Skip to content

2017 OHIO STATE Football Schedule, how far do they go?

College Football Forum
150 9 6.0k
  • Wait wait... You put Cincy and AF as questionable wins? What? Are you following college football at all?

    As of right now Michigan is favored by 85% or more in 8 of their games. The remaining 4 are between 45% and 55% (toss ups).

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @mld-woody said:

    Wait wait... You put Cincy and AF as questionable wins? What? Are you following college football at all?

    As of right now Michigan is favored by 85% or more in 8 of their games. The remaining 4 are between 45% and 55% (toss ups).

    @mld-woody said:

    Wait wait... You put Cincy and AF as questionable wins? What? Are you following college football at all?

    As of right now Michigan is favored by 85% or more in 8 of their games. The remaining 4 are between 45% and 55% (toss ups).

    Yes I follow college football a lot but at 2:23 am I didn't look up Cincinnati, they are #90 on the FPI preseason rankings go ahead and put that game as a lead pipe cinch W if you want.

    And yes "m" should go to a bowl game. Personally I think they might be better than expected close to but not a top 10 team maybe 2 or 3 losses due to the B10 not being as dominant this year.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #69

    9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

  • 9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @mld-woody said:

    9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

    Early games can be scary especially on teams with turnover sometimes takes a few games to get the roster set.....but some lose early and go on and win a national championship like THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES! 🙂

  • 9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @mld-woody said:

    9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

    I see only 7 for sure.....and I am giving you one that you may pull out that you will be underdogs in. So that is the 8.

    Florida, by the way, from what I hear, may be loaded. So if you em does pull that one out, it would be a big bonus.

  • @mld-woody said:

    9 sounds right. We'll learn a lot opening against UF

    I see only 7 for sure.....and I am giving you one that you may pull out that you will be underdogs in. So that is the 8.

    Florida, by the way, from what I hear, may be loaded. So if you em does pull that one out, it would be a big bonus.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @the-gipper said:

    I see only 7 for sure.....and I am giving you one that you may pull out that you will be underdogs in. So that is the 8.

    Florida, by the way, from what I hear, may be loaded. So if you em does pull that one out, it would be a big bonus.

    ... I already told you we're heavily favorited in 8 games.

    Or is this the Gipper School of Favorites where being Michigan just automatically loses you 14 points a game...?

    This really isn't an opinion to be debated. 8 of the games we're favorites in. You can debate some with the last 4, but not with those 8.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Hopefully OSU can steal a few games where they're the underdog. I think they might take one from Army. They could get the upset against UNLV too.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I see only 7 for sure.....and I am giving you one that you may pull out that you will be underdogs in. So that is the 8.

    Florida, by the way, from what I hear, may be loaded. So if you em does pull that one out, it would be a big bonus.

    ... I already told you we're heavily favorited in 8 games.

    Or is this the Gipper School of Favorites where being Michigan just automatically loses you 14 points a game...?

    This really isn't an opinion to be debated. 8 of the games we're favorites in. You can debate some with the last 4, but not with those 8.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #74

    @mld-woody said:

    ... I already told you we're heavily favorited in 8 games.

    Or is this the Gipper School of Favorites where being Michigan just automatically loses you 14 points a game...?

    This really isn't an opinion to be debated. 8 of the games we're favorites in. You can debate some with the last 4, but not with those 8.

    I don't debate facts...when I see facts. You need to prove your facts. What are these 8 games? I see only 7 in which UM would be "heavily favored".

    It certainly does not apply to Florida, Michigan St. Penn St. Wisconsin, or Ohio State. That leaves 7 on your schedule.

    The only thing I can think of is that you have UM "heavily favored" over Michigan St. But I don't see why that would be the case. Slightly favored at best.

    So.....prove it. Show us/give us links to authoritative betting lines that "heavily" favor you in 8 games.

  • Hopefully OSU can steal a few games where they're the underdog. I think they might take one from Army. They could get the upset against UNLV too.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @mld-woody said:

    Hopefully OSU can steal a few games where they're the underdog. I think they might take one from Army. They could get the upset against UNLV too.

    UM and OSU have about the same 'difficulty" in terms of non-conf. schedule.

    And while I have not seen any lines, is there any game on their schedule that OSU is not favored in?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #76

    I said they're the underdog. Clearly that's all that matters. They might prove Vegas wrong and beat Maryland too. We'll see

  • @mld-woody said:

    ... I already told you we're heavily favorited in 8 games.

