Skip to content

Big Gay Soccer Thread

Barber Shop Talk
270 33 11.7k
  • BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    Cheaty spurs.

  • I don't like it tbh, just wanted a soccer stadium, money talks.

  • LondonBrown - I'm a Spurs fan also - but have only been to WHL about 5 timse sin last 10 years since moving out of London in 2003. It's really all about the Browns for me. In fcat I have been to Cleveland several more times than WHL in that time.

    Well, if teams are going to play here, might as well be under our magnificent history. πŸ™‚ Just like the Browns, we pick a club that needs to look back to the 60s for the last league achievement.

  • I'm Spurs too - went to school in Edmonton but now live near Akron. I'm Browns through my wife.

    Whatever it takes to get the stadium built tbh, I'm not really that fussed. We get to stay at WHL, so I'm happy. I'm really not interested in the NFL expanding to other countries.

  • Interesting that the grass surface will be retractable, with an artificial surface underneath, so the turf won't get destroyed.

  • Interesting that the grass surface will be retractable, with an artificial surface underneath, so the turf won't get destroyed.

    @gftchris said:

    Interesting that the grass surface will be retractable, with an artificial surface underneath, so the turf won't get destroyed.

    Yeah, I really hope they don't screw this up. I'm more interested in the impact on the area. Mind you, taking my kids over to see the Browns play at WHL would be all kinds of awesome.

  • LondonBrown - I'm a Spurs fan also - but have only been to WHL about 5 timse sin last 10 years since moving out of London in 2003. It's really all about the Browns for me. In fcat I have been to Cleveland several more times than WHL in that time.

    Well, if teams are going to play here, might as well be under our magnificent history. πŸ™‚ Just like the Browns, we pick a club that needs to look back to the 60s for the last league achievement.

    @howiedawg said:

    LondonBrown - I'm a Spurs fan also - but have only been to WHL about 5 timse sin last 10 years since moving out of London in 2003. It's really all about the Browns for me. In fcat I have been to Cleveland several more times than WHL in that time.

    Well, if teams are going to play here, might as well be under our magnificent history. πŸ™‚ Just like the Browns, we pick a club that needs to look back to the 60s for the last league achievement.

    A magnificent history indeed πŸ™‚ and hopefully this can be a springboard to further success

    I went to one Browns home game last season and one Spurs so I'm getting there πŸ˜‰

  • I'm Spurs too - went to school in Edmonton but now live near Akron. I'm Browns through my wife.

    Whatever it takes to get the stadium built tbh, I'm not really that fussed. We get to stay at WHL, so I'm happy. I'm really not interested in the NFL expanding to other countries.

    @leffe186 said:

    I'm Spurs too - went to school in Edmonton but now live near Akron. I'm Browns through my wife.

    Whatever it takes to get the stadium built tbh, I'm not really that fussed. We get to stay at WHL, so I'm happy. I'm really not interested in the NFL expanding to other countries.

    Yeah the potential move to Stratford was terrible, had to stay in Tottenham.

  • I assume this will replace the games being held in Wembly Stad.?

    And why are all you guys San Antonio fans? πŸ˜‰

  • @leffe186 said:

    I'm Spurs too - went to school in Edmonton but now live near Akron. I'm Browns through my wife.

    Whatever it takes to get the stadium built tbh, I'm not really that fussed. We get to stay at WHL, so I'm happy. I'm really not interested in the NFL expanding to other countries.

    Yeah the potential move to Stratford was terrible, had to stay in Tottenham.

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah the potential move to Stratford was terrible, had to stay in Tottenham.

    Never saw that as a good plan. Tottenham is north london. I know you want to move out of Arsenal's shadow, but I thought that was more of a figurative thing πŸ˜‰

  • I assume this will replace the games being held in Wembly Stad.?

    And why are all you guys San Antonio fans? πŸ˜‰

    @the-gipper said:

    I assume this will replace the games being held in Wembly Stad.?

    I'd assume so, which is a little surprising.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yeah the potential move to Stratford was terrible, had to stay in Tottenham.

    Never saw that as a good plan. Tottenham is north london. I know you want to move out of Arsenal's shadow, but I thought that was more of a figurative thing πŸ˜‰

    @gftchris said:

    Never saw that as a good plan. Tottenham is north london. I know you want to move out of Arsenal's shadow, but I thought that was more of a figurative thing πŸ˜‰

    Look at that!

    I love that our ground is going to be bigger than theirs even by a small amount

  • I assume this will replace the games being held in Wembly Stad.?

    And why are all you guys San Antonio fans? πŸ˜‰

    @the-gipper said:

    I assume this will replace the games being held in Wembly Stad.?

