Skip to content

Garrett suffers injury according to mary Kay

The Browns Board
144 32 4.8k
  • and the occasional gerbil. 😎

    @miktoxic said:

    and the occasional gerbil. 😎

    Lol!
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Yes. I've seen that type of injury in non contact sports as well, namely soccer and cross country.

    Great? I'll PM Pele & Caitlin Jenner. 😉 I'll re-phase the question. How does he maintain his football preparation for camp with a boot on? boot maybe off in 2 weeks running in 3? longer? your non-doctor guess would be?

    @gumby73 said:

    Great? I'll PM Pele & Caitlin Jenner. 😉 I'll re-phase the question. How does he maintain his football preparation for camp with a boot on? boot maybe off in 2 weeks running in 3? longer? your non-doctor guess would be?

    Usually 2-3 immobile and hitting up the anti inflammatories. Then depending on pain work to slowly stretch and strengthen ligaments. NFL teams have elite facilities for rehabbing injuries so I'm sure while Myles is walking and jogging he'll have a protective shoe. I'm positive they've scanned his feet to determine if he needs custom inserts for his soles. You'd be surprised how far they go towards relieving pain in the foot and ultimately through the knee.

  • A few months back I said something along the lines of him getting hurt and the ONLY person who didn't say I was dumb for thinking that was the guy you all hate. I was not trying to jinx or wanting Myles or anybody ever to get hurt I was only saying "what if" Seems to me every time we have a "big draft pick" they either get hurt or just suck. The way i see ii since we had so much cap space we should of went all in in free agency, get some teammates that have chemistry then worry about draft. I want some wins soon and not want to draft players that will take 3 years to get their shit straight just in time to leave the land.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I won't be convinced he's ok til I see him get through camp without a limp.

    Id be curious what you would say if Trubs went down with a sprained ankle?.....just one of those things?.....or bad pick?

    Myles ankle injury cannot be an "I told you so moment", unless of course you predicted it......and, if memory serves me, you are the one who was just saying he had a broken foot or needed surgery....correct?....

    Its a sprain guys......and NOT a high sprain, which is what he suffered in college.....AND STILL played well enough to be the consensus #1 pick......which, to me, just shows he's tough and driven....cause he played through it(at a high level)......while most would be sitting.....

    @mudfly said:

    Id be curious what you would say if Trubs went down with a sprained ankle?.....just one of those things?.....or bad pick?

    Myles ankle injury cannot be an "I told you so moment", unless of course you predicted it......and, if memory serves me, you are the one who was just saying he had a broken foot or needed surgery....correct?....

    Its a sprain guys......and NOT a high sprain, which is what he suffered in college.....AND STILL played well enough to be the consensus #1 pick......which, to me, just shows he's tough and driven....cause he played through it(at a high level)......while most would be sitting.....

    I think you are severely underplaying this Mud. It is obvious he had a pre-existing condition (vaginitis) that has turned into cervical cancer and will cause him to collect his guaranteed 30+Mil$ without ever playing one regular season game. 😉

  • A few months back I said something along the lines of him getting hurt and the ONLY person who didn't say I was dumb for thinking that was the guy you all hate. I was not trying to jinx or wanting Myles or anybody ever to get hurt I was only saying "what if" Seems to me every time we have a "big draft pick" they either get hurt or just suck. The way i see ii since we had so much cap space we should of went all in in free agency, get some teammates that have chemistry then worry about draft. I want some wins soon and not want to draft players that will take 3 years to get their shit straight just in time to leave the land.

    @medicineman said:

    A few months back I said something along the lines of him getting hurt and the ONLY person who didn't say I was dumb for thinking that was the guy you all hate. I was not trying to jinx or wanting Myles or anybody ever to get hurt I was only saying...

    Well, now that he's hurt, Heal Him Up! Or are you not a real medicine man?

  • All joking aside, I am concerned that this injury will be a pretty large setback. I'm concerned he will come into camp in 'less than ideal football shape' after resting his foot the many weeks leading up to camp. Then he'll miss reps - and maybe even a preseason game or two, while needing to be eased into a full workload, and so on ......

    None of that is good for a 1-15 team that desperately needs their #1 overall pick to contend for rookie of the year.

  • @ghoolie said:

    You have to take your blinders off, check your homo-homie, rah-rah-rah bullshit at the door and let facts, common sense and reality guide your thinking with regards to the Browns latest draft fiasco Myles Garrett.