    Or is this the Gipper School of Favorites where being Michigan just automatically loses you 14 points a game...?

    This really isn't an opinion to be debated. 8 of the games we're favorites in. You can debate some with the last 4, but not with those 8.

    I don't debate facts...when I see facts. You need to prove your facts. What are these 8 games? I see only 7 in which UM would be "heavily favored".

    It certainly does not apply to Florida, Michigan St. Penn St. Wisconsin, or Ohio State. That leaves 7 on your schedule.

    The only thing I can think of is that you have UM "heavily favored" over Michigan St. But I don't see why that would be the case. Slightly favored at best.

    So.....prove it. Show us/give us links to authoritative betting lines that "heavily" favor you in 8 games.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't debate facts...when I see facts. You need to prove your facts. What are these 8 games? I see only 7 in which UM would be "heavily favored".

    It certainly does not apply to Florida, Michigan St. Penn St. Wisconsin, or Ohio State. That leaves 7 on your schedule.

    The only thing I can think of is that you have UM "heavily favored" over Michigan St. But I don't see why that would be the case. Slightly favored at best.

    So.....prove it. Show us/give us links to authoritative betting lines that "heavily" favor you in 8 games.

    Michigan State?!?! Seriously?

    Do you watch College football at all? Follow it at all?

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935372

    Definitely a toss up

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Note: I was checking some odds. At this point you can't find them for every game, just for some of the big games and for the first week or so. Here is what I found:

    OSU 20-21 pt favorite over Indiana

    OSU 8 pt. favorite over Oklahoma

    OSU 8.5 pt. favorite over Penn St.

    OSU 8 pt. favorite over Michigan

    Michigan 3 pt. favorite over Florida

    Michigan 15 pt. favorite over Michigan St. (so there is your 8th "heavily favored"

    Michigan 14 pt. underdog to Penn St.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't debate facts...when I see facts. You need to prove your facts. What are these 8 games? I see only 7 in which UM would be "heavily favored".

    It certainly does not apply to Florida, Michigan St. Penn St. Wisconsin, or Ohio State. That leaves 7 on your schedule.

    The only thing I can think of is that you have UM "heavily favored" over Michigan St. But I don't see why that would be the case. Slightly favored at best.

    So.....prove it. Show us/give us links to authoritative betting lines that "heavily" favor you in 8 games.

    Michigan State?!?! Seriously?

    Do you watch College football at all? Follow it at all?

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935372

    Definitely a toss up

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @mld-woody said:

    Michigan State?!?! Seriously?

    Do you watch College football at all? Follow it at all?

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935372

    Definitely a toss up

    Yes, and I have seen Michigan State be the stronger program in that state for practically the last decade. Just now it seems that MSU has fallen off. Perhaps I didn't realize it was that bad. Perhaps I don't believe it is that bad...in fact I don't.

    So...I agree with you.....MSU/UM is a toss up.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Hopefully OSU can steal a few games where they're the underdog. I think they might take one from Army. They could get the upset against UNLV too.

    UM and OSU have about the same 'difficulty" in terms of non-conf. schedule.

    And while I have not seen any lines, is there any game on their schedule that OSU is not favored in?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #80

    @the-gipper said:

    UM and OSU have about the same 'difficulty" in terms of non-conf. schedule.

    And while I have not seen any lines, is there any game on their schedule that OSU is not favored in?

    ---> 2016 TEAM SCHEDULE & RESULTS - OSU favored in every game - vegasinsider.com

    Date Opponent Closing Line Total Result ATS

    Sep 3 Bowling Green State Falcons -27.5 64 Won 77 - 10 Win / Over

    Sep 10 Tulsa Golden Hurricane -28 73.5 Won 48 - 3 Win / Under

    Sep 17 @ Oklahoma Sooners -2 59 Won 45 - 24 Win / Over

    Oct 1 Rutgers Scarlet Knights -39 59 Won 58 - 0 Win / Under

    Oct 8 Indiana Hoosiers -28 61 Won 38 - 17 Loss / Under

    Oct 15 @ Wisconsin Badgers -10.5 46 Won 30 - 23 Loss / Over

    Oct 22 @ Penn State Nittany Lions -17.5 55.5 Lost 21 - 24 Loss / Under

    Oct 29 Northwestern Wildcats -26 53.5 Won 24 - 20 Loss / Under

    Nov 5 Nebraska Cornhuskers -17.5 54 Won 62 - 3 Win / Over

    Nov 12 @ Maryland Terrapins -28 58 Won 62 - 3 Win / Over

    Nov 19 @ Michigan State Spartans -20 49.5 Won 17 - 16 Loss / Under

    Nov 26 Michigan Wolverines -4 46 Won 30 - 27 Loss / Over

    Dec 31 @ Clemson Tigers -1 56.5 Lost 0 - 31 Loss / Under

    Oh OSU went 11-2 SU and 6-7 ATS 😕

  • @mld-woody said:

    Michigan State?!?! Seriously?

