Skip to content

What ONE rookie do you want to see most at TC?

The Browns Board
26 17 951
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #5

    The Kaiser. Though I saw that the NFL Net crew thinks he gets redshirted by the Browns this year.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #6

    Really tough question. Pick just ONE ?

    Garrett...and Njoku, and peppers and....

    all three are going to be exciting to watch on the field.

    Every time I watch interviews with them, their drive, intelligence,

    love for the game jumps out at me.

    and... Ogunjobi. He may be one of the steals of the entire draft.

    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/28/15236450/2017-nfl-draft-unc-charlotte-browns-larry-ogunjobi

    so, after the first three guys.... if I can pick only one... I'll pick...

    all four. LOL. oh, okay, I'll pick Ogunjobi, because he was drafted later...

    But watch this interview with Ogunjobi -

    the Browns are drafting these caliber of guys - love the game, good guys, tough, smart, great teammates,

    good for the communty...

    just listen to this kid:

    https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-004&hsimp=yhs-004&hspart=mozilla&p=ogunjobi+browns#id=3&vid=884c3193cddff0169260ca76384f3e75&action=click

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #7

    for instance...watch this interview with Njoku:

    see how they are similar?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #8

    watch this interview with Peppers:

    love the game... intelligent...good guys..great teammates

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #9

    and Kizer - I was a big Trubisky guy, but the Browns seem to have possibly gotten the #1 qb out of this class,

    and maybe, a future great qb.

    and for more, Kizer and Ogunjobi in their media interview...

    Ogunjobi is really funny. "you're going to play football"...."No, I'm not..." LOL

  • We certainly have some rookies (I'll include 2nd year players) who will draw interest at Training Camp. Not only our 1st 4 picks, but others, including UDFAs.

    What ONE young player are you most interested to see?

    Mike

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @canton-mike said:

    We certainly have some rookies (I'll include 2nd year players) who will draw interest at Training Camp. Not only our 1st 4 picks, but others, including UDFAs.

    What ONE young player are you most interested to see?

    Mike

    They all interest me about the same. If I had to pick someone I'd say Shon Coleman.

    When QBs are wearing the red jersey in practice - it doesn't really give me their actual poise and split second decision-making that live contact in real games does. Nevertheless, their preparation is still very important.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    not quite a rookie, but I love Shon Coleman -

    you listen to him, you hear the same kind of heart these guys have.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #12
  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I'm going to say Peppers only because that piece of shit better be signed in time to get to camp or GTFO. After that Garrett of course. He better be the next coming of Reggie White/Bruce Smith to justify taking him over Trubisky.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I'll go with Kaimana Nacau. He plays a position of need (fs) and went undrafted but is supposed to be good, so an underdog l'd like to see succeed.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Njoku snares My interest.. He looks like a better specimen than Winslow was. And it seems he's got the potential to be something special...

  • I'll go with Kaimana Nacau. He plays a position of need (fs) and went undrafted but is supposed to be good, so an underdog l'd like to see succeed.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I'll go with Kaimana Nacau. He plays a position of need (fs) and went undrafted but is supposed to be good, so an underdog l'd like to see succeed.

    It's hard for me to pick one, but I am also interested in how Nacua does. Seems like we have many SS candidates so I really want to see him shine at FS.

    Mike

  • not quite a rookie, but I love Shon Coleman -

    you listen to him, you hear the same kind of heart these guys have.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @calfoxwc said:

    not quite a rookie, but I love Shon Coleman -

    you listen to him, you hear the same kind of heart these guys have.

    Mike said we could list 2nd year players so Shon Coleman was my choice.

    My rookie would be David Njoku in training camp.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    TE

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Peppers. Biggest question mark for me. I could see the others, even Garrett, being good or being average. Peppers will boom or bust imo

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Who interests me. I would say this crew of receivers. All the young guys including the Titans we have drafted. Tight ends not Titans

  • Who interests me. I would say this crew of receivers. All the young guys including the Titans we have drafted. Tight ends not Titans

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    Who interests me. I would say this crew of receivers. All the young guys including the Titans we have drafted. Tight ends not Titans

    HA! Loved that!

  • @canton-mike said:

    We certainly have some rookies (I'll include 2nd year players) who will draw interest at Training Camp. Not only our 1st 4 picks, but others, including UDFAs.

    What ONE young player are you most interested to see?

    Mike

    They all interest me about the same. If I had to pick someone I'd say Shon Coleman.