    And why are all you guys San Antonio fans? πŸ˜‰

    @gftchris said:

    Never saw that as a good plan. Tottenham is north london. I know you want to move out of Arsenal's shadow, but I thought that was more of a figurative thing πŸ˜‰

    As the stadium incorporates a permanent artificial pitch purely for the NFL it looks to me like the first step of having a London franchise.

    Would be weird when I am rooting against a Tottenham NFL team!

  • @the-gipper said:

    I assume this will replace the games being held in Wembly Stad.?

    And why are all you guys San Antonio fans? πŸ˜‰

    @gftchris said:

    Never saw that as a good plan. Tottenham is north london. I know you want to move out of Arsenal's shadow, but I thought that was more of a figurative thing πŸ˜‰

    As the stadium incorporates a permanent artificial pitch purely for the NFL it looks to me like the first step of having a London franchise.

    Would be weird when I am rooting against a Tottenham NFL team!

    @londonbrown said:

    As the stadium incorporates a permanent artificial pitch purely for the NFL it looks to me like the first step of having a London franchise.

    Would be weird when I am rooting against a Tottenham NFL team!

    If they are the London Spurs I will be rooting for them to fail at every opportunity.

  • @londonbrown said:

    As the stadium incorporates a permanent artificial pitch purely for the NFL it looks to me like the first step of having a London franchise.

    Would be weird when I am rooting against a Tottenham NFL team!

    If they are the London Spurs I will be rooting for them to fail at every opportunity.

    @gftchris said:

    If they are the London Spurs I will be rooting for them to fail at every opportunity.

    What is your problem with THFC. . .

  • @londonbrown said:

    As the stadium incorporates a permanent artificial pitch purely for the NFL it looks to me like the first step of having a London franchise.

    Would be weird when I am rooting against a Tottenham NFL team!

    If they are the London Spurs I will be rooting for them to fail at every opportunity.

    @gftchris said:

    If they are the London Spurs I will be rooting for them to fail at every opportunity.

    They won't use that name. We have the 5 time Champion San Antonio Spurs of the NBA here, so they won't repeat a name. If they do put a team there it will be something different and endemic to London/UK.

    The Knights or some such. I think we have previously postulated on various London team names.

    Several teams here have had their names voted on by the populace of a particular city......what name would you all vote for?

  • @gftchris said:

    If they are the London Spurs I will be rooting for them to fail at every opportunity.

    They won't use that name. We have the 5 time Champion San Antonio Spurs of the NBA here, so they won't repeat a name. If they do put a team there it will be something different and endemic to London/UK.

    The Knights or some such. I think we have previously postulated on various London team names.

    Several teams here have had their names voted on by the populace of a particular city......what name would you all vote for?

    @the-gipper said:

    They won't use that name. We have the 5 time Champion San Antonio Spurs of the NBA here, so they won't repeat a name. If they do put a team there it will be something different and endemic to London/UK.

    The Knights or some such. I think we have previously postulated on various London team names.

    Several teams here have had their names voted on by the populace of a particular city......what name would you all vote for?

    Could it not be the same name as the football club, Tottenham Hotspur?

  • By the way, all of the following teams had their names chosen by a fan vote of one sort or another:

    Falcons

    Ravens

    Bills

    Broncos

    Texans

    Jaguars

    Dolphins

    Patriots

    Saints

    Raiders

    Steelers

    Chargers

    Seahawks

    Buccaneers

    Titans....and even:

    The Browns

    There’s some debate about whether Cleveland’s professional football franchise was named after its first coach and general manager, Paul Brown, or after boxer Joe Louis, who was nicknamed the β€œBrown Bomber.” Team owner Mickey McBride conducted a fan contest in 1945 and the most popular submission was Browns. According to one version of the story, Paul Brown vetoed the nickname and chose Panthers instead, but a local businessman informed the team that he owned the rights to the name Cleveland Panthers. Brown ultimately agreed to the use of his name and Browns stuck.

  • @the-gipper said:

    They won't use that name. We have the 5 time Champion San Antonio Spurs of the NBA here, so they won't repeat a name. If they do put a team there it will be something different and endemic to London/UK.

    The Knights or some such. I think we have previously postulated on various London team names.

    Several teams here have had their names voted on by the populace of a particular city......what name would you all vote for?

    Could it not be the same name as the football club, Tottenham Hotspur?

    @londonbrown said:

    Could it not be the same name as the football club, Tottenham Hotspur?

    No, they won't do that. No one here knows what a Tottenham is.....just a hot toddy. There was an early practice of naming NFL teams after the same cities baseball team. That is why there are the NY Giants. The Steelers used to be the Pirates. There was actually a Cleveland Indians NFL team for a bit. Many of those teams folded, and all others but the Giants changed their name. Perhaps the NY Giants may have changed theirs as well, but the NY Giants baseball team left for San Francisco in the 50s, leaving the Giants name to the football team. The NFL will want no part of naming their team the same as a corresponding soccer team.