4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

    5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

    6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

    7. Which #1 overall pick rushed for the most yards in his career?

    8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

    9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

    (not including Myles Garrett who has not yet played in one)

    10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

    11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

    12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

    Ok.....Ill give this a whirl.....

    @the-gipper said:

    1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

    81

    2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

    Where is "White Tarkenton" on this list?

    Hmmm.....I know AV favors long careers and have seen the list many times... just cant remember who is where...but, Ill guess that Tarkenton is top 20....

    3. Who are #s 1, 2, and 3 on that list?

    Another hmmm......Ima say Manning, Rice and Lewis.....

    4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

    Miami, USC, Oklahoma and Tennessee

    5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

    Tony Dorsett

    6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

    easy one here......Manning , Manning, Elway, Bradshaw

    7. Which #1 overall pick rushed for the most yards in his career?

    OJ

    8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

    Bruce Smith

    9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

    (not including Myles Garrett who has not yet played in one)

    Ernie Davis.....

    10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

    11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

    Texas is the only one I can come up with...think they've had a couple actually....

    12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady

  • A&M just had one Mudfly. I can't think of any others though.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Dude, it's not gay. You're gay. Or, in your case, you are both GAY and YAG

    That's pretty clever.

  • A&M just had one Mudfly. I can't think of any others though.

    @wargograw said:

    A&M just had one Mudfly. I can't think of any others though.

    Holy camoly!......that one went right past me.......and I was thinking they HAD to have one, but couldnt come up with a name.....

  • Ok.....Ill give this a whirl.....

    @the-gipper said:

    1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

    81

    2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

    Where is "White Tarkenton" on this list?

    Hmmm.....I know AV favors long careers and have seen the list many times... just cant remember who is where...but, Ill guess that Tarkenton is top 20....

    3. Who are #s 1, 2, and 3 on that list?

    Another hmmm......Ima say Manning, Rice and Lewis.....

    4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

    Miami, USC, Oklahoma and Tennessee

    5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

    Tony Dorsett

    6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

    easy one here......Manning , Manning, Elway, Bradshaw

    7. Which #1 overall pick rushed for the most yards in his career?

    OJ

    8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

    Bruce Smith

    9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

    (not including Myles Garrett who has not yet played in one)

    Ernie Davis.....

    10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

    11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

    Texas is the only one I can come up with...think they've had a couple actually....

    12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady

    @mudfly said:

    Ok.....Ill give this a whirl.....

    1. What uniform number has been worn by more Hall of Fame players than any other?

    81 NO

    2. Pro Football Reference has this statistic: Approximate Value. It is supposed to measure a players overall Career Production.

    Where is "White Tarkenton" on this list?

    Hmmm.....I know AV favors long careers and have seen the list many times... just cant remember who is where...but, Ill guess that Tarkenton is top 20....

    He is Top 20....but I will ask for something more specific.

    3. Who are #s 1, 2, and 3 on that list?

    Another hmmm......Ima say Manning, Rice and Lewis.....

    I assume you mean Peyton Manning (there are 2 other Mannings you know). Peyton and Rice are both right. Lewis is up there high, but not top 3.

    4. Which 5 colleges have had 4 or more players from those school taken with #1 overall draft pick?

    Miami, USC, Oklahoma and Tennessee Only USC is correct from your list.

    5. Which #1 overall draft pick scored the most TDs in his career...rushing or receiving?

    Tony Dorsett No (as Dorsett was not the #1 overall pick)

    6. Name the 4 #1 overall draft pick QBs who have won 100 or more games in their careers.

    easy one here......Manning , Manning, Elway, Bradshaw These are all correct...Check!

    7. Which #1 overall pick rushed for the most yards in his career?

    OJ Check

    8. Which #1 overall pick was chosen for the most First team All Pro teams? Hint: not a QB

    Bruce Smith Check

    9. Which 2 #1 overall picks never played in a professional football regular season game?

    (not including Myles Garrett who has not yet played in one)

    Ernie Davis..... He is one.

    10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a player chosen with the #1 overall pick. Name school and player.

    11. Name all the schools in Texas that have had a player chosen with the #1 overall draft pick.

    Texas is the only one I can come up with...think they've had a couple actually....Check on Texas...they have had 3. But hint: there are 5 other Texas schools.

    12. Two QBs are tied for making the most First Team All Pro teams in history with 7 each. Name these 2 QBs

    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Check on Peyton....but not Brady (he has only mad 2)

  • A&M just had one Mudfly. I can't think of any others though.

