Skip to content

Lost careers

The Browns Board
42 25 3.3k
  • La'charles Bently-knee

    Maurice Clarett-Brain-since I went to school with him

    Korey Stringer-heat stroke during Vikings Mini-camp

    Also Pat Tillman, might not of been a Hall Of Fame caliber player but I have mad respect for him. From a fantasy hero to a true hero

  • La'charles Bently-knee

    Maurice Clarett-Brain-since I went to school with him

    Korey Stringer-heat stroke during Vikings Mini-camp

    Also Pat Tillman, might not of been a Hall Of Fame caliber player but I have mad respect for him. From a fantasy hero to a true hero

    nmills said:

    La'charles Bently-knee

    Maurice Clarett-Brain-since I went to school with him

    MC what a waste. Shame

  • nmills said:

    La'charles Bently-knee

    Maurice Clarett-Brain-since I went to school with him

    MC what a waste. Shame

    @hammertime said:

    MC what a waste. Shame

    Derrick Anderson-Brain

  • A couple of others:

    Brad Daugherty, somewhat because of his back

    Mark The Bird Fidrych

    and Ray Chapman....only person ever killed on a major league baseball field

  • Darryl Stingley...Patriots receiver rendered a quadriplegic after a hit by Jack Tatum. Stingley passed away in 2007.

    Joe Delaney...Chiefs running back who died attempting to save children from drowning. A real HERO in my book. Only played 2 years.

    Mike

  • Duk Koo Kim

  • RAC-eating disorder

  • jamir miller?

  • DON ROGERS - Brutal hitter and knew how to cover. Defensive backfield general. Hall Of Famer for sure.

    BO JACKSON - I know he was already mentioned, but I'm mentioning him again. Guy was in a league of his own when he got hurt. Would have rivalled the immortal Jim Brown.

    DERRICK THOMAS - Nice career cut short early.

    STEVE OLIN - Was just coming into his own.

    DWJ

  • Brady Quinn's already got people defending his performance based on a cracked pinkie... hopefully it's healed by the time season starts.

  • On a serious note... Magic Johnson - HIV virus in the prime of his career.

  • DON ROGERS - Brutal hitter and knew how to cover. Defensive backfield general. Hall Of Famer for sure.

    BO JACKSON - I know he was already mentioned, but I'm mentioning him again. Guy was in a league of his own when he got hurt. Would have rivalled the immortal Jim Brown.

    DERRICK THOMAS - Nice career cut short early.

    STEVE OLIN - Was just coming into his own.

    DWJ

    @furnier said:

    DON ROGERS - Brutal hitter and knew how to cover. Defensive backfield general. Hall Of Famer for sure.

    BO JACKSON - I know he was already mentioned, but I'm mentioning him again. Guy was in a league of his own when he got hurt. Would have rivalled the immortal Jim Brown.

    DERRICK THOMAS - Nice career cut short early.

    STEVE OLIN - Was just coming into his own.

    DWJ

    I remember back in I think it was 1991, I was 6 years old and had just heard of the boat accident. My Steve Olin rookie card went from being worth $3 to $99 the next week. Then I lost it in a move along with a Hank Aaron card my grandpa gave me 🙁

  • On a serious note... Magic Johnson - HIV virus in the prime of his career.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    On a serious note... Magic Johnson - HIV virus in the prime of his career.

    Pretty sure Magic was 31 when he announced he had HIV. I don't think any athlete is considered in their prime at 31, but he probably could have played a few more seasons.

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    On a serious note... Magic Johnson - HIV virus in the prime of his career.

    Pretty sure Magic was 31 when he announced he had HIV. I don't think any athlete is considered in their prime at 31, but he probably could have played a few more seasons.

    AdaM said:

    Pretty sure Magic was 31 when he announced he had HIV. I don't think any athlete is considered in their prime at 31, but he probably could have played a few more seasons.

    Oops, he played longer than I recalled.

  • AdaM said:

    Pretty sure Magic was 31 when he announced he had HIV. I don't think any athlete is considered in their prime at 31, but he probably could have played a few more seasons.

    Oops, he played longer than I recalled.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Oops, he played longer than I recalled.

    He tried to come back a couple times I think, but the tank was already empty.

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    On a serious note... Magic Johnson - HIV virus in the prime of his career.

    Pretty sure Magic was 31 when he announced he had HIV. I don't think any athlete is considered in their prime at 31, but he probably could have played a few more seasons.

    AdaM said:

    I don't think any athlete is considered in their prime at 31, but he probably could have played a few more seasons.

    depends on the sport. MMA athletes hit their prime in the low to mid 30's. Then have about a 4 year window to be great.

  • Len Bias

    Bernie Kosar (awkward, clumsy, uncoordinated, lead feet and all, the guy was brilliant on the field, and his career was cut short by a broken elbow.)

    Lou Gerigh(sp?)

  • Zombo said:

    Lyman Bostock ... murder

    Zombo

    Was he the victim? Or the perpetrator? Who was that guy from the Carolina Panthers who had his ex-girlfriend killed because he didn't want to deal with a kid, give up his lifestyle, and pay child support. Rae something.

  • Zombo said:

    Lyman Bostock ... murder

    Zombo

    Was he the victim? Or the perpetrator? Who was that guy from the Carolina Panthers who had his ex-girlfriend killed because he didn't want to deal with a kid, give up his lifestyle, and pay child support. Rae something.

    @the-gipper said:

    Was he the victim? Or the perpetrator? Who was that guy from the Carolina Panthers who had his ex-girlfriend killed because he didn't want to deal with a kid, give up his lifestyle, and pay child support. Rae something.

    That would be Rae Carruth

  • How about Eric the Hitman Turner. He was only 31 and died from cancer. DAN SNYDER (Na 25tional Hockey League, Atlanta Thrashers). REGGIE LEWIS 27(NBA, Boston Celtics. Nick Adenhart 24(Angels). They all are so tragic, but life goes on.