Skip to content

Does Anyone know what this means?

The Browns Board
34 12 1.0k
  • Hell, then, if I bet 10 bucks I would win back $330? I would probably take a flutter on that, knowing that even if I lost, it would not be that big of a deal, but If I won it would be a nice big deal.

    Also, I guess they are saying that the Bengals 2.5 to one to win the division....and the Ravens 1.75 to one to win? (why can't they just say that?)

    I really think that the Browns are about as good as either of those teams. And like I said, except for 3 players, the Steelers are NO more talented than the Browns. Not really...when you go player by player, unit by unit. QB/WR are the only big advantages the Steelers have over the Browns.

    Do they set odds on say, the following: What are the odds that the Browns will finish with a better record than the Bengals?

    @the-gipper said:

    Hell, then, if I bet 10 bucks I would win back $330? I would probably take a flutter on that, knowing that even if I lost, it would not be that big of a deal, but If I won it would be a nice big deal.

    Also, I guess they are saying that the Bengals 2.5 to one to win the division....and the Ravens 1.75 to one to win? (why can't they just say that?)

    I really think that the Browns are about as good as either of those teams. And like I said, except for 3 players, the Steelers are NO more talented than the Browns. Not really...when you go player by player, unit by unit. QB/WR are the only big advantages the Steelers have over the Browns.

    Do they set odds on say, the following: What are the odds that the Browns will finish with a better record than the Bengals?

    Lol...you channeled your inner-Butch Davis there, like when the Browns "held" Jamaal Lewis to 295 yards.

    The Bengals have basically destroyed the Browns the last 3 seasons, since we killed'em 24-6 on that Thurs night game.

    Seriously though, we all hope the Browns are on the right path. Certainly, the ceiling of improvement for the Browns is high, but can it be realized in one season? Probably not, but it'll be fun to watch them grow.

  • capture.png

    These are apparently betting odds on the teams winning the division.. Not sure what these number are supposed to indicate.

    Here is the article.

    http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/10/odds-for-browns-to-win-afc-north-remain-long/

    I assume this means that the Browns are a vast longshot to win the division....which may be true, but if these touts think that the Bengals/Steelers/Ravens are oh so much better, I doubt they pay attention.

    In fact, I think at this point that the Browns very well may likely be a better team than the Bengals. And the Steelers and Browns are separated by 2-3 players. And the Ravens? Gone downhill IMO. Besides apparently a better QB....where in any units/players are the Ravens really any better than the Browns? Even their WR corps is like as stinky as the Browns, fair to say?

    @the-gipper said:

    capture.png

    These are apparently betting odds on the teams winning the division.. Not sure what these number are supposed to indicate.

    Here is the article.

    http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/10/odds-for-browns-to-win-afc-north-remain-long/

    I assume this means that the Browns are a vast longshot to win the division....which may be true, but if these touts think that the Bengals/Steelers/Ravens are oh so much better, I doubt they pay attention.

    In fact, I think at this point that the Browns very well may likely be a better team than the Bengals. And the Steelers and Browns are separated by 2-3 players. And the Ravens? Gone downhill IMO. Besides apparently a better QB....where in any units/players are the Ravens really any better than the Browns? Even their WR corps is like as stinky as the Browns, fair to say?

    Here is what it means to me. It means the experts have not been reading this board and paying attention. It means once again our team is seen as a very bad team, some would say a joke. As I have posted, I am so sick and tired of hearing this kind of shit I would like to fistfight any 5 "experts".

    I believe the Browns will deliver a great product this year. I think we will win some games, make some highlight films and at the end of the season have a lot of experts saying..."Shit, this is a team to watch". I predict that some of our wins will be eye-opening upsets, and frankly, will cause some opponents to puke.

    Fuck these oddsmakers. Fuck the Steelers. Fuck the Bengals. Fuck The Ravens. I hope they all get syphilis. +3300 my ass. We are winning the division. I am going to make a steeler voodoo doll this week and curse Ben the Rapist so that he gets pummeled so bad opening day that he is too afraid to play the season final.

    Did I mention, Fuck the Steelers?