    @wargograw said:

    A&M just had one Mudfly. I can't think of any others though.

    A&M is one, Check

  • @wargograw said:

    A&M just had one Mudfly. I can't think of any others though.

    Holy camoly!......that one went right past me.......and I was thinking they HAD to have one, but couldnt come up with a name.....

    @mudfly said:

    Holy camoly!......that one went right past me.......and I was thinking they HAD to have one, but couldnt come up with a name.....

    To be fair, that was our first.

    Baylor, Tech, Rice, and TCU have all had them as well.

  • @mudfly said:

    Holy camoly!......that one went right past me.......and I was thinking they HAD to have one, but couldnt come up with a name.....

    To be fair, that was our first.

    Baylor, Tech, Rice, and TCU have all had them as well.

    @wargograw said:

    To be fair, that was our first.

    Baylor, Tech, Rice, and TCU have all had them as well.

    Baylor has NOT had a #1 overall, but Tech, Rice and TCU have. One other Texas school has had one.

    (RGII at #2 is highest Baylor draft pick)

  • Second Chance Saloon. Unanswered Questions.

    1. What uniform number has been worn by more HOF players than any other? Hint: I just fricking gave Woody the answer to this question about his butt buddy....but the Gomer apparently can't even read these questions.

    2. Where does "White Tarkenton" rank on the all time PFR Career Production list? (hint...the next question was a clue)

    3. Peyton and Rice are on the Top Three all time on that PFR Career Production ranking. What other player is in the Top three. (Hint: it is not White Tarkenton)

    4. Besides USC, what 4 other schools have had 4 or more players taken with the #1 overall pick of the NFL draft?

    5. Which #1 overall pick in the draft scored the most TDs in his career, rushing or receiving?

    9. Two #1 overall draft picks never played in an NFL regular season game. One was Ernie Davis (due to illness/death). Who was the other?

    10. What is the only Ivy League school to have a #1 overall draft pick? Name school and player.

    11. Six Texas schools have had a #1 overall pick chosen from those schools: Texas, Tex. A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, TCU. What is the other school?

    12. Two QBs are tied with making 7 first team All Pro teams. Peyton Manning is one, who is the other?

  • @wargograw said:

    To be fair, that was our first.

    Baylor, Tech, Rice, and TCU have all had them as well.

    Baylor has NOT had a #1 overall, but Tech, Rice and TCU have. One other Texas school has had one.

    (RGII at #2 is highest Baylor draft pick)

    @the-gipper said:

    Baylor has NOT had a #1 overall, but Tech, Rice and TCU have. One other Texas school has had one.

    (RGII at #2 is highest Baylor draft pick)

    Baylor did have one. Lawrence Elkins in 65. The other is SMU.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Baylor has NOT had a #1 overall, but Tech, Rice and TCU have. One other Texas school has had one.

    (RGII at #2 is highest Baylor draft pick)

    Baylor did have one. Lawrence Elkins in 65. The other is SMU.

    @wargograw said:

    Baylor did have one. Lawrence Elkins in 65. The other is SMU.

    No. Elkins was only a #2 overall pick....of the AFL draft. Joe Namath was #1. In the NFL draft that year, Tucker Frederickson was #1 overall. Elkins was #10 overall. So, no on that.

    But SMU is the right answer otherwise.

  • Interesting. Guess this site is wrong.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/alltimeno1

  • Interesting. Guess this site is wrong.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/alltimeno1

    @wargograw said:

    Interesting. Guess this site is wrong.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/alltimeno1

    Yea, I think it is. Everywhere else I looked had Joe Namath as #1 overall pick...including my own memory of the situation. I was 13...but I remember the signing of Namath by the AFL as a big, big deal.

  • @wargograw said:

    Interesting. Guess this site is wrong.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/alltimeno1

    Yea, I think it is. Everywhere else I looked had Joe Namath as #1 overall pick...including my own memory of the situation. I was 13...but I remember the signing of Namath by the AFL as a big, big deal.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, I think it is. Everywhere else I looked had Joe Namath as #1 overall pick...including my own memory of the situation. I was 13...but I remember the signing of Namath by the AFL as a big, big deal.

    Big x big, Namath was one of the best ever but bad knees followed him from college.

    Remember too the SB champs got beat in Cleveland on MNF GAME #1.