Skip to content

IN THE HOSPITAL AGAIN , going home 8/30/17!

Barber Shop Talk
43 7 2.2k
  • sydS syd

    last time i was at a hospital was when my mom passed a few years ago

    I hate being in those places

    hope everything is well mjp

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @syd said:

    last time i was at a hospital was when my mom passed a few years ago

    I hate being in those places

    hope everything is well mjp

    Well officially out of the hospital and in to the nursing home /rehab unit 8 pm tonight to get my hip up to speed and get the hell out of here and back home. I hate nursing homes but this place is ok, was in it last Jan/Feb.

    Will know more after evaluations Friday am.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

  • Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mjp28 said:

    Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

    Good luck.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Friday not great. - Well after my last update they xrayed my hip at rehab place showed a possible fracture of the left hip, rushed me back to the hospital. Did a cat scan which did NOT show a fracture but did show an infection of the hip bone.

    They put in a P.I.C.C. line in today, I will be going back to rehab soon. Will need approximately two months of IV antibiotics no idea on details but I won't be home for awhile. Month? Two? This is similar to the 2015 P.I.C.C. line deal maybe less severe.

    I'll keep you posted, mjp.

    Good luck.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Good luck.

    Ditto

    WSS

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @boo-fagley said:

    This sucks.

    I dont know you but now youre in my thoughts and prayers. You have to get through this and see the Browns rebound.

    Yeah I don't want the BROWNS to win the Super Bowl while I'm still in here. 😆

    In rehab part again, guess maybe two or three weeks? Then finish IV at home for another month or so. Geeezzz.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Mj... I believe you are as tough minded as ironwood. Hang in there.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #27

    My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

  • My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    Our thoughts are with you and him, just try to be as supportive as you can and good luck.

    Little things can also mean a lot. Michael

  • My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My brother was just admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. This has been a fucked up horrible year.

    sorry to hear. Life is too short, even when you are lucky to get to old age.

    I try to never take it for granted.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Just a look ahead....

    Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.

    I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe! 🙂

  • Just a look ahead....

    Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.

    I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe! 🙂

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #31

    @mjp28 said:

    Just a look ahead....

    Heard Monday 7/31 that I might be done with rehab by Friday or early next week and I'll be out of here.

    I'm dying after 5 weeks in the hospital and here for a good, hot steak off the grill....like you wouldn't believe! 🙂

    Right now barring anything weird it looks like Tuesday August 8 I'm done here. And a big rib eye on the grill. 🙂

    I will have to finish an IV antibiotic at home once a day through August but hey I'm outta here.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #32

    @boo-fagley said:

    Out tomorrow. Good for you.

    Just getting out of that prison is a blessing. Rib eye, with bacon wrapped asparagus and stuffed mushrooms. All on the grill.

    Tuesday 4:50 am, up as usual this morning it was 3 am today. You guys and gals aren't going to believe this one I'm probably going to get the all clear later today -BUT- I found out yesterday there is a mandatory TWO DAY WAITING PERIOD by law before they will release me out of here!

    Yes even if you want to check yourself out you would be going against medical advice and might run into insurance and/or Medicare problems including if anything adverse would happen.

    Geeeezzzz again! The earliest I might leave if I'm cleared today (and not any meeting screw ups) is going to be Thursday now. I was floored! It's 6 weeks ago today that I left for the hospital.

    The rib eye will have to wait! 🙁 But the wife is bringing me a Philly Steak with peppers onions mushrooms and provolone today for lunch, uuummmmmmm, can't wait for that.

    I had an Italian hogue the other day and my first real Wedgewood Pizza last week, anyone else had one? (not their crappy imitation hospital pizza, yeeech) .....I'm rebelling against the system. 😆

    Be thankful for the good simple things in life once in awhile but this SUCKS! Oh my hospital scrambled eggs should be coming up in two hours....thank goodness I brought my own salt & pepper shakers.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @boo-fagley said:

    2 more days?

    That is BS. Why not release you Sunday and let you leave Tuesday.

    Because they have their progress meetings on Tuesdays, you know doctors and PT/OT people can't get their shit together on Mondays like the rest of the world. 😆

    I knew last Friday I was ready, I do extra weight lifting on my own every night plus I was always in reasonably good shape.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Well under UNBELIEVABLE....

    Tuesday I was waiting for my get out of jail card for Thursday (yesterday) well I'm still here!