  • Something to watch out for. And THIS is why I don't consider experts, experts. All existing predictions are based on the past. The issues of youth, new coaches and philosophy don't persuade these jackoffs.

    BUT BUT BUT.....................you mark my words, when the Browns are 4 - 3 with a couple divisional upsets, these same cocksuckers are going to be regurgitating what the optimistic posters here have been posting all along. You watch, all of a suddenly they will be kissing the cock, balls and dick of our new philosophy, players, coaches and even management....

    You watch the change. It's coming.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Hell, then, if I bet 10 bucks I would win back $330? I would probably take a flutter on that, knowing that even if I lost, it would not be that big of a deal, but If I won it would be a nice big deal.

    Also, I guess they are saying that the Bengals 2.5 to one to win the division....and the Ravens 1.75 to one to win? (why can't they just say that?)

    I really think that the Browns are about as good as either of those teams. And like I said, except for 3 players, the Steelers are NO more talented than the Browns. Not really...when you go player by player, unit by unit. QB/WR are the only big advantages the Steelers have over the Browns.

    Do they set odds on say, the following: What are the odds that the Browns will finish with a better record than the Bengals?

    Lol...you channeled your inner-Butch Davis there, like when the Browns "held" Jamaal Lewis to 295 yards.

    The Bengals have basically destroyed the Browns the last 3 seasons, since we killed'em 24-6 on that Thurs night game.

    Seriously though, we all hope the Browns are on the right path. Certainly, the ceiling of improvement for the Browns is high, but can it be realized in one season? Probably not, but it'll be fun to watch them grow.

    @bob806 said:

    Lol...you channeled your inner-Butch Davis there, like when the Browns "held" Jamaal Lewis to 295 yards.

    The Bengals have basically destroyed the Browns the last 3 seasons, since we killed'em 24-6 on that Thurs night game.

    Seriously though, we all hope the Browns are on the right path. Certainly, the ceiling of improvement for the Browns is high, but can it be realized in one season? Probably not, but it'll be fun to watch them grow.

    That was then....this is now. Bengals OL decimated. Their defense to me is questionable. Dalton is a below average NFL QB imo...and I think he will prove that again.

    Yes, Browns have a lot of ground to make up in experience and attitude and winning culture....but I think that the "talent gap" overall has been breached between them and the other teams in this division. Though, yes, the Browns do not have the proven QB....nor, seemingly an Antonio Brown or AJ Green. One single score of a game does not mean that much. I think the Bengals had the most overall talent in the division the past 3-4 years...and they won the division most of that time. But, like I said, that was then, this is now.

  • Fuck these oddsmakers. Fuck the Steelers. Fuck the Bengals. Fuck The Ravens. I hope they all get syphilis.

    As the Germans say:

    Verdammt richtig!

    (Godamn right)

  • Fuck these oddsmakers. Fuck the Steelers. Fuck the Bengals. Fuck The Ravens. I hope they all get syphilis.

    As the Germans say:

    Verdammt richtig!

    (Godamn right)

    @the-gipper said:

    Fuck these oddsmakers. Fuck the Steelers. Fuck the Bengals. Fuck The Ravens. I hope they all get syphilis.

    .....(Godamn right),

    Hope they all get syphilis, hmmmm what are the odds on that? 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    Fuck these oddsmakers. Fuck the Steelers. Fuck the Bengals. Fuck The Ravens. I hope they all get syphilis.

    .....(Godamn right),

    Hope they all get syphilis, hmmmm what are the odds on that? 😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Hope they all get syphilis, hmmmm what are the odds on that? 😆

    They are all cocksuckers, so the odds are high.

  • Something to watch out for. And THIS is why I don't consider experts, experts. All existing predictions are based on the past. The issues of youth, new coaches and philosophy don't persuade these jackoffs.

    BUT BUT BUT.....................you mark my words, when the Browns are 4 - 3 with a couple divisional upsets, these same cocksuckers are going to be regurgitating what the optimistic posters here have been posting all along. You watch, all of a suddenly they will be kissing the cock, balls and dick of our new philosophy, players, coaches and even management....

    You watch the change. It's coming.

