Skip to content

Browns Board All Time NFL Draft

The Browns Board
180 15 5.1k
  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by

    I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!

    Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......

  • I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!

    Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @brownsnmopar said:

    I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!

    Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......

    Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    I'll take Thom Darden

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!

    Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......

    Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.

    I didn't know God Bless

    my childhood friend's dad just passed last friday

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not participating in this draft! I signed up for it. To those of you who have carried on Thank you! Life is my only excuse!

    Thanks Gerry aka BrownsnMopar......

    Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nothing to apologize for. We were informed about your Dad. May good memories eventually replace the loss you feel.

    Sorry-got you mixed up with Marcus. old brain cells acting up again.

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by

    For my final selection I'll take a rock for the offensive line - Anthony Munoz, OT, Cincinnati Bungles.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Excellent choice ^^^^

  • As noted before, Marcus's father passed away, and I don't think he is back in the swing again. Ergo, on his behalf I will make a pick.
    With this, again, if he comes in and wants to change it he is free to do so, as long as he has not taken someone previously selected.

    The pick is:

    Bruce Matthews OG Houston Oilers

    He had already picked a QB and a defender, so I gave him someone to protect his Joe Montana selection.

    marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    As noted before, Marcus's father passed away, and I don't think he is back in the swing again. Ergo, on his behalf I will make a pick.

    With this, again, if he comes in and wants to change it he is free to do so, as long as he has not taken someone previously selected.

    The pick is:

    Bruce Matthews OG Houston Oilers

    He had already picked a QB and a defender, so I gave him someone to protect his Joe Montana selection.

    Those are good picks. Thanks for making them for me. This was fun I wouldn't mind seeing how it would play out if were to do more rounds.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Browns Mopar is on the Clock....for the final pick.....of THIS round.

    If you all would like to continue this for another round....I am good with that. But I would change it up somewhat: A. Rounds will continue to be 32 choices....but I will not assign a choice. Anyone can make a pick...with one caveat: you cannot make two picks in a row. If you make a pick you must wait until someone else takes a pick. The second round shoujld go a lot faster this way, fair to say?

    Let me know if you think this is a good way to proceed.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    The last pick taken was on August 15th....6 days ago. So I will make Browns Mopar's pick for him. With the #33 pick of the All Time NFL draft, the selection is:

    John Elway QB, Denver Broncos

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    And here we go with round 2. As I said above, no pick assigned to anyone per se, just cannot make more that one pick at a time.:

    With the 34th pick of the NFL all Time draft, the selection is:

    Deacon Jones DE Los Angeles Rams.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    I'll play.

    #35    Austin's own Dick "Night Train" Lane-DB last with the Detroit Lions. One of the most fierce hitters ever in the NFL once had 14 interceptions in a 12 game season, but it was his later outlawed clothesline tackles that players feared most. He actually only attended a Jr. College and walked on with the LA Rams. Eventually voted in 1999 as one of the 20 all time great NFL players by The Sporting News.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    With the 36th pick, the selection is:

    Tony Gonzales  TE  Chiefs/Falcons.    He made more Pro Bowls than any other player but one that has been selected yet.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    By the way, even if you have not participated before, you are free to participate now.  Again, only two rules:  1. Obviously, you cannot pick someone who has already been taken, and 2. You can only make 1 pick at time. When you make a pick...give someone else a chance..

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    So, is this it for this thread? 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    No one else wants to post a pick?  How about this one....following TexasAg's lead. With the #37 pick in the All Time NFL draft, the selection is:

    Fritz Pollard QB  Akron Pros

    The first listed QB to ever win an NFL title....right here in my town.  And he was black.

    Akron.png

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Looks like the season has started Gip. Last one for me. No list is complete without CB Neon Deion Sanders SB winner @ both SF and Dallas

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    I select...NE TE Gronk

    He is on pace to break all records and be the GOAT. 

    You're frighteningly dull

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I select...NE TE Gronk

    He is on pace to break all records and be the GOAT. 

    You're frighteningly dull

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    You're frighteningly dull

    Maybe so....but now it is your turn to equate with him.  Go ahead and make a pick.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    With the 40th pick in the NFL All Time Draft, the selection is:

    OJ Simpson  RB  Buffalo Bills   !!!

    And come October 1st, OJ will be on the run again.