Skip to content

Gerbil Peppers Signs

The Browns Board
208 37 5.5k
  • @gumby73 said:

    LMAO..Hoorta when you bump into mama peppers on game day get her to log in. Am dying to know what kinda of mama can come up with 41 soon to be millionaire football questions she has asked of all of these agents 🤔.(see ball,tackle ball 16 games X 4 you idiot).Woody we need a full profile on Mrs. MaMa Peppers..

    Peppers and his mom are very close. His dad was in jail most of his life. His older brother was also killed when Peppers was young. Mom raised him through all of that. He's repeatedly said she's his main inspiration.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mld-woody said:

    Peppers and his mom are very close. His dad was in jail most of his life. His older brother was also killed when Peppers was young. Mom raised him through all of that. He's repeatedly said she's his main inspiration.

    I get that & that's fine- and Mom is going to be living the high life courtesy of her son. Got an extended family with their hands out based on the Draft Day Party I saw too.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Lets say that you know that you graduate college and know that the average career length is 3 years average. wouldn't you want the most money you can get? Just being realistic

    Boo-hoo. Just being realistic. $10 million and change on your rookie contract, and your f**king agent wants to quibble? That sets him AND Mom up for life, So if you flop, you can't get that second Lamborghini you were counting on with the 4th year money? That's not us Joe six-pack reality kid.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Did Terry get paid for that one?

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    There is some smoke to the fire that the Creative Arts Agency mentioned in the article are notorious for selling more than they can get with their players. The biggest hold out last season (Bosa) and the 3rd and 5th pick are all repped by these guys and Mr. Peppers.

    The problem these guys don't understand is that at the end of the day the owners/organizations hold the most chips. Bosa's largest gripe (and most players) if the offset language which guess what? he caved on that to sign his contract last season.That shit isn't ever going to change, I just hope Peppers wises up to that.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    True That^^great point if mama peppers has logged in yet 😛

  • @mld-woody said:

    Peppers and his mom are very close. His dad was in jail most of his life. His older brother was also killed when Peppers was young. Mom raised him through all of that. He's repeatedly said she's his main inspiration.

    Yep,(it was just kinda weird as I sit in the Buckeye Man cave with the scarlet/grey & white football helmet line running down the carpet) as am looking up a Michigan mama with drama 😉..Ivory Bryant-she seems like a good lady wanting the best for her kid.dad in jail at 7,brother gone at 14.Whats his fathers issues? Is he in/out? any leads to family personal issues between parents? (Gilbert took more supposed family personal days off than the godly Pope)

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Yep,(it was just kinda weird as I sit in the Buckeye Man cave with the scarlet/grey & white football helmet line running down the carpet) as am looking up a Michigan mama with drama 😉..Ivory Bryant-she seems like a good lady wanting the best for her kid.dad in jail at 7,brother gone at 14.Whats his fathers issues? Is he in/out? any leads to family personal issues between parents? (Gilbert took more supposed family personal days off than the godly Pope)

    Dad's been out of jail for a few years. I've only really seen pictures and videos of him with his mom though. I'm pretty damn sure the mom's not a bad influence

  • @mld-woody said:

    Peppers and his mom are very close. His dad was in jail most of his life. His older brother was also killed when Peppers was young. Mom raised him through all of that. He's repeatedly said she's his main inspiration.

    I get that & that's fine- and Mom is going to be living the high life courtesy of her son. Got an extended family with their hands out based on the Draft Day Party I saw too.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Lets say that you know that you graduate college and know that the average career length is 3 years average. wouldn't you want the most money you can get? Just being realistic

    Boo-hoo. Just being realistic. $10 million and change on your rookie contract, and your f**king agent wants to quibble? That sets him AND Mom up for life, So if you flop, you can't get that second Lamborghini you were counting on with the 4th year money? That's not us Joe six-pack reality kid.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I get that & that's fine- and Mom is going to be living the high life courtesy of her son. Got an extended family with their hands out based on the Draft Day Party I saw too.

    Boo-hoo. Just being realistic. $10 million and change on your rookie contract, and your f**king agent wants to quibble? That sets him AND Mom up for life, So if you flop, you can't get that second Lamborghini you were counting on with the 4th year money? That's not us Joe six-pack reality kid.

