Skip to content

Survey Saturday Night Fights

The Browns Board
35 13 824
  • Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    Muhammad Ali

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    Ali and Joe Frazier Thrilla in Manila

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    Nope

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    A couple of big Irish friends of mine.

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    Jim Brown

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    No idea but I would hope this whole thing is a lark and they are actually friends.

  • Prime RJJ

    Who is RJJ?

    htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    Prime RJJ

    Who is RJJ?

    Roy Jones Jr.

  • Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    Jack Johnson

    Joe Louis. Based on 12 years as champion.

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    Aaron Pryor - Arguello 1

    Lyle/Foreman

    Duran/Leonard 1

    Frazier Ali 1

    Frzier Foerman 1

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    Homosexual sport. Testicles across the chin and bare feet. Fucking homo sport.

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    Ernie Shavers

    Ted Gullick

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    C mon..............this is a one possiblitiy answer.

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    Zombo is a real estate agent. By his own admission, he is a drink. He has never strapped on a pair of 8 ounce gloves in his life. He wouldn't just get beaten, he would get hurt. This is beyond a mismatch. I would physically injure him. I promise you, I would drive my fist through his fucking ribs, and that would be the end of it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Prime RJJ

    Who is RJJ?

    Roy Jones Jr.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @htownbrown said:

    Roy Jones Jr.

    Thanks...he was very good.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #18

    I was 13 in 1976 when dad brought his brothers over to watch some Wide World of Sports

    Good call Ghoolie.I was hooked ever sense(sorry back video if need)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)



    C mon..............this is a one possiblitiy answer.



    OK, and which answer is that? I will guess that you think JB, and that is fine. There have been a few other tough guys play here.


  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Memories!! I was there!!

  • Memories!! I was there!!

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @htownbrown said:

    Memories!! I was there!!

    See, and here we go again. Time affects our answers, opinions and experiences so much. My interest in boxing tapered off over the past 15 years. I think the last fight I had interest in was Tyson/Lewis, and I was disappointed to see Mike not in top form.

    But I did see this fight, and man, it ranks up there with any of them I listed.

    And what about James J Braddock? Coming up from the dead to beat the shit out of Max Bear? My Uncle Nick, loved Dempsy, fought like him, and he loved Braddock. Joe Louis called Braddock the bravest man he ever met. Now THAT was a great man.

    What do you make of this McGreggor - Mayweather fight? I was never a huge Mayweather fan, but I have never seen a street fighter stand a chance against a boxer. The cardio required to box is far, far greater than that for this MMA shit. I think Mayweather will destroy the guy.

  • @htownbrown said:

    Memories!! I was there!!

    See, and here we go again. Time affects our answers, opinions and experiences so much. My interest in boxing tapered off over the past 15 years. I think the last fight I had interest in was Tyson/Lewis, and I was disappointed to see Mike not in top form.

    But I did see this fight, and man, it ranks up there with any of them I listed.

    And what about James J Braddock? Coming up from the dead to beat the shit out of Max Bear? My Uncle Nick, loved Dempsy, fought like him, and he loved Braddock. Joe Louis called Braddock the bravest man he ever met. Now THAT was a great man.

    What do you make of this McGreggor - Mayweather fight? I was never a huge Mayweather fan, but I have never seen a street fighter stand a chance against a boxer. The cardio required to box is far, far greater than that for this MMA shit. I think Mayweather will destroy the guy.

    htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @ghoolie said:

    See, and here we go again. Time affects our answers, opinions and experiences so much. My interest in boxing tapered off over the past 15 years. I think the last fight I had interest in was Tyson/Lewis, and I was disappointed to see Mike not in top form.

    But I did see this fight, and man, it ranks up there with any of them I listed.

    And what about James J Braddock? Coming up from the dead to beat the shit out of Max Bear? My Uncle Nick, loved Dempsy, fought like him, and he loved Braddock. Joe Louis called Braddock the bravest man he ever met. Now THAT was a great man.

    What do you make of this McGreggor - Mayweather fight? I was never a huge Mayweather fan, but I have never seen a street fighter stand a chance against a boxer. The cardio required to box is far, far greater than that for this MMA shit. I think Mayweather will destroy the guy.

    Its hard to say which era would fare the best if you could mix them. The tape shows far superior talent in recent decades, but there is a complete lack of heart in the ring these days.

    Its boxing. Floyd will make a fool of Conner. Conner will see angles and punches from distances hes never seen in a real fight. From one of the best craftsmen of his time no less. GGG vs Canelo should be a throw back fight though.

    PS Wouldn't be the least bit surprised though if that crazy irish fuck kicks Floyd right in the head and knocks him out cold.

  • @htownbrown said:

    Memories!! I was there!!