    People, there is not rookie of the year award waiting for this kid, only a boot for his fragile left foot.

    • He missed games in college because of his left foot
    • He couldn't practice because he injured his left foot.
    • He is an outside rusher, and nothing more...the elite NFL tackles will neutralize him, even if he ever does get to 100% (which is days gone bye) Alabama's LT shit Garrett down like he was a bitch.
    • Twice injured on the same foot. THe NFL DCs will devise schemes to let him fly full speed and then block him low before he gets to the QB. Make no mistake, he's gonna get fucked up, early in the year.

    But but but............. here we go again............ Flugel guaranteed us that Winslow's microfracture surgery would return him to 100% and the HOF. Likewise, I was called nuts for saying RG3 would not last 3 games.

    Garrett is a crippled man walking. Bad pick. Another waste of a #1 #1

    I'm not the one that makes all the guarantees. Never said any such thing about Winslow's injury or HOF - pure 100% bullshit from you again. You guaranteed Paxton Lynch was the best QB in last year's draft and he got beat out by a 2nd year 7th round QB from Northwestern. You guaranteed Mo Clarett was the next Jim Brown and he never gained a single yard. You guaranteed Joe Thomas would suck while I count 10 Pro Bowls in 10 seasons. You guaranteed Sumo Wrestlers would be starting on offensive lines while we still waiting on that.

    To this day, you're the only one that has ever had to beg Atenears to ask Zombo to let him post. And all you do with it is recycle your same trash daily in here. It's no wonder your #1 fan is Stink... Makes perfect sense. He doesn't root for the Browns either.

  • As it stands right now, it appears as if Garrett and the Browns received a tremendous present before training camp. Foot injuries can often take months to heal, and similar to the hand, feet have multiple little bones that can easily break when giant men are running around next to other giant men. The biggest difference between the hands and feet are that feet obviously carry the immense bulk of these players, and structural issues to longer to heal because you have to keep weight off of the injury in some cases.

    The biggest problem with something like this is that it can linger. If it's a soft tissue injury, which is sounds like it is, it can take forever to completely heal. Garrett will be pressing to get back into the mix, and the likelihood of the injury being 100% healed is doubtful due to the rigors of camp. However, Garrett is young, and young people tend to recover quickly. It's not a break, and it doesn't require surgery, so I think we should be happy. It'd be a tremendous blow to our team and our team's mental makeup if Garrett suffered a serious injury.

    Another problem this injury causes is Garrett will likely be out of shape for the start of training camp, and I read reports that he was winded before getting hurt. He'll have to work hard to get his wind back and his stamina to a place our coaches are happy with. However, this is all stuff that he can work on once he feels better, and the fact that he doesn't need surgery makes me so happy. I was literally waiting for the "Lisfranc injury update" to pop onto my phone. He's going to be alright guys.

  • As it stands right now, it appears as if Garrett and the Browns received a tremendous present before training camp. Foot injuries can often take months to heal, and similar to the hand, feet have multiple little bones that can easily break when giant men are running around next to other giant men. The biggest difference between the hands and feet are that feet obviously carry the immense bulk of these players, and structural issues to longer to heal because you have to keep weight off of the injury in some cases.

    The biggest problem with something like this is that it can linger. If it's a soft tissue injury, which is sounds like it is, it can take forever to completely heal. Garrett will be pressing to get back into the mix, and the likelihood of the injury being 100% healed is doubtful due to the rigors of camp. However, Garrett is young, and young people tend to recover quickly. It's not a break, and it doesn't require surgery, so I think we should be happy. It'd be a tremendous blow to our team and our team's mental makeup if Garrett suffered a serious injury.

    Another problem this injury causes is Garrett will likely be out of shape for the start of training camp, and I read reports that he was winded before getting hurt. He'll have to work hard to get his wind back and his stamina to a place our coaches are happy with. However, this is all stuff that he can work on once he feels better, and the fact that he doesn't need surgery makes me so happy. I was literally waiting for the "Lisfranc injury update" to pop onto my phone. He's going to be alright guys.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    As it stands right now, it appears as if Garrett and the Browns received a tremendous present before training camp. Foot injuries can often take months to heal, and similar to the hand, feet have multiple little bones that can easily break when giant men are running around next to other giant men. The biggest difference between the hands and feet are that feet obviously carry the immense bulk of these players, and structural issues to longer to heal because you have to keep weight off of the injury in some cases.

