Skip to content

Dorial Green Beckham! ~~~~~Waiver Wire~~~~~

The Browns Board
134 30 3.3k
  • Man this right here to me is a HUGE opportunity!!! I loved the kid coming out of the draft. The Eagles got him in a trade from the Titans last year to help out Carson Wentz. But hell, the Eagles just released him and I'm all for picking him up.

    Gordon

    DGB

    Coleman

    Britt

    Hollywood

    Louis

    Payton

    That could be a fine group of WRs right there!

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @poeticg said:

    Man this right here to me is a HUGE opportunity!!! I loved the kid coming out of the draft. The Eagles got him in a trade from the Titans last year to help out Carson Wentz. But hell, the Eagles just released him and I'm all for picking him up.

    Gordon

    DGB

    Coleman

    Britt

    Hollywood

    Louis

    Payton

    That could be a fine group of WRs right there!

    Lois, Payton and Higgins are complete garbage.. they only have a roster spot because this group of assholes.. I mean the Owner and FO dont believe in acquiring the very best at the WR postion.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Id say there is zero point in picking up this guy.....we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

    Screw DBG....we knew he'd bust before he was ever picked(and he did).....and POG loves him......nuff said!

  • This is another position of need for us. He's got good size. Can he brought in on a friendly deal? We need all the help we can get.

    Toss him overboard if he proves to be an ass.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @orion said:

    Can he brought in on a friendly deal?

    Only if he clears waivers...

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #23

    he's terrell owens without any catching skills

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I'm still giggling at Gordon heading up the list

  • I'm still giggling at Gordon heading up the list

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @d-bone said:

    I'm still giggling at Gordon heading up the list

    I laugh at every released player is the savior to the browns woes.
  • @d-bone said:

    I'm still giggling at Gordon heading up the list

    I laugh at every released player is the savior to the browns woes.
    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #26

    @topdawg31 said:

    I laugh at every released player is the savior to the browns woes.

    I agree...it gets old....BUT, I do understand where it comes from.....it's the ole...."we already suck, so why not try?" syndrome.....

    But, in the end, bringing in failure after failure, hoping to strike gold on one, is not a winning plan.....and in "most" instances, it's a waste of time, coaching and money....all that would be better spent on other more positive unproven prospects......

    If the Browns sign this guy.....it will go against everything they've been preaching since the restart......every.single.thing....

    (personally, dont even think they'll talk with him)

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #27

    This is a ridiculous thread

    DGB got waived because Philly likes a UDFA, their FA signings, and their 2017 draft picks better than him. Also, too, he sucks.

    If he's the answer, I don't want to hear the question.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    DGB was a major disappointment in college from his top of the class status (Rivals.com) out of HS and again a disappointment in pros. Lots of talent but low on motivation to be the best. Needs Jerry Rice or Larry Fitzgerald as a personal trainer if he ever wants to be any good. The Johnny Football of wide receivers. Steer clear!!!!

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #29

    Po if you enjoy Gordon's game watch Arena League. Last night I watched Washington Vapors at TB.Good Game. Vapors have a Greg Carr (#4 I believe) Was like watching Gordo straight out of Baylor...As a matter of fact you could take the top 5 Arena League WR's right now and find at least 2 roster spots...easily...

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    No, you couldn't - or they'd all be in the NFL and not the AFL.

    Carr was a UDFA, never made a NFL roster, and even in 2014 knew he had no shot in the NFL.

  • He's a useless piece of shit

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's a useless piece of shit

    You may be half correct. He could help, so I don't think he is useless.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's a useless piece of shit

    You may be half correct. He could help, so I don't think he is useless.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @ghoolie said:

    You may be half correct. He could help, so I don't think he is useless.

    If he could learn the playbook, absolutely.

    He's flamed out from two teams who weren't exactly flush with WR talent.

    I have no problem kicking the tires, but DGB is Justin Gilbert redux...a guy who doesn't give a fuck about football and will never put in the time to learn.

  • Id say there is zero point in picking up this guy.....we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

    Screw DBG....we knew he'd bust before he was ever picked(and he did).....and POG loves him......nuff said!

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mudfly said:

    Id say there is zero point in picking up this guy.....we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

    Screw DBG....we knew he'd bust before he was ever picked(and he did).....and POG loves him......nuff said!

    Bring him in it can't hurt is my thinking.
  • Id say there is zero point in picking up this guy.....we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

    Screw DBG....we knew he'd bust before he was ever picked(and he did).....and POG loves him......nuff said!

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @mudfly said:

    we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

    Because he's got good size and it's an important position in today's NFL. Surely the 89th guy could be spared.

    The road to unemployment goes through Cleveland.

  • @mudfly said:

    Id say there is zero point in picking up this guy.....we have a boat load of undeveloped WR's......why work on one that has proven to be a failure, when we still have 4 who haven't gotten their chance to fail yet?

    Screw DBG....we knew he'd bust before he was ever picked(and he did).....and POG loves him......nuff said!

    Bring him in it can't hurt is my thinking.
    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @one-post said:

    Bring him in it can't hurt is my thinking.

    Well....it could, if he takes time away from our staff of young receivers who would benefit from the playing/coaching time......or if he brings a slackers attitude to the WR room.....or casts shade over a growing environment of higher character guys.....or a winning culture....

    Bringing him because "what the hell" is what weve always done....I thought we were trying to get better than that......

  • @one-post said:

    Bring him in it can't hurt is my thinking.

    Well....it could, if he takes time away from our staff of young receivers who would benefit from the playing/coaching time......or if he brings a slackers attitude to the WR room.....or casts shade over a growing environment of higher character guys.....or a winning culture....

    Bringing him because "what the hell" is what weve always done....I thought we were trying to get better than that......

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mudfly said:

    Well....it could, if he takes time away from our staff of young receivers who would benefit from the playing/coaching time......or if he brings a slackers attitude to the WR room.....or casts shade over a growing environment of higher character guys.....or a winning culture....

    Bringing him because "what the hell" is what weve always done....I thought we were trying to get better than that......

    He was a first round pick with speed and Philly was winning until defenses picked up on Wentz.
  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #37

    And when DGB was with the titans? Plz. Jesus Christ could've been on that team and lost. And the Raiders same situation.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Whatever......It's not really worthy of debate, unless we sign him.....

    But....setting the record straight....he was a second rounder(not first) and would have gone higher, if not for huge character and drug issues......and, now, 2 years in, he had been cut twice,,,,,

    Dont see anything there that says "I want this guy on my team"........ps: there are a shit ton of tall/fast guys who dont have what it takes to play in the NFL.....lots and lots and lots of em....I think DBG fits that mold....

  • Man this right here to me is a HUGE opportunity!!! I loved the kid coming out of the draft. The Eagles got him in a trade from the Titans last year to help out Carson Wentz. But hell, the Eagles just released him and I'm all for picking him up.

    Gordon

    DGB

    Coleman

    Britt

    Hollywood

    Louis

    Payton

    That could be a fine group of WRs right there!

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @poeticg said:

    Coleman

    Britt

    Hollywood

    Louis

    Payton

    You got 1 spot up for grabs. I want the golden ticket to watch, a 70 yr.old Al Saunders walk in the door & tell a 4th & 2 5th rounders that you drafted in 2016, that we are bringing in a 2nd Rd'er drafted in 2015 to take a lookzie on his 3rd team 😕 ..get your Old Man Diaper ready Coach Saunders 😉...May look bad on paper but what do we really know?