Skip to content

BROWNS / STEELERS rivalry, dead or a non issue ?

The Browns Board
35 20 1.1k
  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by
    #1

    As a Browns fan, we all love the BROWNS-STEELERS match ups. Over the past 18 yrs since the Browns returned to the NFL, this classic divisional rivalry has been totally one sided. Even though the Steelers have the winning side of our match ups, is this still looked at as a rivalry, or just another match up? Has the classic hatred for eachother still excite this match up each year?

    As for me, its just another game, because the winning percentage goes to the Steelers, but if the Browns begin winning games each match up then the rivalry will return.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #2

    oh, it's a rivalry alright, those stinking three rivers scumbucket asswholes are going to be on the losing

    end of the rivalry real soon. As in, our first regular season game.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #3

    It would take "years" of consistent beat downs on our part for pgh to start to give a shit again. Winning a game every few years is meaningless. We'd have to turkey jones roethlisberger or something

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #4

    It's a non issue for the NFL community now. Because we've sucked so bad for so long....obviously. The games haven't been a fair fight.

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #5

    It will forever be a rivalry for me. Just watch, we are going to kick them in the nutsack on opening day.

  • It will forever be a rivalry for me. Just watch, we are going to kick them in the nutsack on opening day.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @ghoolie said:

    It will forever be a rivalry for me. Just watch, we are going to kick them in the nutsack on opening day.

    I hope you're right because the last time we played them we had em..let em off the hook.
  • It will forever be a rivalry for me. Just watch, we are going to kick them in the nutsack on opening day.

    ErnieCamacho84E ErnieCamacho84 wrote on last edited by ErnieCamacho84
    #7

    @ghoolie said:

    It will forever be a rivalry for me. Just watch, we are going to kick them in the nutsack on opening day.

    Wouldn't that be the best. Maybe not this year, but soon. I sure hope. If this team ever gets it together and becomes a powerhouse again it's going to mean more to us than any other sports fanbase could ever understand. That's why I keep putting my hand on the hot burner. I love the Cleveland Browns and always will.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I was atbthe stadium the last time the browns neat them when hoter was throwing.

  • I was atbthe stadium the last time the browns neat them when hoter was throwing.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @clevfan4life said:

    I was atbthe stadium the last time the browns neat them when hoter was throwing.

    Wtf?
  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The Steelers and their fans probably don't give a shit. Browns have been the longest-running joke in the NFL.

    But to me? Fucking hate the Steelers, hate their fans, hate their colors... Hate their fucking name.

    There's no team I want to beat the piss out of more than those assholes.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Depends on your age?

    A certain age group goes Steelers/BROWNS are a rilvary? 😕

    Another like me still hates the freakin black/gold and loves Joe Turkey Jones forever 🙂

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Dead? If not for a rapist in Ben holding his crotch at us,even Terry Bradshaw knows Mike Tomlin Sucks..My Brownie car flag with the middle finger up goes on at exit 32 Hagerstown I-70W till the Penn.Turnpike ends in O-H-I-O. Go Browns!!

  • The Steelers and their fans probably don't give a shit. Browns have been the longest-running joke in the NFL.

    But to me? Fucking hate the Steelers, hate their fans, hate their colors... Hate their fucking name.

    There's no team I want to beat the piss out of more than those assholes.

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    The Steelers and their fans probably don't give a shit. Browns have been the longest-running joke in the NFL.

    But to me? Fucking hate the Steelers, hate their fans, hate their colors... Hate their fucking name.

    There's no team I want to beat the piss out of more than those assholes.

    They don't until we beat them. I had a blast in 08? When David Bowens picked off been to seal the win.

    It burns them, but they assume it won't last. And it hasn't...browns get a win, lose the next 5 or 10.

    Browns sweep them...which won't be this year, but when it happens, rivalry will be right back on.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I was atbthe stadium the last time the browns neat them when hoter was throwing.

    Wtf?
    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #14

    "One said:

    Wtf?

    I had to slap myself in the face after reading that. I'm better now. Still no clue though.
  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    The Steelers and their fans probably don't give a shit. Browns have been the longest-running joke in the NFL.

    But to me? Fucking hate the Steelers, hate their fans, hate their colors... Hate their fucking name.

    There's no team I want to beat the piss out of more than those assholes.

    They don't until we beat them. I had a blast in 08? When David Bowens picked off been to seal the win.

    It burns them, but they assume it won't last. And it hasn't...browns get a win, lose the next 5 or 10.

    Browns sweep them...which won't be this year, but when it happens, rivalry will be right back on.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @choco said:

    They don't until we beat them. I had a blast in 08? When David Bowens picked off been to seal the win.

    It burns them, but they assume it won't last. And it hasn't...browns get a win, lose the next 5 or 10.

    Browns sweep them...which won't be this year, but when it happens, rivalry will be right back on.

    Yeah I agree, I think it will take a sweep. Maybe a wildcard weekend victory. That's a couple years out.
  • "One said:

    Wtf?

    I had to slap myself in the face after reading that. I'm better now. Still no clue though.
    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @comeonman said:

    I had to slap myself in the face after reading that. I'm better now. Still no clue though.

    Ya it's an alcohol induced post I can tell.
  • Dead? If not for a rapist in Ben holding his crotch at us,even Terry Bradshaw knows Mike Tomlin Sucks..My Brownie car flag with the middle finger up goes on at exit 32 Hagerstown I-70W till the Penn.Turnpike ends in O-H-I-O. Go Browns!!

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @gumby73 said:

    Dead? If not for a rapist in Ben holding his crotch at us,even Terry Bradshaw knows Mike Tomlin Sucks..My Brownie car flag with the middle finger up goes on at exit 32 Hagerstown I-70W till the Penn.Turnpike ends in O-H-I-O. Go Browns!!

    You just got a like for that one Gumbo.
  • The Steelers and their fans probably don't give a shit. Browns have been the longest-running joke in the NFL.

    But to me? Fucking hate the Steelers, hate their fans, hate their colors... Hate their fucking name.

    There's no team I want to beat the piss out of more than those assholes.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    The Steelers and their fans probably don't give a shit. Browns have been the longest-running joke in the NFL.

    But to me? Fucking hate the Steelers, hate their fans, hate their colors... Hate their fucking name.

    There's no team I want to beat the piss out of more than those assholes.

    This about sums it up for most of us I should think.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The embers are still glowing. All the Browns have to do is re-light the fire.

    I have a couple friends who are from Pittspuke & are Steelers Fans...they both want the rivalry back as hot as ever. No "supposed" rivalry the Steelers have with the Ratbirds or Bungals comes close to comparing to the Browns & Steelers. It'll be back sooner than later!

    Mike

  • @comeonman said:

    I had to slap myself in the face after reading that. I'm better now. Still no clue though.

    Ya it's an alcohol induced post I can tell.
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @one-post said:

    Ya it's an alcohol induced post I can tell.

    Clearly you need to drink more

    @clevfan4life said:

    I was at the stadium the last time the browns beat them when Hoyer was throwing.

    FIFY..you get no more to drink today..na nu na nu