    When QBs are wearing the red jersey in practice - it doesn't really give me their actual poise and split second decision-making that live contact in real games does. Nevertheless, their preparation is still very important.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @flugel said:

    They all interest me about the same. If I had to pick someone I'd say Shon Coleman.

    When QBs are wearing the red jersey in practice - it doesn't really give me their actual poise and split second decision-making that live contact in real games does. Nevertheless, their preparation is still very important.

    Tom, as I mentioned, I am all in. I am pulling for all of these young kids to find discipline, heart and commitment to our team. I have had more going on in my life the past 3 months than I even want to talk about, suffice to say, as we have discussed before, this idiotic team touches and connects us to a whole hell of a lot more than football.

    I have simply had my fill of bad football, jokes, people slamming the team, and having no fucking clue where we have been, what we have shared and what being a Browns fan is all about. Hey, in keeping with my monstrosity of an ego, maybe what the Browns have been missing is Ghoolie firmly back in the saddle?

    I want to see all of these kids. I want to witness the rebirth of our tradition. I believe Garrett is going to cause shitted-pants with QBs and OCs. I think he will be unstoppable. With regards to the QB, I think we have seen that regardless of who Hue or the OC thinks will play, and when, a lot of different variables come into play. If Kizer turns out to be a barn-burner, management won't be able to keep him on the bench this year. IMHP there is too much pressure on the staff. Not just to produce some wins, but to show off the picks and establish confidence among the fans that we are indeed on the right track.

    I think if Kizer shows the other up there will be an irrepressible call by the fans to start him.

    We shall see.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Garrett

  • @flugel said:

    They all interest me about the same. If I had to pick someone I'd say Shon Coleman.

    When QBs are wearing the red jersey in practice - it doesn't really give me their actual poise and split second decision-making that live contact in real games does. Nevertheless, their preparation is still very important.

    Tom, as I mentioned, I am all in. I am pulling for all of these young kids to find discipline, heart and commitment to our team. I have had more going on in my life the past 3 months than I even want to talk about, suffice to say, as we have discussed before, this idiotic team touches and connects us to a whole hell of a lot more than football.

    I have simply had my fill of bad football, jokes, people slamming the team, and having no fucking clue where we have been, what we have shared and what being a Browns fan is all about. Hey, in keeping with my monstrosity of an ego, maybe what the Browns have been missing is Ghoolie firmly back in the saddle?

    I want to see all of these kids. I want to witness the rebirth of our tradition. I believe Garrett is going to cause shitted-pants with QBs and OCs. I think he will be unstoppable. With regards to the QB, I think we have seen that regardless of who Hue or the OC thinks will play, and when, a lot of different variables come into play. If Kizer turns out to be a barn-burner, management won't be able to keep him on the bench this year. IMHP there is too much pressure on the staff. Not just to produce some wins, but to show off the picks and establish confidence among the fans that we are indeed on the right track.

    I think if Kizer shows the other up there will be an irrepressible call by the fans to start him.

    We shall see.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @ghoolie said:

    Tom, as I mentioned, I am all in. I am pulling for all of these young kids to find discipline, heart and commitment to our team. I have had more going on in my life the past 3 months than I even want to talk about, suffice to say, as we have discussed before, this idiotic team touches and connects us to a whole hell of a lot more than football.

    I have simply had my fill of bad football, jokes, people slamming the team, and having no fucking clue where we have been, what we have shared and what being a Browns fan is all about. Hey, in keeping with my monstrosity of an ego, maybe what the Browns have been missing is Ghoolie firmly back in the saddle?

    I want to see all of these kids. I want to witness the rebirth of our tradition. I believe Garrett is going to cause shitted-pants with QBs and OCs. I think he will be unstoppable. With regards to the QB, I think we have seen that regardless of who Hue or the OC thinks will play, and when, a lot of different variables come into play. If Kizer turns out to be a barn-burner, management won't be able to keep him on the bench this year. IMHP there is too much pressure on the staff. Not just to produce some wins, but to show off the picks and establish confidence among the fans that we are indeed on the right track.

    I think if Kizer shows the other up there will be an irrepressible call by the fans to start him.

    We shall see.

    I hear ya! Some years when I thought we were starting to look good on paper, we'd start to see some key guys getting injured in training camp. We've even had guys like Phil Taylor and Desmond Bryant getting injured in the weight room.

    It sure would be nice to us have a great camp without any major injuries.