    He had a draft party therefore his extended family is definitely asking for handouts?

    He's thinking about his second Lamborghini?

    You seem to have your mind made up

  • Lets say that you know that you graduate college and know that the average career length is 3 years average. wouldn't you want the most money you can get? Just being realistic

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @lbc-mike said:

    Lets say that you know that you graduate college and know that the average career length is 3 years average. wouldn't you want the most money you can get? Just being realistic

    I'm hoping our 1st round draft pick isn't thinking, "man I better get paid since my career might be just 3 years".

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    well, if Peppers misses out on more than a few days of training camp....

    I blame Woody. It's his fault. 😎

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    http://imgur.com/BlwdCgR It's weigh in Day..Show Up & $come get some$

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    It's rookie reporting day in Berea-finally getting this season going. 😁

    Vets on Wed. first practice Th. 😁

  • well, if Peppers misses out on more than a few days of training camp....

    I blame Woody. It's his fault. 😎

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I blame Woody. It's his fault. 😎

    As will we all if it goes wrong...

  • It's rookie reporting day in Berea-finally getting this season going. 😁

    Vets on Wed. first practice Th. 😁

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's rookie reporting day in Berea-finally getting this season going. 😁

    Vets on Wed. first practice Th. 😁

    and so begins the official holdout of a marginal player. Good way to represent yourself in Buckeye Nation. Strike one, failed pee test, strike two refused to sign participation agreement, strike three holdout. Quick run out and get a gerbil jersey.

  • @hoorta said:

    I get that & that's fine- and Mom is going to be living the high life courtesy of her son. Got an extended family with their hands out based on the Draft Day Party I saw too.

    Boo-hoo. Just being realistic. $10 million and change on your rookie contract, and your f**king agent wants to quibble? That sets him AND Mom up for life, So if you flop, you can't get that second Lamborghini you were counting on with the 4th year money? That's not us Joe six-pack reality kid.

    He had a draft party therefore his extended family is definitely asking for handouts?

    He's thinking about his second Lamborghini?

    You seem to have your mind made up

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    He had a draft party therefore his extended family is definitely asking for handouts?

    He's thinking about his second Lamborghini?

    You seem to have your mind made up

    You ever hear the saying, "where there's a will, there are relatives"? Think it's pretty safe to say, he's going to get hit up for money. I know of a case where this guy's kid hit the lottery, & had to move out of town, because everyone who barely knew him needed some cash.

    Regarding the Lamborghini, he's making my mind up for me. We've determined his agents are going for the last dime.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    I know a lot of you made up your mind before he was drafted. Whether you'll admit it or not.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    Lets say that you know that you graduate college and know that the average career length is 3 years average. wouldn't you want the most money you can get? Just being realistic

    I'm hoping our 1st round draft pick isn't thinking, "man I better get paid since my career might be just 3 years".

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    I'm hoping our 1st round draft pick isn't thinking, "man I better get paid since my career might be just 3 years".

    Injuries happen

  • I know a lot of you made up your mind before he was drafted. Whether you'll admit it or not.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mld-woody said:

    I know a lot of you made up your mind before he was drafted. Whether you'll admit it or not.

    No need to get defensive. Some may have Woody- but not me. Judgement reserved. I may be an Ohio State Homer, but I'd be just as hard on Jabril for this contract BS if he had played in Columbus, not Ann Arbor.

    As Terry Pluto said- he's not exactly endearing himself to fans with the way he's acting. Waited a day to sign the participation agreement. Agency trying to squeeze the last nickels out of the Browns (and other teams their clients were drafted by). You should realize after their dealings with Pryor- the Browns FO isn't going to budge. Peppers could have ended this crap weeks ago- I hope he's smart enough to know, you'll eventually get paid top dollar when you play like an All-Pro. The big money comes in your second contract- afraid you're not good enough to warrant that?

    Only hurting himself- and the Browns- if Williams intends to use him as a hybrid every day he sits out. Could be a wasted season. That's what concerns me- not what freaking college he went to.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I know a lot of you made up your mind before he was drafted. Whether you'll admit it or not.