    @ghoolie said:

    Something to watch out for. And THIS is why I don't consider experts, experts. All existing predictions are based on the past. The issues of youth, new coaches and philosophy don't persuade these jackoffs.

    BUT BUT BUT.....................you mark my words, when the Browns are 4 - 3 with a couple divisional upsets, these same cocksuckers are going to be regurgitating what the optimistic posters here have been posting all along. You watch, all of a suddenly they will be kissing the cock, balls and dick of our new philosophy, players, coaches and even management....

    You watch the change. It's coming.

    I want whatever your tokin; dude.. LOL!

  • @ghoolie said:

    Something to watch out for. And THIS is why I don't consider experts, experts. All existing predictions are based on the past. The issues of youth, new coaches and philosophy don't persuade these jackoffs.

    BUT BUT BUT.....................you mark my words, when the Browns are 4 - 3 with a couple divisional upsets, these same cocksuckers are going to be regurgitating what the optimistic posters here have been posting all along. You watch, all of a suddenly they will be kissing the cock, balls and dick of our new philosophy, players, coaches and even management....

    You watch the change. It's coming.

    I want whatever your tokin; dude.. LOL!

    @nickers said:

    I want whatever your tokin; dude.. LOL!

    Nickers,

    I am tokin on life, on he sorrow of having to put a beloved pet to sleep, on the memories of the Browns great times with friends and family. I am tokin on all the heartbreaks, the oh-so-close moments, and the hate of hearing people talking shit about and insulting the Browns.

    Bro, if you think about all the self-centered, jackasses in the NFL, I just don't think it is that fucking hard to transform from 1 - 15 to 7-9 or better in a year. I know a loss is a loss, but for fuck's sake, we lost a lot of games because of the most stupid shit you could imagine. A pick Six that winds up being a touch-back because some asshole lost the ball before crossing the goal line?

    Our division rivals are not miles ahead of us in talent. We may be a bit short on experience, but I have grown weary of pissing my fellow Browns fans off. I miss pissing Steeler fans off.I pulled out some photos I took at our very last home game in Muni. The loyalty and sadness in that place choked me up then, and gave me a swift kick in the nuts now.

    I don't give a fuck. I am a homer again. I want this team to succeed. I want Kizer to be the next super hero, I want Garrett to have a collection of femur bones hanging from his locker. I wold rather join Zomblow in predicting 16 - 0 than being pissed. I bought a Kizer shirt. I hope it is the other 31 teams who vomit at the thought of passing on the guys we took.

    I think it's time.

  • @nickers said:

    I want whatever your tokin; dude.. LOL!

    Nickers,

    I am tokin on life, on he sorrow of having to put a beloved pet to sleep, on the memories of the Browns great times with friends and family. I am tokin on all the heartbreaks, the oh-so-close moments, and the hate of hearing people talking shit about and insulting the Browns.

    Bro, if you think about all the self-centered, jackasses in the NFL, I just don't think it is that fucking hard to transform from 1 - 15 to 7-9 or better in a year. I know a loss is a loss, but for fuck's sake, we lost a lot of games because of the most stupid shit you could imagine. A pick Six that winds up being a touch-back because some asshole lost the ball before crossing the goal line?

    Our division rivals are not miles ahead of us in talent. We may be a bit short on experience, but I have grown weary of pissing my fellow Browns fans off. I miss pissing Steeler fans off.I pulled out some photos I took at our very last home game in Muni. The loyalty and sadness in that place choked me up then, and gave me a swift kick in the nuts now.

    I don't give a fuck. I am a homer again. I want this team to succeed. I want Kizer to be the next super hero, I want Garrett to have a collection of femur bones hanging from his locker. I wold rather join Zomblow in predicting 16 - 0 than being pissed. I bought a Kizer shirt. I hope it is the other 31 teams who vomit at the thought of passing on the guys we took.

    I think it's time.

    @ghoolie said:

    Nickers,

    I think it's time.

    Remember too our 1-15 Brownies almost won a few early games, should have been better like 4-12, 5-11? The conversations would have been slightly different going into 2017 and the projections would also have been higher.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Nickers,

    I think it's time.

    Remember too our 1-15 Brownies almost won a few early games, should have been better like 4-12, 5-11? The conversations would have been slightly different going into 2017 and the projections would also have been higher.

