Skip to content

Lost careers

The Browns Board
42 25 3.3k
  • B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Art Schlichter - Gambling addiction. Somewhat self inflicted but now treated like an illness.

    Joe Namath - Had a good long career but suffered his first bad knee injury in High School and never played a single NFL down on even one good knee. What might he have been if he had been healthy?

    Sandy Koufax - In the MLB hall of fame but retired at 30 due to arthritis in his pitching elbow. What would his numbers look like if he had found the strike zone earlier and not thrown so many pitches early on?

  • A couple of others:

    Brad Daugherty, somewhat because of his back

    Mark The Bird Fidrych

    and Ray Chapman....only person ever killed on a major league baseball field

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @the-gipper said:

    Brad Daugherty, somewhat because of his back

    NO WAY! 10,000 points and 5,000 boards and 5 time all star? You can say that about ANY player after 10 years. There are Hall of Famers that played only 10 years.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
    #35

    Has anyone said Bo Jackson. I still remember that game against the Chiefs where he carried 3 guys like 20 yards. If he just stuck to one sport.

    Dude ran a 4.14 40 at 235lbs. Look at how he hit the holes.

  • ? 88fingerslewy wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Tommy Kane- WR Seattle Seahawks.

    I played with this guy in Montreal before he went off to Syracuse. Played roughly 4 yrs with Largent and Brian Blades in Seattle.

    Beat his wife to death in front of her mother in his living room. Now he's doing life.

  • Tommy Kane- WR Seattle Seahawks.

    I played with this guy in Montreal before he went off to Syracuse. Played roughly 4 yrs with Largent and Brian Blades in Seattle.

    Beat his wife to death in front of her mother in his living room. Now he's doing life.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #37

    88fingerslewy said:

    Tommy Kane- WR Seattle Seahawks.

    I played with this guy in Montreal before he went off to Syracuse. Played roughly 4 yrs with Largent and Brian Blades in Seattle.

    Beat his wife to death in front of her mother in his living room. Now he's doing life.

    Nope.

    On November 30, 2003, Kane stabbed his wife Tammara Shaikh to death, eventually pleading guilty to manslaughter for the act. Canadian Superior Court Justice Fraser Martin described Kane as "narcissistic" and "manipulative" and sentenced Kane to 18 years in prison.

    So you will see him again. I bet he's fun to hang out with.

  • ? 88fingerslewy wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Whatever, he "murdered his wife." 'Nuff said. Who cares how.

    I played with the guy, never said he was a friend.

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I dont think he was mentioned , but... Ray Fosse All-Star catcher of the Indians back in the late 60's. I remember him taking a HARD hit at the plate from a diving Pete Rose at the All-star game [ 1969?] After that, he never returned to the form he had as a hitter. From then on he platooned the catching position with- then Duke Sims. Now, I think he does play-by play for San Francisco Giants.

    BTW, I'm a FNG! Long time Cleveland sports fan, used to live there long ago. Now live in Minnesota.

  • R roach wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Payne Stewart

    Herb Score

    Tony Conigliaro

  • ? TheJokersWILD wrote on last edited by
    #41

    R.I.P. Pat Tillman and Sean Taylor

  • B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Spergon Wynn??

    Benjamin Gay??

    Both former Browns and both faded away after a while... wonder y 😉