Skip to content

Dorial Green Beckham! ~~~~~Waiver Wire~~~~~

The Browns Board
134 30 3.3k
  • Well, he seemed to be an NFL player in this video, in fact doing well against the likes of the Pats, Vikes, Steelers, GB, Cowboys... even Cleveland.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #93

    @poeticg said:

    Well, he seemed to be an NFL player in this video, in fact doing well against the likes of the Pats, Vikes, Steelers, GB, Cowboys... even Cleveland.

    No he didnt.....1) didnt even play the Pats......had 8 yds against the Vikes.....14 yds against the Browns....15 yds against the Cowboys......33 against the stools......and his one and only game over 50 yds was GB......and zero 100 yard games.....(in fact, he's had only 6 - 100 yd games in his entire college AND pro career......and runs 4.5)

    Highlight reels mean nothing when you look at the real numbers.....

    @one-post said:

    He has passed waivers today...he now is a free agent.

    So.....all 32 teams passed.....

    Didnt even have good numbers in college.....never once performed well....has always been underacheiving talent with potential.....

  • I'm with you PoG. Kid can play.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @wargograw said:

    I'm with you PoG. Kid can play.

    Not football but I am sure he can play something.

  • @wargograw said:

    I'm with you PoG. Kid can play.

    Not football but I am sure he can play something.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Not football but I am sure he can play something.

    Pass the bong with Josh perhaps?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    I remember him getting shut down by Gilbert.

    Still a big nah.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #97

    His highlight reel (not game tape) wasn't that great. He isn't a great hands catcher, and let's the ball into his body too consistently. He had maybe 2 impressive plays, the rest of the reel was pretty mundane stuff. I didn't see anything that made me think the Browns should take a swing at a guy who was roundly rejected twice in two years. Someone may bring him in as a camp body, but I'll sleep just fine if it isn't Cleveland.

  • @poeticg said:

    Get his attention and you'll get the next Randy Moss.

    Assumes facts NOT in evidence.. One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

    Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

    He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @unsympathetic said:

    Assumes facts NOT in evidence..

    You sound like a lawyer. Are you a lawyer?

    One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

    Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

    He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

    And, I guess then the question in: why are we still talking about him?

    I mean, are Ricardo Louis, Payton Jordan (or is it Jordan Payton), Higgins etc. more worthy of discussion than this alleged bum?

    So, what about them?

  • I remember him getting shut down by Gilbert.

    Still a big nah.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @tiamat63 said:

    I remember him getting shut down by Gilbert.

    Still a big nah.

    Jesus, if that is the case then you know he sucks and his name should be forever banned from darkening this forum.

  • @hoorta said:

    Apparently, no one else in the NFL is interested... So we should be?

    I would like to have a tall receiver or two. So, yes, I would want to check him out.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    I would like to have a tall receiver or two. So, yes, I would want to check him out.

    Yeah, sure. Usain Bolt is 6'5", just retired, and is definitely fast. Why not give him a call? I've said a bunch of times it takes more than that to make a decent NFL wr.

  • @orion said:

    I would like to have a tall receiver or two. So, yes, I would want to check him out.

    Yeah, sure. Usain Bolt is 6'5", just retired, and is definitely fast. Why not give him a call? I've said a bunch of times it takes more than that to make a decent NFL wr.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, sure. Usain Bolt is 6'5", just retired, and is definitely fast. Why not give him a call? I've said a bunch of times it takes more than that to make a decent NFL wr.

    Renoldo Niamiah ring a bell? Lol
  • @poeticg said:

    Well, he seemed to be an NFL player in this video, in fact doing well against the likes of the Pats, Vikes, Steelers, GB, Cowboys... even Cleveland.

    No he didnt.....1) didnt even play the Pats......had 8 yds against the Vikes.....14 yds against the Browns....15 yds against the Cowboys......33 against the stools......and his one and only game over 50 yds was GB......and zero 100 yard games.....(in fact, he's had only 6 - 100 yd games in his entire college AND pro career......and runs 4.5)

    Highlight reels mean nothing when you look at the real numbers.....

    @one-post said:

    He has passed waivers today...he now is a free agent.

    So.....all 32 teams passed.....

    Didnt even have good numbers in college.....never once performed well....has always been underacheiving talent with potential.....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @mudfly said:

    So.....all 32 teams passed.....

    ... on his contract. Now we'll see if anyone wants the player. I don't, but someone may.

    That said, it was only a rookie contract... a 2nd round contract, but still a cheap contract.

    Not looking good for Dorial's future.

  • @hoorta said:

    Yeah, sure. Usain Bolt is 6'5", just retired, and is definitely fast. Why not give him a call? I've said a bunch of times it takes more than that to make a decent NFL wr.

    Renoldo Niamiah ring a bell? Lol
    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @one-post said:

    Renoldo Niamiah ring a bell? Lol

    Yes!....I remember......

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    vikings. played with the dude who married mrs. cosby on the 'family' friendly tv show LOL!!!!!

