Skip to content

IN THE HOSPITAL AGAIN , going home 8/30/17!

Barber Shop Talk
43 7 2.2k
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Oh yeah Lady Dracula just left here at 6:30 am before the sun came up. 😆

    It's 7 am urologist just left maybe I can catch a nap...oh yeah tray at 8 am, worse than the service!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Well I saw my little resident in training doctor making her rounds this morning came to my room and I told her we are going to have a little talk about what went on over the past two days she knew exactly what I was talking about.

    At first she tried her original position then a cover up which is never a good idea I think she knew she had no where to go with it and I said be quiet and listen to what I was going to say. I told her she is going to be a doctor soon and should take this a a learning experience. I did not mince any words I told her she should never again try to play God with anyone's pain medications or treatment that could hurt some patients in certain situations very badly.

    After sternly making my point I told her I had no intention to hurt her or her career and that she was beautiful young girl with a brilliant career ahead of her and I was smiling and told her to relax. She kept apologizing but I said stop and just give one genuine apology and don't keep repeating it here or in any case. I thought she might cry.

    We then talked about everything, I asked where she went to school, grew up, liked to do what her pretty name meant, we just talked. I knew she was a young girl and I was a very experienced older man but I remembered what it's like to screw up and someone was kind enough to give you a break meant and that's exactly what I did here. 😉

    I know she genuinely appreciated it, so did I.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #15

    MJP - geez, I'm praying everything gets straightened out for you both. You have some serious stuff on your plate to handle,

    you're a tough dude ! Hang in there - classy way to handle that doc situation.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #16

    Holy smokes what is going on in our world today?

    -Very briefly- Friday 2 pm a male RN decided to get me in bed by himself using a Hoyer lift, no big deal if you know what you're doing (or just lazy!). As soon as he started I immediately complained quickly three times my thigh was burning he just kept his finger on the button well I looked down and my left leg was wrapped around the wrong side of the main hydraulic shaft of the lift! Unreal.

    Well he stopped so we could correct it and he continued then over the bed he then started down, my legs were going straight down, not correct! I said NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO GET A SECOND PERSON instead he just used his arm to push them out (lazy). He injured my leg could have easily broke it!

    I'm in bed wife is in for a visit leg is getting hot, I called and demanded to see a doctor, determined it was probably a strain not a break, use pain and ice and left. Called for ice bags that lazy slug didn't want to get them! Well more briefly got them, 6 am legs in major pain, put ice bags on, (oh my resident INSISTED I GET ICE ASAP, (and who was she, yes my little friend, small world huh, she even had a new resident with her and a big smile 🙂 ), later needed refils, called, waited, waited over two hours I bitched big time finally got them.

    About 6 pm called, waited I think the people in the front where your nurse pages go thought it was FUNNY well they just f*cked up big time! MJP then got his phone called the hospital number, asked to talk to the supervisor, gave my name, briefly explained the situation she said she would be there in 15 minutes.

    Paybacks? I would have paid $$$$$ to see their little faces when the hospital supervisor walked into my room which was directly in front of them. --- I'll let you in on our little inside joke, she immediately recognized my name, she knows and loves my wife, asked how she's doing, etc. I pointed out that little shit in the black shirt, he's the guy, you can go directly to him when we're done and repeat anything I've said, yes he injured me!

    We then bullshited about everything including the new ownership of the hospital.

    Yes paybacks can be sweet. 😉

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #17

    Hey what can be more exciting than a hospital report, well mine are not exactly boring.

    Well Wednesday 7/5 I'm supposed to be released from the hospital and go to a nursing home rehab center, I was there Jan 11 - Feb 14, 2016 last year, nice place, get through my PT issues then head for home maybe in 1-3 or so weeks.

    And last night Monday night I had a real bad night with the left leg, back issues and it confirmed that I was going to pursue legal action against that dumbass that hurt my leg. Get this at 3:30 am I called my litigator attorney to get the ball rolling, yes 4th of July morning. They are among the best and are open 24/7 to get legal stuff going. They called me back at 9 am and we're getting ready to rock and roll!

    Normally my wife isn't into this stuff but with what he hid she's 100% on board, we're taking action against her former employer who basically screwed her out of a job, pay, insurance. Unreal.

    My neighbors can't believe what happened to me like I need more shit in my physical life. Stay tuned this should be interesting, and yes we've filed an incident report with the hospital and the patient advocate who I filed the report with was my wife's last boss here and would love to have her back, the supervisor I talked with also loves my wife.