    The biggest problem with something like this is that it can linger. If it's a soft tissue injury, which is sounds like it is, it can take forever to completely heal. Garrett will be pressing to get back into the mix, and the likelihood of the injury being 100% healed is doubtful due to the rigors of camp. However, Garrett is young, and young people tend to recover quickly. It's not a break, and it doesn't require surgery, so I think we should be happy. It'd be a tremendous blow to our team and our team's mental makeup if Garrett suffered a serious injury.

    Another problem this injury causes is Garrett will likely be out of shape for the start of training camp, and I read reports that he was winded before getting hurt. He'll have to work hard to get his wind back and his stamina to a place our coaches are happy with. However, this is all stuff that he can work on once he feels better, and the fact that he doesn't need surgery makes me so happy. I was literally waiting for the "Lisfranc injury update" to pop onto my phone. He's going to be alright guys.

    My medical curiosity was piqued, and I did some research on exactly what a "lateral foot sprain" is. Couldn't find anything for a foot injury with that specific name. Plenty of mid-foot injury literature though. I'll assume that's what he has. This image is the closest I could come to- it's the ligament on the outside of your foot. Since they put him in a boot, it's probably a Grade 2 tear, with some ligament damage. A Grade 3 would have meant surgery. Since he wasn't on crutches- he was allowed some weight bearing on that foot- which is a good sign. 4-6 weeks sounds about right. But he will be set back when camp starts, because I doubt he's going to be able to do much running beforehand, and certainly not any explosive speed work pushing off on that foot.

    IMG_0066.jpg

  • @ghoolie said:

    Good grief.

    Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.

    Tom, remains to be seen if he's "injury prone". I'll let you stick that tag on him with one more that keeps him out of "real" games come September. OK, it's the same leg- I had to check that out. FWIW, those two injuries are unrelated. The high ankle sprain he had at A&M is nowhere near that lateral ligament in his foot.

  • Well all the speculation in the world means nothing. I think this is certainly something worth worrying about But if hes 100% by training camp we can all eat our concerns.

    If not this is a potentially devastating blow to the organization. At the very least someone high above our pay grade didn't do his homework.

    WSS

  • @ghoolie said:

    Good grief.

    Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.

    Outta shape...oh good good you are gold!

    You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    As it stands right now, it appears as if Garrett and the Browns received a tremendous present before training camp. Foot injuries can often take months to heal, and similar to the hand, feet have multiple little bones that can easily break when giant men are running around next to other giant men. The biggest difference between the hands and feet are that feet obviously carry the immense bulk of these players, and structural issues to longer to heal because you have to keep weight off of the injury in some cases.

    The biggest problem with something like this is that it can linger. If it's a soft tissue injury, which is sounds like it is, it can take forever to completely heal. Garrett will be pressing to get back into the mix, and the likelihood of the injury being 100% healed is doubtful due to the rigors of camp. However, Garrett is young, and young people tend to recover quickly. It's not a break, and it doesn't require surgery, so I think we should be happy. It'd be a tremendous blow to our team and our team's mental makeup if Garrett suffered a serious injury.

    Another problem this injury causes is Garrett will likely be out of shape for the start of training camp, and I read reports that he was winded before getting hurt. He'll have to work hard to get his wind back and his stamina to a place our coaches are happy with. However, this is all stuff that he can work on once he feels better, and the fact that he doesn't need surgery makes me so happy. I was literally waiting for the "Lisfranc injury update" to pop onto my phone. He's going to be alright guys.

    My medical curiosity was piqued, and I did some research on exactly what a "lateral foot sprain" is. Couldn't find anything for a foot injury with that specific name. Plenty of mid-foot injury literature though. I'll assume that's what he has. This image is the closest I could come to- it's the ligament on the outside of your foot. Since they put him in a boot, it's probably a Grade 2 tear, with some ligament damage. A Grade 3 would have meant surgery. Since he wasn't on crutches- he was allowed some weight bearing on that foot- which is a good sign. 4-6 weeks sounds about right. But he will be set back when camp starts, because I doubt he's going to be able to do much running beforehand, and certainly not any explosive speed work pushing off on that foot.

