Skip to content

2017 OHIO STATE Football Schedule, how far do they go?

College Football Forum
150 9 6.0k
  • @mld-woody said:

    We have a pretty good size body of work to tell us how good of a coach Harbaugh is

    I'm not saying Meyer is doing all of that at OSU. Just that it was happening under him and by him at UF

    Some good or great coaches can be best measured by how they do in "off" or younger class rebuilding years.

    I personally felt Harbaugh was good early on on getting The Game back on track especially being a former m QB. Now is it time for that signature win versus a quality OSU coach and team? Isn't it more interesting without any JCoops or LLLLLLoyds?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mjp28 said:

    Some good or great coaches can be best measured by how they do in "off" or younger class rebuilding years.

    I personally felt Harbaugh was good early on on getting The Game back on track especially being a former m QB. Now is it time for that signature win versus a quality OSU coach and team? Isn't it more interesting without any JCoops or LLLLLLoyds?

    Well considering how close he came last year, in Columbus, to the point some would say he might have actually won... I'd say he's ahead of schedule

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Sigh

    I see me saying anything negative about Meyer was too much for you.

    You even took the classic tactic of "throw so much shit at the wall i have to look right!"

    I wasn't knocking MSU for these issues. At least they did something. I'm saying it is a reason why they won't have a bounce back year.

    But as soon as it went OSU/Michigan i should have known you'd fly off

  • Sigh

    I see me saying anything negative about Meyer was too much for you.

    You even took the classic tactic of "throw so much shit at the wall i have to look right!"

    I wasn't knocking MSU for these issues. At least they did something. I'm saying it is a reason why they won't have a bounce back year.

    But as soon as it went OSU/Michigan i should have known you'd fly off

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @mld-woody said:

    Sigh

    I see me saying anything negative about Meyer was too much for you.

    You even took the classic tactic of "throw so much shit at the wall i have to look right!"

    I wasn't knocking MSU for these issues. At least they did something. I'm saying it is a reason why they won't have a bounce back year.

    But as soon as it went OSU/Michigan i should have known you'd fly off

    You reap what you sow.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Some good or great coaches can be best measured by how they do in "off" or younger class rebuilding years.

    I personally felt Harbaugh was good early on on getting The Game back on track especially being a former m QB. Now is it time for that signature win versus a quality OSU coach and team? Isn't it more interesting without any JCoops or LLLLLLoyds?

    Well considering how close he came last year, in Columbus, to the point some would say he might have actually won... I'd say he's ahead of schedule

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @mld-woody said:

    Well considering how close he came last year, in Columbus, to the point some would say he might have actually won... I'd say he's ahead of schedule

    Oh yeah the rivalry is back, brisk discussions and we haven't played 2017 game 1 yet.

    I still would feel more confident as a Buckeye fan than any state of Michigan team fan going forward but that's why they play the game.

    #1 OSU vs #2 m always had a nice ring to it let's hope both can come through.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Sigh

    I see me saying anything negative about Meyer was too much for you.

    You even took the classic tactic of "throw so much shit at the wall i have to look right!"

    I wasn't knocking MSU for these issues. At least they did something. I'm saying it is a reason why they won't have a bounce back year.

    But as soon as it went OSU/Michigan i should have known you'd fly off

    You reap what you sow.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    You reap what you sow.

    You're right. It really is my fault for expecting too much from you.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You reap what you sow.

    You're right. It really is my fault for expecting too much from you.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @mld-woody said:

    You're right. It really is my fault for expecting too much from you.

    What you should expect from me is that I will not let you get away with your little fucking Retarded insinuations and childish behavior....and your knob slobbering over your stupid little team. We always expect you to be a little nudge....

    So..we get exacty what we expect.

    Your Michigan programs have been far the bigger sewer hole of criminality and corruption than anything Ohio State has ever been....and they have been the much shittier football program as well.

    So...there are your facts. Choke on them.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #45

    You define facts like some of our friends on the political board...

  • @wargograw said:

    Cool trolling. Of course it's not the same for A&M.

