Browns Board All Time NFL Draft
-
Time to honor one of the original NFL founders and a key player that got it off the ground.
@ #24 overall from the Canton Ohio Bulldogs, all around great athlete who once kicked a 95 yard punt to win a championship game, the late, great Sac & Fox American Indian from the state of Oklahoma, Jim Thorpe RB and Punter. Titles in 1916, 1917 and 1919. Now there was a man who paved the way for that other all-around athlete, Jim Brown.
He was voted the greatest pro football player and greatest athlete of the first half of the 20th century and was inducted into the first class in the NFL Hall of Fame in 1963. Canton Mike can attest you will find his larger than life statue in the rotunda there in the HOF.
Time to honor one of the original NFL founders and a key player that got it off the ground.
@ #24 overall from the Canton Ohio Bulldogs, all around great athlete who once kicked a 95 yard punt to win a championship game, the late, great Sac & Fox American Indian from the state of Oklahoma, Jim Thorpe RB and Punter. Titles in 1916, 1917 and 1919. Now there was a man who paved the way for that other all-around athlete, Jim Brown.
He was voted the greatest pro football player and greatest athlete of the first half of the 20th century and was inducted into the first class in the NFL Hall of Fame in 1963. Canton Mike can attest you will find his larger than life statue in the rotunda there in the HOF.
Absolutely spectacular pick - kudos!
-
Time to honor one of the original NFL founders and a key player that got it off the ground.
@ #24 overall from the Canton Ohio Bulldogs, all around great athlete who once kicked a 95 yard punt to win a championship game, the late, great Sac & Fox American Indian from the state of Oklahoma, Jim Thorpe RB and Punter. Titles in 1916, 1917 and 1919. Now there was a man who paved the way for that other all-around athlete, Jim Brown.
He was voted the greatest pro football player and greatest athlete of the first half of the 20th century and was inducted into the first class in the NFL Hall of Fame in 1963. Canton Mike can attest you will find his larger than life statue in the rotunda there in the HOF.
Absolutely spectacular pick - kudos!
Absolutely spectacular pick - kudos!
Thanks Suomi-I had thought of him to be one of my picks as soon as Gip brought up the idea of naming the all-time greats.
I grew up Beaumont, Texas, the birthplace of the woman voted greatest female athlete of the 1st half of the 20th century, Babe Didrickson Zaharias. So I could not pass up her male counterpart. She was still a legend there and died when I was about 8 (though I have no memory of it).
-
Woody is on the clock somebody PM him because it seems he is to daft to keep track of this thread
-
I have the most feared WR in NFL history, and the best QB tactician in NFL history.
Now I need to add a versatile leader on defense.
I am going to draft one of the most decorated football players of all time, defender, Charles Woodson.
Young Raiders Woodson can start at CB
Seasoned, DPOY Packers Woodson can play all over the defense
Veteran Raiders Woodson can play safety while being a leader and a coach on and off the field.
A perfect pick that fills multiple holes on my team.
-
I have the most feared WR in NFL history, and the best QB tactician in NFL history.
Now I need to add a versatile leader on defense.
I am going to draft one of the most decorated football players of all time, defender, Charles Woodson.
Young Raiders Woodson can start at CB
Seasoned, DPOY Packers Woodson can play all over the defense
Veteran Raiders Woodson can play safety while being a leader and a coach on and off the field.
A perfect pick that fills multiple holes on my team.
Did he play for Ohio State?I have the most feared WR in NFL history, and the best QB tactician in NFL history.
Now I need to add a versatile leader on defense.
I am going to draft one of the most decorated football players of all time, defender, Charles Woodson.
Young Raiders Woodson can start at CB
Seasoned, DPOY Packers Woodson can play all over the defense
Veteran Raiders Woodson can play safety while being a leader and a coach on and off the field.
A perfect pick that fills multiple holes on my team.
-
Did he play for Ohio State?I have the most feared WR in NFL history, and the best QB tactician in NFL history.
Now I need to add a versatile leader on defense.
I am going to draft one of the most decorated football players of all time, defender, Charles Woodson.
Young Raiders Woodson can start at CB
Seasoned, DPOY Packers Woodson can play all over the defense
Veteran Raiders Woodson can play safety while being a leader and a coach on and off the field.
A perfect pick that fills multiple holes on my team.
Did he play for Ohio State?
Unfortunately no. Definitely should have drafted Hooker
-
Did he play for Ohio State?
Unfortunately no. Definitely should have drafted Hooker
lolUnfortunately no. Definitely should have drafted Hooker
-
I have the most feared WR in NFL history, and the best QB tactician in NFL history.
Now I need to add a versatile leader on defense.
I am going to draft one of the most decorated football players of all time, defender, Charles Woodson.
Young Raiders Woodson can start at CB
Seasoned, DPOY Packers Woodson can play all over the defense
Veteran Raiders Woodson can play safety while being a leader and a coach on and off the field.
A perfect pick that fills multiple holes on my team.
I have the most feared WR in NFL history, and the best QB tactician in NFL history.
Now I need to add a versatile leader on defense.
I am going to draft one of the most decorated football players of all time, defender, Charles Woodson.
Young Raiders Woodson can start at CB
Seasoned, DPOY Packers Woodson can play all over the defense
Veteran Raiders Woodson can play safety while being a leader and a coach on and off the field.
A perfect pick that fills multiple holes on my team.
Rod Woodson would have been a better choice. Antoine Winfield was a better pure CB. But each to his own.
-
As noted before, Marcus's father passed away, and I don't think he is back in the swing again. Ergo, on his behalf I will make a pick.
With this, again, if he comes in and wants to change it he is free to do so, as long as he has not taken someone previously selected.The pick is:
Bruce Matthews OG Houston Oilers
He had already picked a QB and a defender, so I gave him someone to protect his Joe Montana selection.
-
Poetic G is on the clock
-
Aaron Rodgers
-
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!
Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......
-
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!
Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!
Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......
Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.
-
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!
Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......
Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.
Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.
I didn't know God Bless
my childhood friend's dad just passed last friday
-
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!
Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......
Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.
Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.
Sorry-got you mixed up with Marcus. old brain cells acting up again.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login