IN THE HOSPITAL AGAIN , going home 8/30/17!
-
MJP - geez, I'm praying everything gets straightened out for you both. You have some serious stuff on your plate to handle,
you're a tough dude ! Hang in there - classy way to handle that doc situation.
-
Holy smokes what is going on in our world today?
-Very briefly- Friday 2 pm a male RN decided to get me in bed by himself using a Hoyer lift, no big deal if you know what you're doing (or just lazy!). As soon as he started I immediately complained quickly three times my thigh was burning he just kept his finger on the button well I looked down and my left leg was wrapped around the wrong side of the main hydraulic shaft of the lift! Unreal.
Well he stopped so we could correct it and he continued then over the bed he then started down, my legs were going straight down, not correct! I said NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO GET A SECOND PERSON instead he just used his arm to push them out (lazy). He injured my leg could have easily broke it!
I'm in bed wife is in for a visit leg is getting hot, I called and demanded to see a doctor, determined it was probably a strain not a break, use pain and ice and left. Called for ice bags that lazy slug didn't want to get them! Well more briefly got them, 6 am legs in major pain, put ice bags on, (oh my resident INSISTED I GET ICE ASAP, (and who was she, yes my little friend, small world huh, she even had a new resident with her and a big smile
), later needed refils, called, waited, waited over two hours I bitched big time finally got them.About 6 pm called, waited I think the people in the front where your nurse pages go thought it was FUNNY well they just f*cked up big time! MJP then got his phone called the hospital number, asked to talk to the supervisor, gave my name, briefly explained the situation she said she would be there in 15 minutes.
Paybacks? I would have paid $$$$$ to see their little faces when the hospital supervisor walked into my room which was directly in front of them. --- I'll let you in on our little inside joke, she immediately recognized my name, she knows and loves my wife, asked how she's doing, etc. I pointed out that little shit in the black shirt, he's the guy, you can go directly to him when we're done and repeat anything I've said, yes he injured me!
We then bullshited about everything including the new ownership of the hospital.
Yes paybacks can be sweet.

-
Hey what can be more exciting than a hospital report, well mine are not exactly boring.
Well Wednesday 7/5 I'm supposed to be released from the hospital and go to a nursing home rehab center, I was there Jan 11 - Feb 14, 2016 last year, nice place, get through my PT issues then head for home maybe in 1-3 or so weeks.
And last night Monday night I had a real bad night with the left leg, back issues and it confirmed that I was going to pursue legal action against that dumbass that hurt my leg. Get this at 3:30 am I called my litigator attorney to get the ball rolling, yes 4th of July morning. They are among the best and are open 24/7 to get legal stuff going. They called me back at 9 am and we're getting ready to rock and roll!
Normally my wife isn't into this stuff but with what he hid she's 100% on board, we're taking action against her former employer who basically screwed her out of a job, pay, insurance. Unreal.
My neighbors can't believe what happened to me like I need more shit in my physical life. Stay tuned this should be interesting, and yes we've filed an incident report with the hospital and the patient advocate who I filed the report with was my wife's last boss here and would love to have her back, the supervisor I talked with also loves my wife.
Interesting enough yet? Checkout time for me scheduled for tomorrow here.
-
My mother was in a rehab center for a few months after falling and breaking her right thigh bone in 2011. She caught C-diff while there. Be careful. For you that don't know what it is, look it up.
-
My mother was in a rehab center for a few months after falling and breaking her right thigh bone in 2011. She caught C-diff while there. Be careful. For you that don't know what it is, look it up.
C-diff nasty "shit" along with MRSAMy mother was in a rehab center for a few months after falling and breaking her right thigh bone in 2011. She caught C-diff while there. Be careful. For you that don't know what it is, look it up.
MRSA noun
1.
methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus , a bacterium that is highly resistant to methicillin, penicillin, and certain other antibiotics, and may cause infections of the skin, blood, lungs, etc.:
MRSA infections in hospitals and healthcare facilities.
2.
a staph infection caused by these bacteria:
the threat of MRSA among athletes.
Chances of coming home with something you didn't have originally are serious, hospitals are constantly fighting this.
++++++++++++
Meanwhile I'm still here in the hospital, I suspect an insurance screw up, been there before.