    @mjp28 said:

    Remember too our 1-15 Brownies almost won a few early games, should have been better like 4-12, 5-11? The conversations would have been slightly different going into 2017 and the projections would also have been higher.

    The only problem is.. Almost doesn't count...

  • @mjp28 said:

    Remember too our 1-15 Brownies almost won a few early games, should have been better like 4-12, 5-11? The conversations would have been slightly different going into 2017 and the projections would also have been higher.

    The only problem is.. Almost doesn't count...

    @nickers said:

    The only problem is.. Almost doesn't count...

    Yes the QB situation starting in game 1 with RGIII hurt -but- the team was better than 1-15 and this is a rebuilding situation. Almost is actually a factor here.

    The 4.5 wins should be low this year or sell them for a bag of donuts.

  • @nickers said:

    The only problem is.. Almost doesn't count...

    Yes the QB situation starting in game 1 with RGIII hurt -but- the team was better than 1-15 and this is a rebuilding situation. Almost is actually a factor here.

    The 4.5 wins should be low this year or sell them for a bag of donuts.

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes the QB situation starting in game 1 with RGIII hurt -but- the team was better than 1-15 and this is a rebuilding situation. Almost is actually a factor here.

    The 4.5 wins should be low this year or sell them for a bag of donuts.

    Agreed!

  • The odds of the new and improved Ghoolie being more optimistic than Mudfly had to be +3300 as well.

    Do you believe that miracles happen?? 😆 :lol:

  • The odds of the new and improved Ghoolie being more optimistic than Mudfly had to be +3300 as well.

    Do you believe that miracles happen?? 😆 :lol:

    @texasag1969 said:

    The odds of the new and improved Ghoolie being more optimistic than Mudfly had to be +3300 as well.

    Do you believe that miracles happen?? 😆 :lol:

    Yes I do! And our resident Ghool gets hit by lightning and miraculously walks away unscathed and a new man humble and gracious to all he meets.

    ....but on second thought maybe even I don't buy that one. 😆 Carry on Ghool.

    And Mud is always his eloquent and unwavering self on all things Brown and Orange. 😉

  • Pro-Browns Phoolie is only marginally more entertaining than his negative predecessor...

  • I am sure Ghoolie will disagree but I really believe we are turning a corner. We will no longer be the ass joke of the NFL very soon. If we can manage to get a weapon on offense we can win at least 7 games this year. That being said it makes me mad that just about everything Ghoolie has said came true (but he did say we would go 0-16 last year) but he was right about a lot, but I feel we have the coach we want and the D that we always wanted and I can't wait to be at the stadium for weeks 1 and 2.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Nickers,

    I think it's time.

    Remember too our 1-15 Brownies almost won a few early games, should have been better like 4-12, 5-11? The conversations would have been slightly different going into 2017 and the projections would also have been higher.

    @mjp28 said:

    Remember too our 1-15 Brownies almost won a few early games, should have been better like 4-12, 5-11? The conversations would have been slightly different going into 2017 and the projections would also have been higher.

    http://rotoviz.com/2017/02/pythagorean-wins-who-got-lucky-in-2016/

    2016 Pythagorean projection was between 2 and 3 wins.

  • The odds of the new and improved Ghoolie being more optimistic than Mudfly had to be +3300 as well.

    Do you believe that miracles happen?? 😆 :lol:

    @texasag1969 said:

    The odds of the new and improved Ghoolie being more optimistic than Mudfly had to be +3300 as well.

    Do you believe that miracles happen?? 😆 :lol:

    Hahaha

  • The odds of the new and improved Ghoolie being more optimistic than Mudfly had to be +3300 as well.

    Do you believe that miracles happen?? 😆 :lol:

    @texasag1969 said:

    The odds of the new and improved Ghoolie being more optimistic than Mudfly had to be +3300 as well.

    Do you believe that miracles happen?? 😆 :lol:

    HA!

    At least I stick to my guns....I believe what I say and say what I believe.....

    But if one continuously argues a point for months and months, then suddenly turns on a dime and says the exact opposite...how can anyone buy in on what they are saying?