Skip to content

Big Gay Soccer Thread

Barber Shop Talk
270 33 11.7k
  • @ghoolie said:

    Soccer? A sport for effeminate men. A sport mostly played by homosexuals. Soccer is nothing more than Dancing With The Stars for sissy boys. How can anyone watch this schidt? 

    What you don't enjoy fake knee injuries or dramatic falls from mythical trips or dying from a toe being not really stepped on when viewed slow-mo?

    Commonist!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    What you don't enjoy fake knee injuries or dramatic falls from mythical trips or dying from a toe being not really stepped on when viewed slow-mo?

    Commonist!?

    Cathy and I were sitting at a bar a year ago and I called the soccer game on TV a Homo Hoedown. A guy next to us got upset and started talking to me about how great of a sport soccer is. Well, schidt, I am no different in person than I am here when it comes to idiots, so I started insulting soccer more and more. He got more and mroe mad and his girlfriend made a gesture to my wife that suggested that we needed to close the curtain on this topic. Not a good idea. Cathy responded, hey honey, I don't know about your man, but mine as balls and his own mind. I don't control what he says, nor do I give a schidt what he says.

    As it turned out, this guy played soccer in college with Kyle Rote Junior. When I suggested to him that Kyles first love was football, he went absolutely bonkers. Red in the face, voice crakick, outraged....HE WAS TRIGGERED. The Coup d Gras? I told him that he made my case about soccer players being like homos, certainly effeminte, by the way his panties got stuck up his twat because some guy at the bar didn't like something he liked.

    Soccer fans are homos..................soccer is homo.

  • Anybody watch Argentina vs Croatia?

  • Anybody watch Argentina vs Croatia?

    @boo-fagley said:

    Anybody watch Any of this Sh.it?

    Every time I breeze by it I watch long enough to see one of those fake rollovers holding a knee in fake agony and just change the channel.

    FIFY!?

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Anybody watch Any of this Sh.it?

    Every time I breeze by it I watch long enough to see one of those fake rollovers holding a knee in fake agony and just change the channel.

    FIFY!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Every time I breeze by it I watch long enough to see one of those fake rollovers holding a knee in fake agony and just change the channel.

    FIFY!?

    I know.

    2 minutes later they are back out running around again. I still dont get the yellow card business. Red card and youre out.

  • I see this got move.   I tried to bring it back to football with no success, so no wonder.

  • I was talking to a friend whose husband is a big soccer fan and I found this interesting. Just for the record I don't find soccer interesting at all but...

    I guess there was some TV special and coverage about the Liverpool team. I'm guessing it shared some similarities with Hard Knocks. One of the main reasons they selected Liverpool was because Americans find the Liverpool accent easier to understand because of, guess who?

    WSS

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Every time I breeze by it I watch long enough to see one of those fake rollovers holding a knee in fake agony and just change the channel.

    FIFY!?

    I know.

    2 minutes later they are back out running around again. I still dont get the yellow card business. Red card and youre out.

    @boo-fagley said:

    I know.

    2 minutes later they are back out running around again. I still dont get the yellow card business. Red card and youre out.

    😆  😮

    Screenshot_2018-06-22-10-25-41.png

  • I was talking to a friend whose husband is a big soccer fan and I found this interesting. Just for the record I don't find soccer interesting at all but...

    I guess there was some TV special and coverage about the Liverpool team. I'm guessing it shared some similarities with Hard Knocks. One of the main reasons they selected Liverpool was because Americans find the Liverpool accent easier to understand because of, guess who?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I was talking to a friend whose husband is a big soccer fan and I found this interesting. Just for the record I don't find soccer interesting at all but...

    I guess there was some TV special and coverage about the Liverpool team. I'm guessing it shared some similarities with Hard Knocks. One of the main reasons they selected Liverpool was because Americans find the Liverpool accent easier to understand because of, guess who?

    WSS

    The Beatles.

  • I was talking to a friend whose husband is a big soccer fan and I found this interesting. Just for the record I don't find soccer interesting at all but...