  • vikings. played with the dude who married mrs. cosby on the 'family' friendly tv show LOL!!!!!

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    @miktoxic said:

    vikings. played with the dude who married mrs. cosby on the 'family' friendly tv show LOL!!!!!

    49ers actually......but Ahmad Rashad was the vikes WR of which u speak.....previously known as Bobby Moore, til he went muslim....

    You kids that dont remember Nehemiah.....he was a world record holding, world champion runner and hurdler...olympic gold medalist....and super duper FAST athlete, who was signed and was gonna be the fastest, highest jumping wide receiver everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......except he sucked....

    The end

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Not many "track stars" have successfully made the leap to the NFL...

    Even HoF WR, "Bullet" Bob Hayes struggled making the transition.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Assumes facts NOT in evidence..

    You sound like a lawyer. Are you a lawyer?

    One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

    Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

    He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

    And, I guess then the question in: why are we still talking about him?

    I mean, are Ricardo Louis, Payton Jordan (or is it Jordan Payton), Higgins etc. more worthy of discussion than this alleged bum?

    So, what about them?

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    @the-gipper said:

    @unsympathetic said:

    Assumes facts NOT in evidence..

    You sound like a lawyer. Are you a lawyer?

    One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

    Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

    He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

    And, I guess then the question in: why are we still talking about him?

    I mean, are Ricardo Louis, Payton Jordan (or is it Jordan Payton), Higgins etc. more worthy of discussion than this alleged bum?

    So, what about them?

    Make the case. Show why DGB is more worthy of a roster spot than any specific one of them. "Questions" aren't enough -- if there's just "questions" then we keep who we have.

    DGB

    Sucks

    Your entire case is predicated upon dreams of magically transforming him into a competent NFL player....... but there's zero evidence that he can be transformed. In fact one big reason he was cut [reason #1 link #2] is that he was NOT responding to the transformation attempt from Philly WR coach Mike Groh.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @unsympathetic said:

    Assumes facts NOT in evidence..

    You sound like a lawyer. Are you a lawyer?

    One, that his attention is able to be acquired - and two, that he possesses untapped potential.

    Philly was the team that took that chance, for that exact reason. They spent the entire season doing exactly what you proposed.. for zero return.

    He's just a bum who can beat bad college defenders. His potential was already reached - and he's not an NFL player.

    And, I guess then the question in: why are we still talking about him?

    I mean, are Ricardo Louis, Payton Jordan (or is it Jordan Payton), Higgins etc. more worthy of discussion than this alleged bum?

    So, what about them?

    Make the case. Show why DGB is more worthy of a roster spot than any specific one of them. "Questions" aren't enough -- if there's just "questions" then we keep who we have.

    DGB

    Sucks

    Your entire case is predicated upon dreams of magically transforming him into a competent NFL player....... but there's zero evidence that he can be transformed. In fact one big reason he was cut [reason #1 link #2] is that he was NOT responding to the transformation attempt from Philly WR coach Mike Groh.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Make the case. Show why DGB is more worthy of a roster spot than any specific one of them. "Questions" aren't enough -- if there's just "questions" then we keep who we have.

    DGB

    Sucks

    Your entire case is predicated upon dreams of magically transforming him into a competent NFL player....... but there's zero evidence that he can be transformed. In fact one big reason he was cut [reason #1 link #2] is that he was NOT responding to the transformation attempt from Philly WR coach Mike Groh.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    It's not my case I never said one word about this guy I simply asked about the other wide receiver's that are on this roster and how well you think they will perform if this DGB guy sucks he sucks and we don't need him if he doesn't suck well maybe he's worth a shot one way or the other it's no skin off my balls

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    Thank you for admitting you did not make a case supporting DGB.

    Since there is no defense for him.. there's zero reason to even bring up other players. He first has to be BETTER than the current roster.

    To paraphrase Denny Green, he is who we thought he is.. and that's not good enough for an NFL roster. Perhaps he'd enjoy hanging out with JM and Josh Gordon and Justin Gilbert..

  • It's not my case I never said one word about this guy I simply asked about the other wide receiver's that are on this roster and how well you think they will perform if this DGB guy sucks he sucks and we don't need him if he doesn't suck well maybe he's worth a shot one way or the other it's no skin off my balls

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    if this DGB guy sucks he sucks and we don't need him if he doesn't suck well maybe he's worth a shot

    We're allowed to have 90 guys right?

    He had to learn an NFL system his rookie year. And his second year he had to learn a new team's NFL system.

    Are we sure how he'd respond to having to sign with the worst team in the NFL? As in, "Look how far I've sunk." Perhaps he'd tighten his chin strap a little more and realize that this is his last chance.

    Maybe I'm way off base, but with a 90 man roster I don't see why we wouldn't want to check out a 6'6" WR that needs to prove something.

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by

    We have zero to lose in signing him... but probably zero to gain. Haha. He's a big question mark just like 75 percent of our WR corps.