Ohio Brew Week 2017
-
Steve,
The brewpub in downtown Wadsworth I hear is now serving food. I have not been there yet. Wanted to go sometime, now that they have food.
Also...I hear the one in Barberton is now open. Will have to try it soon since it is just down the street.
-
I used to be a fan of beer festivals but have recently decided they are counterproductive to anyone who really likes beer. Reason being? 1st of all I really see fresh glassware from kiosk 2 kiosk. Usually it's the same dirty 5 outs glass that is warm after you finished your 1st sample. 2nd of all as in the case of ordering multiple flights of beer the palate loses its place, meaning that pretty soon they all taste the same.
Especially after you've had your 1st sample of even a medium bodied IPA. Of
WSS
I used to be a fan of beer festivals but have recently decided they are counterproductive to anyone who really likes beer. Reason being? 1st of all I really see fresh glassware from kiosk 2 kiosk. Usually it's the same dirty 5 outs glass that is warm after you finished your 1st sample. 2nd of all as in the case of ordering multiple flights of beer the palate loses its place, meaning that pretty soon they all taste the same.
Especially after you've had your 1st sample of even a medium bodied IPA. Of
WSS
I hear you and don't disagree.
Yes, the setup encourages you to stick around a few days and hit the breweries where they are more careful about glassware, beer temps, etc. You can get a solid pour. The last night (Last Call) is pretty much a drunken street party and is as you describe.
I have to admit, my palate hangs in there pretty well on flights of ten or less, yet I see your point.
While I have you; I was looking in some older Barbershop threads and saw where one of your songs was adopted by a TV show fairly recently. Wow! I have to say that is pretty awesome and damned impressive. Gotta be a source of pride for you. Well done!
As my handle implies, I write too, and have never come close to that. Maybe someday...
-
I don't go for the taste, I go for t he BUZZ!
-
Steve,
The brewpub in downtown Wadsworth I hear is now serving food. I have not been there yet. Wanted to go sometime, now that they have food.
Also...I hear the one in Barberton is now open. Will have to try it soon since it is just down the street.
Steve,
The brewpub in downtown Wadsworth I hear is now serving food. I have not been there yet. Wanted to go sometime, now that they have food.
Also...I hear the one in Barberton is now open. Will have to try it soon since it is just down the street.
I've been to Wadsworth Brewing Company a few times. The beer is above-average the people are very nice. Don't really care about their food as we went to the Galaxy after we went there.
Went to Magic City Brewing last week. Not very good beer at all. It was their opening so maybe they will get their shit together. Maybe not.
WSS
-
I used to be a fan of beer festivals but have recently decided they are counterproductive to anyone who really likes beer. Reason being? 1st of all I really see fresh glassware from kiosk 2 kiosk. Usually it's the same dirty 5 outs glass that is warm after you finished your 1st sample. 2nd of all as in the case of ordering multiple flights of beer the palate loses its place, meaning that pretty soon they all taste the same.
Especially after you've had your 1st sample of even a medium bodied IPA. Of
WSS
I hear you and don't disagree.
Yes, the setup encourages you to stick around a few days and hit the breweries where they are more careful about glassware, beer temps, etc. You can get a solid pour. The last night (Last Call) is pretty much a drunken street party and is as you describe.
I have to admit, my palate hangs in there pretty well on flights of ten or less, yet I see your point.
While I have you; I was looking in some older Barbershop threads and saw where one of your songs was adopted by a TV show fairly recently. Wow! I have to say that is pretty awesome and damned impressive. Gotta be a source of pride for you. Well done!
As my handle implies, I write too, and have never come close to that. Maybe someday...
The television show was an ABC crime drama called wicked City. The song "she's got your name" was playing on the jukebox when they walked into the bar at about 27 minutes into the 4th episode. Unfortunately the ratings suffered because people thought the show was too violent. It was cancelled but available on Amazon video and Hulu and Netflix I think.I hear you and don't disagree.
Yes, the setup encourages you to stick around a few days and hit the breweries where they are more careful about glassware, beer temps, etc. You can get a solid pour. The last night (Last Call) is pretty much a drunken street party and is as you describe.
I have to admit, my palate hangs in there pretty well on flights of ten or less, yet I see your point.