    I guess there was some TV special and coverage about the Liverpool team. I'm guessing it shared some similarities with Hard Knocks. One of the main reasons they selected Liverpool was because Americans find the Liverpool accent easier to understand because of, guess who?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I was talking to a friend whose husband is a big soccer fan and I found this interesting. Just for the record I don't find soccer interesting at all but...

    I guess there was some TV special and coverage about the Liverpool team. I'm guessing it shared some similarities with Hard Knocks. One of the main reasons they selected Liverpool was because Americans find the Liverpool accent easier to understand because of, guess who?

    WSS

    LeBron James....because he is part owner of the Liverpool team?

    Or would it be because my aunt,  uncle and cousins lived there?

    Or, maybe some other guys who were Liverpudlians?  Their name is bugging me.

  • I'm not trying to convince anyone to watch soccer, but if anyone wants to give it another shot... Watch the Belgium - Tunisia that ended 5-2 and was played today. 

    I think it'll be a better fit for you if you only get to like goals.

  • I remember trying to decide which sport I hated worse, Wimbledon or World Cup soccer. I decided that honor should go to World Cup soccer because of one thing. A few years ago the world championship was between France and Italy which means that the sport sucks just on its own but if I recall correctly it ended with a 0-0 tie which was broken by a kickoff or something like that.

    WSS

  • Will somebody score already so we can all go home?

    boredom.jpg

  • Will somebody score already so we can all go home?

    boredom.jpg

    @mjp28 said:

    Will somebody score already so we can all go home?

    OK-I admit it. I caught the last 30 minutes of the Columbia vs. Poland game and watching the Columbians take the game over with some awesome passing for a 3-0 win was fun to watch.

  • I'm not trying to convince anyone to watch soccer, but if anyone wants to give it another shot... Watch the Belgium - Tunisia that ended 5-2 and was played today. 

    I think it'll be a better fit for you if you only get to like goals.

    @nero said:

    I'm not trying to convince anyone to watch soccer, but if anyone wants to give it another shot... Watch the Belgium - Tunisia that ended 5-2 and was played today. 

    I think it'll be a better fit for you if you only get to like goals.

    Scoring goals isn't really the point.....it is having them play the game so that they attempt to attack the goal....which happens so rarely.  A great save is as good as a goal....but when the goalie so often just has to act like a potted plant, that is when it becomes a cure for insomnia.

  • @nero said:

    I'm not trying to convince anyone to watch soccer, but if anyone wants to give it another shot... Watch the Belgium - Tunisia that ended 5-2 and was played today. 

    I think it'll be a better fit for you if you only get to like goals.

    Scoring goals isn't really the point.....it is having them play the game so that they attempt to attack the goal....which happens so rarely.  A great save is as good as a goal....but when the goalie so often just has to act like a potted plant, that is when it becomes a cure for insomnia.

    @the-gipper said:

    Scoring goals isn't really the point.....it is having them play the game so that they attempt to attack the goal....which happens so rarely.  A great save is as good as a goal....but when the goalie so often just has to act like a potted plant, that is when it becomes a cure for insomnia.

    Yes and when some games end 0-0, 1-0, 1-1  scoring doesn't seem to be the main attraction here it's basically chasing a ball around the field that you can not touch and the occasional kick in the shins or rare bicycle kick. Sorry not exactly must see TV. 

    And until this very minute I never knew the actual players on the field (many look to me to just be standing around or running around):

    Players are divided into two basic classifications: goalkeepers and field players. Field players consist of forwards, midfielders and fullbacks. Coaches can mix and match the number of players at each position, as long as there are 11 players on the field. Sample formations include 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-2-4, etc. and are listed fullback-midfielder-forward, respectively (see diagram on other side). 

    Positions

    Goalkeeper Goalkeeper: Keeps the ball out of the goal and organizes team defense. Uses hands and arms within the penalty area. Possesses sure hands to catch, deflect, or punch shots away from the goal. Also called goalie or keeper.