    See, and here we go again. Time affects our answers, opinions and experiences so much. My interest in boxing tapered off over the past 15 years. I think the last fight I had interest in was Tyson/Lewis, and I was disappointed to see Mike not in top form.

    But I did see this fight, and man, it ranks up there with any of them I listed.

    And what about James J Braddock? Coming up from the dead to beat the shit out of Max Bear? My Uncle Nick, loved Dempsy, fought like him, and he loved Braddock. Joe Louis called Braddock the bravest man he ever met. Now THAT was a great man.

    What do you make of this McGreggor - Mayweather fight? I was never a huge Mayweather fan, but I have never seen a street fighter stand a chance against a boxer. The cardio required to box is far, far greater than that for this MMA shit. I think Mayweather will destroy the guy.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @ghoolie said:

    See, and here we go again. Time affects our answers, opinions and experiences so much. My interest in boxing tapered off over the past 15 years. I think the last fight I had interest in was Tyson/Lewis, and I was disappointed to see Mike not in top form.

    But I did see this fight, and man, it ranks up there with any of them I listed.

    And what about James J Braddock? Coming up from the dead to beat the shit out of Max Bear? My Uncle Nick, loved Dempsy, fought like him, and he loved Braddock. Joe Louis called Braddock the bravest man he ever met. Now THAT was a great man.

    What do you make of this McGreggor - Mayweather fight? I was never a huge Mayweather fan, but I have never seen a street fighter stand a chance against a boxer. The cardio required to box is far, far greater than that for this MMA shit. I think Mayweather will destroy the guy.

    It depends. If it's a boxing match its Mayweather. If its mma then it's McGreggor. I will be watching and it's been forever since I've purchased ppv.
  • @the-gipper said:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    Marciano

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    Louis was shot. He would have destroyed Rock if he was a young man. Joe had no reflexes left.

  • @ghoolie said:

    See, and here we go again. Time affects our answers, opinions and experiences so much. My interest in boxing tapered off over the past 15 years. I think the last fight I had interest in was Tyson/Lewis, and I was disappointed to see Mike not in top form.

    But I did see this fight, and man, it ranks up there with any of them I listed.

    And what about James J Braddock? Coming up from the dead to beat the shit out of Max Bear? My Uncle Nick, loved Dempsy, fought like him, and he loved Braddock. Joe Louis called Braddock the bravest man he ever met. Now THAT was a great man.

    What do you make of this McGreggor - Mayweather fight? I was never a huge Mayweather fan, but I have never seen a street fighter stand a chance against a boxer. The cardio required to box is far, far greater than that for this MMA shit. I think Mayweather will destroy the guy.

    It depends. If it's a boxing match its Mayweather. If its mma then it's McGreggor. I will be watching and it's been forever since I've purchased ppv.
    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @one-post said:

    It depends. If it's a boxing match its Mayweather. If its mma then it's McGreggor. I will be watching and it's been forever since I've purchased ppv.

    One, I haven't read a bunch, but I believe it is a boxing match, not an MMA. In MMA there are so many varibles anything can happen. I used to love the PPV fights, at least the boxing stuff. I bet Holly Holm vesus Rousey so I went to see that fight. Still don't understand why Comcast doesn't offer the NFL package.

    2017 and we have "antenna with rotor" type service trying to find games. It sucks. The programming in Memphis is so fucked up. If we don't get the Titans, we get a manning game, logical or not.

  • @one-post said:

    It depends. If it's a boxing match its Mayweather. If its mma then it's McGreggor. I will be watching and it's been forever since I've purchased ppv.

    One, I haven't read a bunch, but I believe it is a boxing match, not an MMA. In MMA there are so many varibles anything can happen. I used to love the PPV fights, at least the boxing stuff. I bet Holly Holm vesus Rousey so I went to see that fight. Still don't understand why Comcast doesn't offer the NFL package.

    2017 and we have "antenna with rotor" type service trying to find games. It sucks. The programming in Memphis is so fucked up. If we don't get the Titans, we get a manning game, logical or not.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @ghoolie said:

    One, I haven't read a bunch, but I believe it is a boxing match, not an MMA. In MMA there are so many varibles anything can happen. I used to love the PPV fights, at least the boxing stuff. I bet Holly Holm vesus Rousey so I went to see that fight. Still don't understand why Comcast doesn't offer the NFL package.

    2017 and we have "antenna with rotor" type service trying to find games. It sucks. The programming in Memphis is so fucked up. If we don't get the Titans, we get a manning game, logical or not.

    I was a loyal Direct tv customer from '97-'15. They fucked me a couple of times so threatened to switch then fucked me again. I was on auto pay and they took too much out and I didn't notice for a couple of months. After investigating and calling countless times they would credit me then overcharge again. Fuck it right? But I lost the nfl games.