    Interesting enough yet? Checkout time for me scheduled for tomorrow here.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #18

    My mother was in a rehab center for a few months after falling and breaking her right thigh bone in 2011. She caught C-diff while there. Be careful. For you that don't know what it is, look it up.

  • My mother was in a rehab center for a few months after falling and breaking her right thigh bone in 2011. She caught C-diff while there. Be careful. For you that don't know what it is, look it up.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My mother was in a rehab center for a few months after falling and breaking her right thigh bone in 2011. She caught C-diff while there. Be careful. For you that don't know what it is, look it up.

    C-diff nasty "shit" along with MRSA

    MRSA noun

    1.

    methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus , a bacterium that is highly resistant to methicillin, penicillin, and certain other antibiotics, and may cause infections of the skin, blood, lungs, etc.:

    MRSA infections in hospitals and healthcare facilities.

    2.

    a staph infection caused by these bacteria:

    the threat of MRSA among athletes.

    Chances of coming home with something you didn't have originally are serious, hospitals are constantly fighting this.

    ++++++++++++

    Meanwhile I'm still here in the hospital, I suspect an insurance screw up, been there before. 😕

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #20

    last time i was at a hospital was when my mom passed a few years ago

    I hate being in those places

    hope everything is well mjp

  • sydS syd

    last time i was at a hospital was when my mom passed a few years ago

    I hate being in those places

    hope everything is well mjp

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @syd said:

    last time i was at a hospital was when my mom passed a few years ago

    I hate being in those places

    hope everything is well mjp

    Well officially out of the hospital and in to the nursing home /rehab unit 8 pm tonight to get my hip up to speed and get the hell out of here and back home. I hate nursing homes but this place is ok, was in it last Jan/Feb.

    Will know more after evaluations Friday am.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

  • Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mjp28 said:

    Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

    Good luck.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

    Good luck.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Good luck.

    Ditto

    WSS

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @boo-fagley said:

    This sucks.

    I dont know you but now youre in my thoughts and prayers. You have to get through this and see the Browns rebound.

    Yeah I don't want the BROWNS to win the Super Bowl while I'm still in here. 😆

    In rehab part again, guess maybe two or three weeks? Then finish IV at home for another month or so. Geeezzz.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Mj... I believe you are as tough minded as ironwood. Hang in there.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #27

    My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

  • My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    Our thoughts are with you and him, just try to be as supportive as you can and good luck.

    Little things can also mean a lot. Michael

  • My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    sorry to hear. Life is too short, even when you are lucky to get to old age.

    I try to never take it for granted.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Just a look ahead....

    Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.

    I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe! 🙂

  • Just a look ahead....

    Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.

    I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe! 🙂

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #31

    @mjp28 said:

    Just a look ahead....

    Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.

    I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe! 🙂

    Right now barring anything weird it looks like Tuesday August 8 I'm done here. And a big rib eye on the grill. 🙂

    I will have to finish an IV antibiotic at home once a day through August but hey I'm outta here.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #32

    @boo-fagley said:

    Out tomorrow. Good for you.

    Just getting out of that prison is a blessing. Rib eye, with bacon wrapped asparagus and stuffed mushrooms. All on the grill.

    Tuesday 4:50 am, up as usual this morning it was 3 am today. You guys and gals aren't going to believe this one I'm probably going to get the all clear later today -BUT- I found out yesterday there is a mandatory TWO DAY WAITING PERIOD by law before they will release me out of here!

    Yes even if you want to check yourself out you would be going against medical advice and might run into insurance and/or Medicare problems including if anything adverse would happen.

    Geeeezzzz again! The earliest I might leave if I'm cleared today (and not any meeting screw ups) is going to be Thursday now. I was floored! It's 6 weeks ago today that I left for the hospital.

    The rib eye will have to wait! 🙁 But the wife is bringing me a Philly Steak with peppers onions mushrooms and provolone today for lunch, uuummmmmmm, can't wait for that.

    I had an Italian hogue the other day and my first real Wedgewood Pizza last week, anyone else had one? (not their crappy imitation hospital pizza, yeeech) .....I'm rebelling against the system. 😆

    Be thankful for the good simple things in life once in awhile but this SUCKS! Oh my hospital scrambled eggs should be coming up in two hours....thank goodness I brought my own salt & pepper shakers.