-
-
last time i was at a hospital was when my mom passed a few years ago
I hate being in those places
hope everything is well mjp
last time i was at a hospital was when my mom passed a few years ago
I hate being in those places
hope everything is well mjp
Well officially out of the hospital and in to the nursing home /rehab unit 8 pm tonight to get my hip up to speed and get the hell out of here and back home. I hate nursing homes but this place is ok, was in it last Jan/Feb.
Will know more after evaluations Friday am.
-
Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.
They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.
I'll keep you posted, mjp.
-
Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.
They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.
I'll keep you posted, mjp.
Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.
They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.
I'll keep you posted, mjp.
Good luck.
-
Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.
They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.
I'll keep you posted, mjp.
Good luck.
DittoGood luck.
WSS
-
@boo-fagley said:
This sucks.
I dont know you but now youre in my thoughts and prayers. You have to get through this and see the Browns rebound.
Yeah I don't want the BROWNS to win the Super Bowl while I'm still in here.

In rehab part again, guess maybe two or three weeks? Then finish IV at home for another month or so. Geeezzz.
-
Mj... I believe you are as tough minded as ironwood. Hang in there.
-
My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.
-
My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.
My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.
Our thoughts are with you and him, just try to be as supportive as you can and good luck.
Little things can also mean a lot. Michael
-
My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.
My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.
sorry to hear. Life is too short, even when you are lucky to get to old age.
I try to never take it for granted.
-
-
Just a look ahead....
Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.
I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe!

Right now barring anything weird it looks like Tuesday August 8 I'm done here. And a big rib eye on the grill.Just a look ahead....
Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.
I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe!

I will have to finish an IV antibiotic at home once a day through August but hey I'm outta here.
-
Tuesday 4:50 am, up as usual this morning it was 3 am today. You guys and gals aren't going to believe this one I'm probably going to get the all clear later today -BUT- I found out yesterday there is a mandatory TWO DAY WAITING PERIOD by law before they will release me out of here!@boo-fagley said:
Out tomorrow. Good for you.
Just getting out of that prison is a blessing. Rib eye, with bacon wrapped asparagus and stuffed mushrooms. All on the grill.
Yes even if you want to check yourself out you would be going against medical advice and might run into insurance and/or Medicare problems including if anything adverse would happen.
Geeeezzzz again! The earliest I might leave if I'm cleared today (and not any meeting screw ups) is going to be Thursday now. I was floored! It's 6 weeks ago today that I left for the hospital.
The rib eye will have to wait!
But the wife is bringing me a Philly Steak with peppers onions mushrooms and provolone today for lunch, uuummmmmmm, can't wait for that.I had an Italian hogue the other day and my first real Wedgewood Pizza last week, anyone else had one? (not their crappy imitation hospital pizza, yeeech) .....I'm rebelling against the system.

Be thankful for the good simple things in life once in awhile but this SUCKS! Oh my hospital scrambled eggs should be coming up in two hours....thank goodness I brought my own salt & pepper shakers.
-
@boo-fagley said:
2 more days?
That is BS. Why not release you Sunday and let you leave Tuesday.
Because they have their progress meetings on Tuesdays, you know doctors and PT/OT people can't get their shit together on Mondays like the rest of the world.

I knew last Friday I was ready, I do extra weight lifting on my own every night plus I was always in reasonably good shape.
-
Well under UNBELIEVABLE....
Tuesday I was waiting for my get out of jail card for Thursday (yesterday) well I'm still here!
My insurance went and extended my stay by TWO MORE WEEKS! Now about 8/22, I was shocked! That will extend me from 6 weeks to two freakin months away from home. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!
Most people get kicked out too early Jennifer the social worker said I must have have good insurance AND I'm stuck with that can't walk away stuff again. On the good side I get two weeks of IV Therapy here, get to work out, I'm getting ready toned up, nice definition coming back.
But I was 99.999% sure I was going home.
UNFREAKIN UNREAL.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login