    Why not? No faith in them?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    Why not? No faith in them?

    I don't know. Ask the media why 5-7 teams get put into preseason top 25s.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #47

    To generate "big match ups" earl

    To create an SEC safety net

  • You define facts like some of our friends on the political board...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @mld-woody said:

    You define facts like some of our friends on the political board...

    I don't define them, I only relate them. Sorry if you can't handle them.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why not? No faith in them?

    I don't know. Ask the media why 5-7 teams get put into preseason top 25s.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @wargograw said:

    I don't know. Ask the media why 5-7 teams get put into preseason top 25s.

    5-7 Teams? We were only talking about 2 teams, weren't we? : Texas and Texas A&M.

    Only one of them is in the preseason top 25, and one is not.

    My simple question to you was: Why? Why was one in and the other not? You are much closer to the situation than I, so you explain it to us.

  • To generate "big match ups" earl

    To create an SEC safety net

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #50

    @mld-woody said:

    To generate "big match ups" earl

    To create an SEC safety net

    So beating Texas at the end of last year mattered even though they were 5-7....because they started in the preseason top 25? Okie dokie. You're trolling even worse than Gipper with this post.

    EDIT: Nevermind, you probably read it the same way Gipper did. Texas went 5-7 last year.

  • @wargograw said:

    I don't know. Ask the media why 5-7 teams get put into preseason top 25s.

    5-7 Teams? We were only talking about 2 teams, weren't we? : Texas and Texas A&M.

    Only one of them is in the preseason top 25, and one is not.

    My simple question to you was: Why? Why was one in and the other not? You are much closer to the situation than I, so you explain it to us.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #51

    @the-gipper said:

    5-7 Teams? We were only talking about 2 teams, weren't we? : Texas and Texas A&M.

    Only one of them is in the preseason top 25, and one is not.

    My simple question to you was: Why? Why was one in and the other not? You are much closer to the situation than I, so you explain it to us.

    A team that was 5-7 last year. That would be Texas.

    And I already answered this in my first post on this thread. "It is written in stone somewhere that they must be in every preseason top 25." It was a joke (although the latter part is true). I'm not trying to write a Master's thesis on it. Lighten up.

  • @mld-woody said:

    To generate "big match ups" earl

    To create an SEC safety net

    So beating Texas at the end of last year mattered even though they were 5-7....because they started in the preseason top 25? Okie dokie. You're trolling even worse than Gipper with this post.

    EDIT: Nevermind, you probably read it the same way Gipper did. Texas went 5-7 last year.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @wargograw said:

    So beating Texas at the end of last year mattered even though they were 5-7....because they started in the preseason top 25? Okie dokie. You're trolling even worse than Gipper with this post.

    EDIT: Nevermind, you probably read it the same way Gipper did. Texas went 5-7 last year.

    I know you're contractually obligated to love everything SEC now, but in the past those preseason ratings were used to protect the SEC. If every team is ranked every win is a good win and every loss is still a good loss. I've been I've it before. Thats why i would want no ratings at all until mid season. Luckily the sec is falling off and people are starting to see it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    5-7 Teams? We were only talking about 2 teams, weren't we? : Texas and Texas A&M.

    Only one of them is in the preseason top 25, and one is not.

    My simple question to you was: Why? Why was one in and the other not? You are much closer to the situation than I, so you explain it to us.

    A team that was 5-7 last year. That would be Texas.

    And I already answered this in my first post on this thread. "It is written in stone somewhere that they must be in every preseason top 25." It was a joke (although the latter part is true). I'm not trying to write a Master's thesis on it. Lighten up.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @wargograw said:

    A team that was 5-7 last year. That would be Texas.

    And I already answered this in my first post on this thread. "It is written in stone somewhere that they must be in every preseason top 25." It was a joke (although the latter part is true). I'm not trying to write a Master's thesis on it. Lighten up.

    Doh! OK, now I see. Sorry. Texas was 5-7.