    IMG_0066.jpg

    @hoorta said:

    My medical curiosity was piqued, and I did some research on exactly what a "lateral foot sprain" is. Couldn't find anything for a foot injury with that specific name. Plenty of mid-foot injury literature though. I'll assume that's what he has. This image is the closest I could come to- it's the ligament on the outside of your foot. Since they put him in a boot, it's probably a Grade 2 tear, with some ligament damage. A Grade 3 would have meant surgery. Since he wasn't on crutches- he was allowed some weight bearing on that foot- which is a good sign. 4-6 weeks sounds about right. But he will be set back when camp starts, because I doubt he's going to be able to do much running beforehand, and certainly not any explosive speed work pushing off on that foot.

    IMG_0066.jpg

    That's good stuff, Hoorta. I'd say you're pretty spot on with it being a grade 2, and there's also the possibility it's less than that. Keep in mind this is a very young man in the peak of physical fitness, so I don't anticipate it being a lengthy recovery time. Don't be shocked to read "Garrett running full speed" in just a couple of weeks. It sounds like he stepped on somebody's foot, and those things happens. The great news is there isn't a break, and he's likely to be back for training camp. We've all heard time and time again how important training camp is for rookies, so even if he's a partial attendant at the beginning, he'll be getting the information he needs. I really don't think this is a big deal, and I'll proceed as such until proven otherwise.

    Like we've said, the biggest issue with Garrett's injury will be his lack of cardiovascular training, but again, this guy is young and that's going to come back very quickly (assuming he STAYS healthy). In my twisted mind, he'll be running full speed in a month, tops. Four weeks of rest and therapy on a young man in that kind of shape is a very long time. Heck, even if he takes the entire 6 weeks to recover, it's no big deal. At this time, I can't help but think this is great news. Obviously NOT that he sustained an injury, but the fact that he didn't require surgery. Can you just IMAGINE what would happen if we lost our #1 pick for the season in June? The snowball effect on our team would be devastating. Realizing that, I am officially stoked and can breathe a great sigh of relief.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Good grief.

    Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.

    Outta shape...oh good good you are gold!

    You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?

    @choco said:

    You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?

    The only way he's seen it in decades (complete with magnifying mirror) ............

    Duhoolie_zpskt2ouve3.jpg

  • @ghoolie said:

    Good grief.

    Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.

    Outta shape...oh good good you are gold!

    You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?

    @choco said:

    Outta shape...oh good good you are gold!

    You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?

    Probably last time it was in your mouth you fucking faggot.

  • @ghoolie said:

    I saw part of it in your mother's cunt.

    Which part?

  • @ghoolie said:

    At this point in time, the buzz around the NFL is that Garrett is fragile. The Browns fucked up not taking Trubisky, but they really fucked up taking this turkey. COuld have had Bosa if an edge rushe is what they wanted. Bosa is a far, far more talented player than this Cowboy wannabe.

    OK....but that is spilt milk. We don't have a Hot Tub Time Machine to go back and change things...in either instance. So lets just see if the Browns can make the most of it.

  • Lets be clear...the board isnt dead because it's the off season.....the board is dead because the Browns suck rocks and barely anyone thinks this year will be any different....no excitement...no buzz......just silence.....

    Look.....if the Browns were on the verge of anything(other than a 3-12 season) then people would be lined up talking about the great acquisitions and draft picks and how this team is about to explode....but, in truth, that group has about 7 people in it....

    yeah, they'll be a little better this year....but, when you're 1-15, a little better means nothing......and ANYBODY could improve over 1-15......you'd think....

    Sorry.....but the way I see it, there is very little to talk about or get excited for.......and the board reflects that.....

  • Well, we could talk about mountain biking.... and before some of you say "who cares about MTBing" I'll just leave you with Emily Batty, one of the best women riders on the planet: (your welcome)

    M_zpsq85lwncw.jpg

    emily-batty-4_zpshj7use5v.jpg

    DCw8xdQVoAA3MZ1_zps9prujiuy.jpg

  • Well, we could talk about mountain biking.... and before some of you say "who cares about MTBing" I'll just leave you with Emily Batty, one of the best women riders on the planet: (your welcome)

    M_zpsq85lwncw.jpg

    emily-batty-4_zpshj7use5v.jpg

    DCw8xdQVoAA3MZ1_zps9prujiuy.jpg

    @d-bone said:

    Well, we could talk about mountain biking.... and before some of you say "who cares about MTBing" I'll just leave you with Emily Batty, one of the best women riders on the planet: (your welcome)

    M_zpsq85lwncw.jpg

    emily-batty-4_zpshj7use5v.jpg

    DCw8xdQVoAA3MZ1_zps9prujiuy.jpg

    Queen did write some great Bicycle Songs..It worked