While I have you; I was looking in some older Barbershop threads and saw where one of your songs was adopted by a TV show fairly recently. Wow! I have to say that is pretty awesome and damned impressive. Gotta be a source of pride for you. Well done!
As my handle implies, I write too, and have never come close to that. Maybe someday...
WSS
-
-
Sweet...
-
Steve,
The brewpub in downtown Wadsworth I hear is now serving food. I have not been there yet. Wanted to go sometime, now that they have food.
Also...I hear the one in Barberton is now open. Will have to try it soon since it is just down the street.
I've been to Wadsworth Brewing Company a few times. The beer is above-average the people are very nice. Don't really care about their food as we went to the Galaxy after we went there.
Went to Magic City Brewing last week. Not very good beer at all. It was their opening so maybe they will get their shit together. Maybe not.
WSS
I've been to Wadsworth Brewing Company a few times. The beer is above-average the people are very nice. Don't really care about their food as we went to the Galaxy after we went there.
Went to Magic City Brewing last week. Not very good beer at all. It was their opening so maybe they will get their shit together. Maybe not.
WSS
Well, I haven't been to either...and while you know I am not big on beer, I would still like to try these local establishments. Let me know when you want to go someday.
-
I've been to Wadsworth Brewing Company a few times. The beer is above-average the people are very nice. Don't really care about their food as we went to the Galaxy after we went there.
Went to Magic City Brewing last week. Not very good beer at all. It was their opening so maybe they will get their shit together. Maybe not.
WSS
Well, I haven't been to either...and while you know I am not big on beer, I would still like to try these local establishments. Let me know when you want to go someday.
I suppose you could drop by sometime if Wally and I went but it's kind of pointless since you don't like that kind of beer anyway.Well, I haven't been to either...and while you know I am not big on beer, I would still like to try these local establishments. Let me know when you want to go someday.
I don't blame you just it's something that you don't care for. Personally unless it was just for going to different places I wouldn't be intrested in a wine tour. I do like some wine but most local wineries kind of suck.
WSS
-
Sober I agree you can go for a few beers, maybe 7,8, 9, even 10 without completely losing the palate but in the case of these beer festivals I repeat you're using the same warm dirty glass and probably not cleansing between each sample with water or soda crackers.
Especially if they are all aggressive
ipa
WSS
-
I suppose you could drop by sometime if Wally and I went but it's kind of pointless since you don't like that kind of beer anyway.Well, I haven't been to either...and while you know I am not big on beer, I would still like to try these local establishments. Let me know when you want to go someday.
I don't blame you just it's something that you don't care for. Personally unless it was just for going to different places I wouldn't be intrested in a wine tour. I do like some wine but most local wineries kind of suck.
WSS
I suppose you could drop by sometime if Wally and I went but it's kind of pointless since you don't like that kind of beer anyway.
I don't blame you just it's something that you don't care for. Personally unless it was just for going to different places I wouldn't be intrested in a wine tour. I do like some wine but most local wineries kind of suck.
WSS
We could get you and Hoorta together and have a Wine Snob vs. Beer Snob shootout!

I go for the traveling as well.....but when I travel....depending on whom I am with, I will do stops at wineries and brew pubs. You saw where I have gone to Finger Lakes wineries when I go up to see my son......but you know him......HE studies beer, even took a course in college on it...and contemplated getting a job in that area. When he and I travel we make stops at brew pubs. We have gone to them in Missoula Mont., Morgantown WVa.....in Ithaca and a few others.
I have gone to various wineries as well. Up by Traverse City Mich. on Maui, in Missouri, Calif. and a few other places.
My taste in wine is no more effete than it is in beer. I like a few kinds when I purchase, mostly white wine and mostly Reisling, Gerwurstraminers. Don't care much for Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
When Andrew comes home..probably at Christmas., that is when I will definitely have to hit the Wadsworth and Barberton brewpubs...and get you and Bob to come along.
-
Yeah maybe. I don't know that any American wine outside of California is considered near the top of its class but if you like it you like it.
In recent years American beer as really taken a foothold in the forefront of brewing craft. Like some of the high end American bourbons. Scotch has always had its own pecking order.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login