    No need to get defensive. Some may have Woody- but not me. Judgement reserved. I may be an Ohio State Homer, but I'd be just as hard on Jabril for this contract BS if he had played in Columbus, not Ann Arbor.

    As Terry Pluto said- he's not exactly endearing himself to fans with the way he's acting. Waited a day to sign the participation agreement. Agency trying to squeeze the last nickels out of the Browns (and other teams their clients were drafted by). You should realize after their dealings with Pryor- the Browns FO isn't going to budge. Peppers could have ended this crap weeks ago- I hope he's smart enough to know, you'll eventually get paid top dollar when you play like an All-Pro. The big money comes in your second contract- afraid you're not good enough to warrant that?

    Only hurting himself- and the Browns- if Williams intends to use him as a hybrid every day he sits out. Could be a wasted season. That's what concerns me- not what freaking college he went to.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    No need to get defensive. Some may have Woody- but not me. Judgement reserved. I may be an Ohio State Homer, but I'd be just as hard on Jabril for this contract BS if he had played in Columbus, not Ann Arbor.

    As Terry Pluto said- he's not exactly endearing himself to fans with the way he's acting. Waited a day to sign the participation agreement. Agency trying to squeeze the last nickels out of the Browns (and other teams their clients were drafted by). You should realize after their dealings with Pryor- the Browns FO isn't going to budge. Peppers could have ended this crap weeks ago- I hope he's smart enough to know, you'll eventually get paid top dollar when you play like an All-Pro. The big money comes in your second contract- afraid you're not good enough to warrant that?

    Only hurting himself- and the Browns- if Williams intends to use him as a hybrid every day he sits out. Could be a wasted season. That's what concerns me- not what freaking college he went to.

    agree 100%. Same here, if he went to school in Columbus and pulled all the same shit, My posts would say the same with the exception there is no shit hole in central Ohio.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I know a lot of you made up your mind before he was drafted. Whether you'll admit it or not.

    No need to get defensive. Some may have Woody- but not me. Judgement reserved. I may be an Ohio State Homer, but I'd be just as hard on Jabril for this contract BS if he had played in Columbus, not Ann Arbor.

    As Terry Pluto said- he's not exactly endearing himself to fans with the way he's acting. Waited a day to sign the participation agreement. Agency trying to squeeze the last nickels out of the Browns (and other teams their clients were drafted by). You should realize after their dealings with Pryor- the Browns FO isn't going to budge. Peppers could have ended this crap weeks ago- I hope he's smart enough to know, you'll eventually get paid top dollar when you play like an All-Pro. The big money comes in your second contract- afraid you're not good enough to warrant that?

    Only hurting himself- and the Browns- if Williams intends to use him as a hybrid every day he sits out. Could be a wasted season. That's what concerns me- not what freaking college he went to.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I hope he's smart enough to know, you'll eventually get paid top dollar when you play like an All-Pro.

    Part of the problem about playing for the Browns is that you don't get recognized for your good play because the team sucks so bad and is so far from the national media limelight.

    I understand the $$ is important. But you're a first round pick, it's gonna be pretty big money. And by holding out you're not going to endear yourself to the coaches. I'm sure Greg Williams will be very understanding if you don't report to work for several days. He's good like that.

    The last first round pick DB to do this to us was Justin Gilbert. That didn't work out too well.

  • I know a lot of you made up your mind before he was drafted. Whether you'll admit it or not.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I know a lot of you made up your mind before he was drafted. Whether you'll admit it or not.

    If he plays like a first round pick should play it won't matter to me where he went to school. My opinion of Bosa holding out was the same as it is with Peppers. I would have been just a vocal if Bosa was a Brown.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    Right....and a lot of us were down on Bosa for holding out.....OSU player or not.....sure as hell aint gonna defend a prick just because he played at a certain college.....

    The thing about rookie holdouts now is that, to me, it's even more annoying.....look, the pay scale is pre-set....he's getting the full amount, whether he signs today or waits.....So, the hold out is due to petty bs(which is what bugs me)....it is offset language and/or guarantees, both of which protect players who dont live up to their billing......just sign and take what you earn....and if you suck, just hit the road w/o taxing your team for it....