    Do you watch College football at all? Follow it at all?

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935372

    Definitely a toss up

    Yes, and I have seen Michigan State be the stronger program in that state for practically the last decade. Just now it seems that MSU has fallen off. Perhaps I didn't realize it was that bad. Perhaps I don't believe it is that bad...in fact I don't.

    So...I agree with you.....MSU/UM is a toss up.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, and I have seen Michigan State be the stronger program in that state for practically the last decade. Just now it seems that MSU has fallen off. Perhaps I didn't realize it was that bad. Perhaps I don't believe it is that bad...in fact I don't.

    So...I agree with you.....MSU/UM is a toss up.

    Sigh

    This is where I shake my head, realize there's no point in responding, and can only assume 99% of CFB fans agree.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, and I have seen Michigan State be the stronger program in that state for practically the last decade. Just now it seems that MSU has fallen off. Perhaps I didn't realize it was that bad. Perhaps I don't believe it is that bad...in fact I don't.

    So...I agree with you.....MSU/UM is a toss up.

    Sigh

    This is where I shake my head, realize there's no point in responding, and can only assume 99% of CFB fans agree.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #82

    @mld-woody said:

    Sigh

    This is where I shake my head, realize there's no point in responding, and can only assume 99% of CFB fans agree.

    We all shake our heads over your ignorance.....MSU HAS been the better program for a decade. So, yes, 99% of CFB fans agree on that. Last year they were not.

    This year remains to be seen. YOU...and other think MU is so much better than MSU this year as well......but that is yet to be proven....on the field....not in the sports books.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #83

    Coming from the guy that didn't even realize MSU was a bad team and not favored vs Michigan as of a day ago.

    Spend some time, look through MSUs offseason news, and get back to me.

  • Coming from the guy that didn't even realize MSU was a bad team and not favored vs Michigan as of a day ago.

    Spend some time, look through MSUs offseason news, and get back to me.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @mld-woody said:

    Coming from the guy that didn't even realize MSU was a bad team and not favored vs Michigan as of a day ago.

    Spend some time, look through MSUs offseason news, and get back to me.

    You don't know that MSU will be a bad team this year. Just because they were last year...or because of some bad news. Hell UM is all about bad news. MU could be just as bad as MSU, given all their losses to graduation and the NFL.

    And I did figure that UM would be favored...even though I didn't look it up until later. I assumed they would be favored by some.....but you said "heavily favored". I didn't think off the top of my head that they would be more than a TD favorite.

    But, yes, they are "heavily favored"...right now. That could certainly change as the season goes along.

    I didn't figure that UM would be a 15 pt. underdog to Penn St. But they are. I would wager you had no clue that that would be the case there.

    Besides...you get a lot of oddities on these early betting lines. OSU is an 8 pt. favorite over both UM and PSU. But PSU is a 15 pt. favorite over um. If PSU is a 15 pt. favorite over um, and OSU is an 8 pt. favorite over PSU...then why is OSU not a 23 pt. favorite over um. Maybe they should be?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #85

    - We're not UM or MU

    - Yes, I knew we were a heavy underdog against PSU (depending on where you look). The PSU hype is real.

    - Home vs Away is much of the difference there.

  • - We're not UM or MU

    - Yes, I knew we were a heavy underdog against PSU (depending on where you look). The PSU hype is real.

    - Home vs Away is much of the difference there.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @mld-woody said:

    - We're not UM or MU

    You are what I say you are. YOu can be UM or MU or TUN...or whatever. Deal with it. I don't care what you call yourselves...but just out of curiosity...what is it that you think your former school should be called? (besides the Team of Constant Sorrow?)

    - Yes, I knew we were a heavy underdog against PSU (depending on where you look). The PSU hype is real.

    - Home vs Away is much of the difference there.

    Three points is usually all. Home vs. away doesn't explain the aberration above.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #87

    If you're fine being wrong and looking like an idiot, then yes, you can call us MU

    Michigan

    UofM

    Mich

    never MU.

    UM slightly better, but still hardly ever