    OK, so, you think that a 5-7 Texas team should not be ranked in the Top 25. But apparently those who do the ranking think there must me something there. I do not believe that the national poll voters have any prediliction toward ranking Texas that you apparently think they do.

    So...beyond your prejudice against them....why are they ranked?

    And why is TAMU not ranked.

    Again, you are closer to the situation than I...but please try to provide an unbiased explanation.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #54

    That ranking must have a lot to do with Herman, who is a very good coach.

  • @wargograw said:

    So beating Texas at the end of last year mattered even though they were 5-7....because they started in the preseason top 25? Okie dokie. You're trolling even worse than Gipper with this post.

    EDIT: Nevermind, you probably read it the same way Gipper did. Texas went 5-7 last year.

    I know you're contractually obligated to love everything SEC now, but in the past those preseason ratings were used to protect the SEC. If every team is ranked every win is a good win and every loss is still a good loss. I've been I've it before. Thats why i would want no ratings at all until mid season. Luckily the sec is falling off and people are starting to see it.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @mld-woody said:

    I know you're contractually obligated to love everything SEC now, but in the past those preseason ratings were used to protect the SEC. If every team is ranked every win is a good win and every loss is still a good loss. I've been I've it before. Thats why i would want no ratings at all until mid season. Luckily the sec is falling off and people are starting to see it.

    What does this have to do with the point I'm making? Stop trolling.

  • @wargograw said:

    A team that was 5-7 last year. That would be Texas.

    And I already answered this in my first post on this thread. "It is written in stone somewhere that they must be in every preseason top 25." It was a joke (although the latter part is true). I'm not trying to write a Master's thesis on it. Lighten up.

    Doh! OK, now I see. Sorry. Texas was 5-7.

    OK, so, you think that a 5-7 Texas team should not be ranked in the Top 25. But apparently those who do the ranking think there must me something there. I do not believe that the national poll voters have any prediliction toward ranking Texas that you apparently think they do.

    So...beyond your prejudice against them....why are they ranked?

    And why is TAMU not ranked.

    Again, you are closer to the situation than I...but please try to provide an unbiased explanation.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @the-gipper said:

    Doh! OK, now I see. Sorry. Texas was 5-7.

    OK, so, you think that a 5-7 Texas team should not be ranked in the Top 25. But apparently those who do the ranking think there must me something there. I do not believe that the national poll voters have any prediliction toward ranking Texas that you apparently think they do.

    So...beyond your prejudice against them....why are they ranked?

    And why is TAMU not ranked.

    Again, you are closer to the situation than I...but please try to provide an unbiased explanation.

    Because A&M has not finished in the top 25 for three straight seasons and this is a rebuilding year. No reason to put them there. With Texas, it's inexplicable. No matter how bad they suck or how little they return, people will rank them in the preseason. And by "people," I mean about 80% of preseason rankings.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Doh! OK, now I see. Sorry. Texas was 5-7.

    OK, so, you think that a 5-7 Texas team should not be ranked in the Top 25. But apparently those who do the ranking think there must me something there. I do not believe that the national poll voters have any prediliction toward ranking Texas that you apparently think they do.

    So...beyond your prejudice against them....why are they ranked?

    And why is TAMU not ranked.

    Again, you are closer to the situation than I...but please try to provide an unbiased explanation.

    Because A&M has not finished in the top 25 for three straight seasons and this is a rebuilding year. No reason to put them there. With Texas, it's inexplicable. No matter how bad they suck or how little they return, people will rank them in the preseason. And by "people," I mean about 80% of preseason rankings.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @wargograw said:

    Because A&M has not finished in the top 25 for three straight seasons and this is a rebuilding year. No reason to put them there. With Texas, it's inexplicable. No matter how bad they suck or how little they return, people will rank them in the preseason. And by "people," I mean about 80% of preseason rankings.

    Sounds like A&M has a JFF hangover that has gone on a long time....about as long as the one's the Browns are suffering from.

    Let's hope Garrett is the cure for that for the Browns....can't tell you what would cure it for TAMU.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #58

    A&M had a bad string of QBs transferring