    Now its the red zone channel or games I see locally and sometimes a trip to hooters.

    Both fighters are too cocky for me so either one getting knocked out would be cool.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #28

    I've always loved boxing beginning with the B&W GILLETTE FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS, Dad used to have an occasional beer and we'd sit on the floor and watch I'd have an occasional sip of beer. 😉

    He was a great club fighter as a late teen and a NAVY champion during WWII.

    His friend one street over would have been a national or world champion if he didn't have a greedy manager (Matt M.) check the dates too close for any heavyweight type fighter. http://www.fightsrec.com/mike-birskovich.html

    ~~~~~~~~~~ Here is this week's survey. Give your answers: ~~~~~~~~~~ note doing this in the hospital and on my tablet tends to get changed a bit 😕

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever? Pound for pound Tyson, best in my era Cassius Clay now Muhammad Ali.

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match) OMG, I've seen some great Ray Boom-Boom Mancini fights re was a non stop machine, too bad about Do Koo Kim dying in ring, Ray would have been a media superstar.

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC? - Not really, girls are interesting saw a match tonight Brazilian chick vs Tate, Brazilian won. Some are cute for brutal fighters.

    Men still human cock fighting, I'll pass. Like wrasslin' sweaty men grabbing crotches, really? Oooohhh, not me unless there's a sweet little chick involved. 😉

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight? - My dad's best man was a real fighter, see link.

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field) - Define tough. OL, QB, DL, MLB, LB, DB?

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie? - Mothra vs Godzilla? I'll have think about the American version.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Louis was shot. He would have destroyed Rock if he was a young man. Joe had no reflexes left.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @ghoolie said:

    Louis was shot. He would have destroyed Rock if he was a young man. Joe had no reflexes left.

    in your dreams

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #30

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?
    Boxer? Ali... he changed the sport.

    Fighter? Tyson... at his peak he was the most intimidating man I've ever seen inside the ring.

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)
    Best I've seen has to to be Gatti - Ward #1... Never seen a war in the ring to equal it.

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?
    Good God, no...

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?
    My son-in-law would do for a starter... not sure I'd need another, but his best friend, Chris, would probably tag along anyway and be more than welcome.

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)
    Pound-for-pound: Eric Turner

    Heavyweight: Walter Johnson

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?
    Gotta go with The Florida Flash...

  • Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    For me, it has to be Floyd Mayweather....cant be better than undefeated, can you?

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    Watched a lot of great ones.....Ali Frazier stands out.....

    Also watch Mancini vs Kim.....terrible ending.....but the one that is permanently seered into my memory.....good or bad

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    Nope....

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    Probably my lifelong best friend Alex....in fact, he HAS had my back and has shown out every time....

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    Erock and Don Rogers could dish it out....thats for sure.....

    But there is also the chance that there are guys who quietly biet the bullet and play, when most shouldnt, couldnt or wouldnt....Gotta be one tough dude to Never miss a snap over 10 years in the NFL.......could Joe Thomas fit that mold?......I say yes......

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    My guess is Zombo....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Reading thru the thread after giving my answers dredged up a couple memories... especially especially gum's Wide World of Sports mention... specifically a broadcast from Havana, Cuba back in the early 80's (?) of the Pan-Am games. This was back when Cuba was the dominant power in "amateur" boxing and lead by Teofalo (sp?) Stephenson.

    Anyway a young kid out of Akron fought in the Lt. Hvy finals and was the best, young prospect I'd seen in a while. Had the speed of a young Ali, but in a more powerful frame. The kid could really thump and IIRC beat a Cuban in the finals to win the gold. His name was Michael Dokes.

    Saw a couple early fights of his as a pro and then he disappeared for years until I saw him as a bloated, journeyman almost upset some "name" boxer. The hands were still fast, but not the legs. Apparently Michael was derailed by drugs along his path. Too bad... he had a lot of promise.

  • Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey. Give your answers:

    1. Who do you think is the best fighter (boxer) ever?

    ALI

    2. What do you think is the best fight ever (boxing match)

    One I will never forget was the televised Friday night fight, Emile Griffith vs Bennie "The Kid" Paret, Paret died as a result of that beating he took.

    3. Are you into MMA/UFC?

    Nope

    4. Who are the one or two persons you have ever known personally...that you would want to have your back in a fight?

    Best buddy in 'Nam, Jimmie T Kincaid, one tough hillbilly..we had each other's backs

    5. Bringing it back to the Browns.....who do you think is the toughest Browns player ever (on the football field)

    Jim Brown or Joe Thomas (never missed a snap & has played on injured knees)

    6. Finally....who would win: Zombo or Ghoolie?

    Unsure, but that would be a comedy for the ages!

    Mike