Browns Board All Time NFL Draft
-
Here we are going to do a 33 pick draft.....an All Time NFL draft. Have different people sign up.....and do a 1 round draft......1-33...in which the people in order can pick the player they want to draft. I will start on this specific thing.
You can pick ANYONE who has ever played in the NFL (or AFL).
Drafting starts when all positions are taken. For now, just choose one spot. If we don't get 32...then we can duplicate. Drafting will start when all 33 positions taken. Of course...I get the #1 spot
I am editing this post to insert all the selections now that we have started.
1. The Gipper..........Jim Brown RB Cleveland Browns
2. Boo... ................Tom Brady QB New England Patriots
3. Texas Ag............Lawrence Taylor LB NY Giants
4. Ghoolie..............Terry Bradshaw QB Pittsburgh Steelers
5. MLD Woody......Randy Moss, WR Vikings/Pats.
6. Marcus.............Joe Montana QB SF 49ers
7. Poetic G............Otto Graham QB Cleveland Browns
8. Come On Man....Reggie White DE Philadelphia Eagles
9. Bob806..............Walter Payton RB Chicago Bears
10. Suomi..............Bo Jackson RB Raiders
11. Browns Mopar...Jerry Rice WR SF 49ers
12. The Gipper.......Dick Butkus LB Chicago Bears
13. Boo?...............Bruce Smith DE Buffalo Bills.
14. Texas Ag........John Unitas QB Baltimore Colts
15. Ghoolie..........Mike Webster OC Pittsburgh Steelers
16.MLD Woody....Peyton Manning QB Colts/Broncos
17. Marcus..........Ray Lewis, LB Baltimore Ravens
18. Poetic G.......Emmit Smith RB Dallas Cowboys
19. Comeonman...Ronnie Lott DB San Francisco 49ers
20. Bob806...........Jack Lambert LB Pittsburgh Steelers
21. Suomi.............Bob Lilly DT Dallas Cowboys
22. Browns Mopar..Brett Favre QB Green Bay Packers
23. The Gipper.......Joe Thomas OT Cleveland Browns
24. Boo?..............Rodney Harrison Chargers/Pats
25. TexasAg.........Jim Thorpe...Canton Bulldogs, among others
26. Ghoolie..........John Kolb OL Pittsburgh Steelers
27. MLD Woody...Charles Woodson, FUM (as to him it did not matter what pro team he played for.)
28. Marcus..........Bruce Matthews OG Houston Oilers
29. Poetic G........Ozzie Newsome TE Cleveland Browns
30. Comeonman..Aaron Rodgers QB Green Bay Packers
31. Bob806..........Thom Darden DB Cleveland Browns
32. Suomi............Anthony Munoz OT Cincinnati Bengals
33. Browns Mopar...John Elway QB Denver Broncos
When it starts, you will be able to pick any player that has played in the history of the NFL.
I will edit this post to reflect the choices requested.
And here it will be edited further to list those players taken in "Round Two":
34. Deacon Jones DE Los Angeles Rams
35. Dick "Night Train" Lane DB Detroit Lions
36. Tony Gonzales TE Chiefs/Falcons
37. Fritz Pollard QB/HB Akron Pros
38. Deion Sanders DB Falcons/49ers/Cowboys etc.
39. Bob Gronkowski TE Patriots
40. OJ Simpson RB Buffalo Bills
41. Clay Matthews LB Cleveland Browns
42. Dan Marino QB Miami Dolphins
43. Steve Young, QB SF 49ers
44. Merlin Olsen DT Los Angeles Rams
-
#3 please.
-
8 participants so far....need 24 more. this is not nearly as hard as our other draft...you just have to choose one guy..or 2 if we don't get enough participants.
-
I'll do it. #5
My modern team will crush Gipper's vaguely athletic guys from the 40s
-
I'll do it. #5
My modern team will crush Gipper's vaguely athletic guys from the 40s
You don't get a team, you get one or two players. And name me anyone that has ever played that is capable of crushing Jim Brown....IF that is who I decide to choose (not guaranteeing it at this point). And what if I decide to crush Boo's dreams by taking Tom Brady first? He IS one of 3-4 that I am considering. (Its good to be the king and holding the #1 pick). Are you going to brag about crushing Tom Brady? HAH!

-
Well I would take Brady if he's there at 5. Arguably the greatest player in NFL history
-
If we end up with two each, then give me #32 as well. I like the idea of choosing "Mr. Irrelevant"

-
We should do SEVEN rounds and then at the end compare our assembled teams and run a vote on which team the forum thinks is the best 7 man team?
-
If we end up with two each, then give me #32 as well. I like the idea of choosing "Mr. Irrelevant"

If we end up with two each, then give me #32 as well. I like the idea of choosing "Mr. Irrelevant"

I think I will go ahead and start letting people sign up for a second pick. Not sure why some people who are posting regularly are not signing up for this very simple venture.
-
If we end up with two each, then give me #32 as well. I like the idea of choosing "Mr. Irrelevant"

I think I will go ahead and start letting people sign up for a second pick. Not sure why some people who are posting regularly are not signing up for this very simple venture.
I think I will go ahead and start letting people sign up for a second pick. Not sure why some people who are posting regularly are not signing up for this very simple venture.
Maybe because you left folks like me off of your original list?
Put me down, I'm in.
-
I think I will go ahead and start letting people sign up for a second pick. Not sure why some people who are posting regularly are not signing up for this very simple venture.
Maybe because you left folks like me off of your original list?
Put me down, I'm in.
Maybe because you left folks like me off of your original list?
Put me down, I'm in.
I didn't leave anyone off. My original list has been updated the whole way as people signed up. The only name on the original list was my own...then I added Boo...because his thread inspired this one.
I will put you down in the next slot. #9 pick. Let me know if you want another one.
-
Well I would take Brady if he's there at 5. Arguably the greatest player in NFL history
Arguably....and because of that I don't think he makes it to #5.
-
If we end up with two each, then give me #32 as well. I like the idea of choosing "Mr. Irrelevant"

I think I will go ahead and start letting people sign up for a second pick. Not sure why some people who are posting regularly are not signing up for this very simple venture.
I think I will go ahead and start letting people sign up for a second pick. Not sure why some people who are posting regularly are not signing up for this very simple venture.
Because it's pointless.
-
I think I will go ahead and start letting people sign up for a second pick. Not sure why some people who are posting regularly are not signing up for this very simple venture.
Because it's pointless.
-
I'll take a late rounder like 25 if we end up doing two
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
