Skip to content

Browns Board All Time NFL Draft

The Browns Board
180 15 5.1k
  • @boo-fagley said:

    All 3 are incessant meddlers who could and cannot stay out of football operations.

    Bob Kraft meddled in the draft and that is why Parcells quit.

    OK...but still.....Snyder, Jones and Kraft were fiscally responsible meddlers...Modell was not.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Im not sure what I have agreed to.

    Its like Im on the witness stand trying to defend myself for things I did not say.

    Bottom line is that you agreed that I am right. No more need be said.

    Browns Mopar is on the clock

  • PM sent to BrownsMopar

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I dont remember that.

    Alzheimers?

  • @boo-fagley said:

    No, i strive to only remember facts.

    But your Alzheimers prevents you from doing so.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I dont recall being diagnosed with Alzheimers.

    Early onset, apparently. Undiagnosed. Point is: you said that it was BBs system that has been responsible for the Pats success. I said it is the talent of Tom Brady.

    I said that if it was BBs system, then they would have been just as successful without Brady..even with Spergon Wynn.

    You said that when Bledsoe went down that Tom Brady took control of the QB spot. You said that Spergon Wynn would not have beaten out Bledsoe....but you admit that Tom Brady did.

    Ergo...it was NOT the system that BB ran......it was the talent of Tom Brady that has won for them all these years.

    You agreed with that with your implication that Wynn could not have been successful where Brady was.

    Ergo...you implicitly agree with me that it is Tom Brady's talent, not Bill B's system that is primarily responsible for their Championship success.

    If you have to write this down to remember it, that's OK.

  • Modell still gets a lot of hits.

    If you are going to slam him for being financially irresponsible, then the same insults apply to Bernie Kosar. Honestly, people celebrated what a financial wizard he was, and his bank account turned into Wargogay's.

    Modell accomplished a lot of great things, both for the NFL and for the Browns. He will forever be a bastard because he fired Paul Brown, even though it was the right decision and any owner would have done the same. Demonize the guy all you want but he brought fans a lot of great football, and he personally chose and forced the FO to take some damn good players, Greg Pruitt being one of them.

    Like it or not, the guy was an integral part of the good times. His financial woes at the end of his life, to me, were sad. That he didn't have the relationships around him with the city and state, to me draw shame on everyone involved. They all screwed us.

    This 2017 team is going to be the most pivotal ever. Another 1 - 15 performance, and you can kiss football in Cleveland goodbye. I don't see Haslam selling, as who the fuck would want to buy an NFL team after another year of failure. If these guys suck, Haslam will go into win prevention mode, not that he hasn't already been there.

    Seriously, after all the talk of analytics, youth, assests, money ball, etc.......if 2017 isn't markedly better, the stadium will be a ghost town in 2018.

    You guys got your OL, you got your avoidance of top name QB, you got your refusal of big name WRs, and RBs. If this turns out to be shit, what could the team possibly say about 2018? Seriously, after all this smoke and mirrors shit, another 1 - 15? How could the franchise ever expect someone to believe that "next year is the year".

    I am going to be supportive. I'll drink the Cool-aid, but 0 - 4 0 - 6 for sure, I'll spit it out and be done. Modell has nothing to do with this predicament.

  • OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! ~~~~ HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO FINISH THE FIRST ROUND!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??!??!?! LOL

  • I can't take it any longer... I'm gonna call it Gip! ~ With the #11 pick, the last of the first round. Brownsmopar selects- HOF WR - Jerry Rice

  • I can't take it any longer... I'm gonna call it Gip! ~ With the #11 pick, the last of the first round. Brownsmopar selects- HOF WR - Jerry Rice

    @poeticg said:

    I can't take it any longer... I'm gonna call it Gip! ~ With the #11 pick, the last of the first round. Brownsmopar selects- HOF WR - Jerry Rice

    Good pick.

  • Sorry guys pt job driving Amish has me working 12-14 hour days and in Pennsylvania's no signal zone....my bad, but retired with money is better than the vicey versey!!!

  • I can't take it any longer... I'm gonna call it Gip! ~ With the #11 pick, the last of the first round. Brownsmopar selects- HOF WR - Jerry Rice

    @poeticg said:

    I can't take it any longer... I'm gonna call it Gip! ~ With the #11 pick, the last of the first round. Brownsmopar selects- HOF WR - Jerry Rice

    Not your call to make...so at this point, I am not recording it.

  • Sorry guys pt job driving Amish has me working 12-14 hour days and in Pennsylvania's no signal zone....my bad, but retired with money is better than the vicey versey!!!

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Sorry guys pt job driving Amish has me working 12-14 hour days and in Pennsylvania's no signal zone....my bad, but retired with money is better than the vicey versey!!!

    And yet, you still did not make your pick even though you posted here. So be it. I will let the pick of Jerry Rice stand.

    (it makes the most sense anyway....if that had not been the pick made here, I would have done the same with my next pick....but now I gotta figure out who to take

  • With the 12th pick in the All Time NFL draft, the selection is:

    DICK BUTKUS, Linebacker, Chicago Bears

    (I belabored over this for several minutes...I had like a dozen candidates that I was considering. Besides Butkus there were 6QBs...Elway, Unitas, Favre, Peyton, Baugh, Marino, plus OL Bruce Matthew and Anthony Munoz, plus DL Bruce Smith and Deacon Jones, plus Ray Lewis....but go with Butkus)

    BOO is on the clock.

  • I ASSumed the jerry rice pick was recorded!!!!!!! Hence why when posting I did not pick.....grow up Aint saying sorry again!

  • I ASSumed the jerry rice pick was recorded!!!!!!! Hence why when posting I did not pick.....grow up Aint saying sorry again!

    @brownsnmopar said:

    I ASSumed the jerry rice pick was recorded!!!!!!! Hence why when posting I did not pick.....grow up Aint saying sorry again!

    OK, it just wasn't clear that you went along with it.

    TexasAg is on the clock

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    I ASSumed the jerry rice pick was recorded!!!!!!! Hence why when posting I did not pick.....grow up Aint saying sorry again!

    OK, it just wasn't clear that you went along with it.

    TexasAg is on the clock

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, it just wasn't clear that you went along with it.

    TexasAg is on the clock

    For what its worth it was Rice or Butkis. So YES I am ok with it!!

  • And #14 is Johnny F'n Football................a.k.a. ..................Johnny Unitas, QB, Baltimore Colts. 😁

    Ghoolie said he wanted OL Mike Webster @#15 if no one had him by then.

  • And #14 is Johnny F'n Football................a.k.a. ..................Johnny Unitas, QB, Baltimore Colts. 😁

    Ghoolie said he wanted OL Mike Webster @#15 if no one had him by then.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And #14 is Johnny F'n Football................a.k.a. ..................Johnny Unitas, QB, Baltimore Colts. 😁

    Ghoolie said he wanted OL Mike Webster @#15 if no one had him by then.

    I will record it thus. By the way....Webster is really not a bad pick. According to pro football reference, Webster is the #31 most productive player in NFL history. Only 3 offensive linemen were ranked ahead of him: Bruce Matthew, Anthony Munoz, and Randall McDaniel.

    Woody is on the clock

  • Another two full days dicking around waiting for Woody.