    My insurance went and extended my stay by TWO MORE WEEKS! Now about 8/22, I was shocked! That will extend me from 6 weeks to two freakin months away from home. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!

    Most people get kicked out too early Jennifer the social worker said I must have have good insurance AND I'm stuck with that can't walk away stuff again. On the good side I get two weeks of IV Therapy here, get to work out, I'm getting ready toned up, nice definition coming back.

    But I was 99.999% sure I was going home. 🙁 UNFREAKIN UNREAL.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @boo-fagley said:

    Ive been making stuffed mushrooms on the grill.

    I buy the mushrooms at Costco because they are good size. Some I fill with different kinds of hard cheese to get a blend and other with cream cheese with some shredded cheese on top. Jalapeno poppers too. I fill them with cream cheese and shredded cheese.

    Oh yeah rub it in. 😆🙁

  • Well under UNBELIEVABLE....

    Tuesday I was waiting for my get out of jail card for Thursday (yesterday) well I'm still here!

    My insurance went and extended my stay by TWO MORE WEEKS! Now about 8/22, I was shocked! That will extend me from 6 weeks to two freakin months away from home. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!

    Most people get kicked out too early Jennifer the social worker said I must have have good insurance AND I'm stuck with that can't walk away stuff again. On the good side I get two weeks of IV Therapy here, get to work out, I'm getting ready toned up, nice definition coming back.

    But I was 99.999% sure I was going home. 🙁 UNFREAKIN UNREAL.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #36

    @mjp28 said:

    Well under UNBELIEVABLE....

    Tuesday I was waiting for my get out of jail card for Thursday (yesterday) well I'm still here!

    My insurance went and extended my stay by TWO MORE WEEKS! Now about 8/22, I was shocked! That will extend me from 6 weeks to two freakin months away from home. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!

    Most people get kicked out too early Jennifer the social worker said I must have have good insurance AND I'm stuck with that can't walk away stuff again. On the good side I get two weeks of IV Therapy here, get to work out, I'm getting ready toned up, nice definition coming back.

    But I was 99.999% sure I was going home. 🙁 UNFREAKIN UNREAL.

    My brother has been in the hospital since July 22. First Congestive Heart Failure. They were going to do cardioversion (shock the heart) to slow it down and stop the afib, but his lungs were too weak (COPD). After almost two weeks they sent him to Regency but after 4 days he developed a serious GI bleed and was back in ICU. Had something injected into his duodenal and it stopped the bleed. (had to be on a ventilator). Yesterday, he had catheter oblation with they stick a wire through an artery in your groin, up into your heart and destroy the part of the heart that is causing the afib. They then installed a heart pace maker in his chest. His heart rate went from 176 to the low 80's. If it had stayed high much longer he would have had a stroke or complete heart failure. Not sure how much longer before he will be able to go home. He will have to quit all is bad habits (smoking and drinking).

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @boo-fagley said:

    Cant believe 2 more weeks.

    Yeah and I was going nuts over two whole days. Everything about hospitals and rehab is.....different to be polite about it. Or it can drive you crazy!

    Try eating hospital food for 46 days and counting except for a few days my wife brought in real food which tastes unbelievable. I got where I can't eat their bland scrambled eggs! We did buy a salt and pepper set which I brought in, pepper is almost gone.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #38

    @boo-fagley said:

    You likely lost weight at least.

    Pepper is good. Red pepper flakes too.

    Actually I lost weight between 2014 and 2015 when I got really sick, went from a strong well built 222 lbs to a sickly 159 lbs, I was 178 when I graduated high school 49 years ago. I'm about 170 now and would like to go to maybe 175 before I leave here.

    And I told the wife that she has to bring me in something to eat every time she comes to visit. 😆

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Well from an email I just sent out to some friends, my steak will have to sit on ice for awhile, this sucks!!!

    Well today is day 56 and for the second time my stay here got extended now to 9/2/17. I'm really bummed out about it but I think the IV and the heavy duty antibiotics are keeping me here, originally estimated at 6 to 8 weeks. I have a office visit with the ID MD this coming Monday 8/28 and will see what he has to say then.
     
    The food and bedrest and these terribly uncomfortable mattresses, the WORST I've ever been on are killing my back are all getting to me. I originally thought I might be home in July, ha.Oh well football season is coming. Plus I need a new shoulder  (but won't happen in 2017) and my hip is shot too. Catch you later,  mjp.
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Shit bud. Hope it gets over soon, that's got to be fucking horrible.

    WSS