    Forwards Forwards: Attack the opposition to create scoring opportunities. Take the majority of shots. Also called attackers.

    Midfielders Midfielders: Enable the transition from the fullbacks to the forward. Constantly in motion, both defending and attacking. Also called halfbacks.

    Fullbacks Fullbacks: Provide last line of defense before the goalie. Stop the opposition before a shot is taken. Some coaches assign a single defender, called a sweeper, who plays closest to his own goal behind the fullbacks.

    soccer_diagram.gif

  • USA VIEWERSHIP IN THE W. CUP DOWN 44%, no surprise there. the NFL is secure for now.

    No team USA and the time zones will keep American football securely in the popularity lead for now.

    I was watching the Atlanta United FC President and others on CNBC concerning the future of team sports. The WC is coming to the USA, Canada and Mexico in 2026 plus the NBA is doing well internationally.......it might be different in 10 to 15 years from now. We'll see......

  • The NFL is secure, no doubt.   Just think what a big boost in interest there would be in the league if the sleeping giant should awake.

    “‘Let’s reawake this sleeping giant, the Cleveland Browns,’” Dorsey said.

    Dorsey came to the Browns after helping rebuild the Kansas City Chiefs.

    Before Dorsey arrived in 2013, the Chiefs had a 2-14 record in 2012 and just one winning season over a six-year stretch. However, in Dorsey’s four years as general manager, the Chiefs qualified for the postseason three times.

    Admittedly, Dorsey is a football lifer who loves “everything about this great game,” and when the opportunity to lead the Browns came about, he jumped at the chance to write the next chapter in team history.

    “This is one of those iconic franchises, and to me, this has got to be one of the most unique fan bases in the National Football League,” Dorsey said. “To me, that’s exciting. I’ve always liked the history of the game of football, and then, when you mention the Cleveland Browns to me, it brings back vast memories.

    “I just can’t wait to try to build and establish this thing and move this thing forward. You know what we want to do? We want to be competitive every year. We want to be in the AFC North. We want to compete with these guys, year in and year out, and we’re going to do that. I can tell you that.”

  • And, oh, by the way....if the WC Final does not get at least 18 million viewers here in the US....Hoorta owes me a bottle of wine.🥷

  • The NFL is secure, no doubt.   Just think what a big boost in interest there would be in the league if the sleeping giant should awake.

    “‘Let’s reawake this sleeping giant, the Cleveland Browns,’” Dorsey said.

    Dorsey came to the Browns after helping rebuild the Kansas City Chiefs.

    Before Dorsey arrived in 2013, the Chiefs had a 2-14 record in 2012 and just one winning season over a six-year stretch. However, in Dorsey’s four years as general manager, the Chiefs qualified for the postseason three times.

    Admittedly, Dorsey is a football lifer who loves “everything about this great game,” and when the opportunity to lead the Browns came about, he jumped at the chance to write the next chapter in team history.

    “This is one of those iconic franchises, and to me, this has got to be one of the most unique fan bases in the National Football League,” Dorsey said. “To me, that’s exciting. I’ve always liked the history of the game of football, and then, when you mention the Cleveland Browns to me, it brings back vast memories.

    “I just can’t wait to try to build and establish this thing and move this thing forward. You know what we want to do? We want to be competitive every year. We want to be in the AFC North. We want to compete with these guys, year in and year out, and we’re going to do that. I can tell you that.”

    @the-gipper said:

    The NFL is secure, no doubt.   Just think what a big boost in interest there would be in the league if the sleeping giant should awake.

    “‘Let’s reawake this sleeping giant, the Cleveland Browns,’” Dorsey said.

    Dorsey came to the Browns after helping rebuild the Kansas City Chiefs.

    Before Dorsey arrived in 2013, the Chiefs had a 2-14 record in 2012 and just one winning season over a six-year stretch. However, in Dorsey’s four years as general manager, the Chiefs qualified for the postseason three times.

    Admittedly, Dorsey is a football lifer who loves “everything about this great game,” and when the opportunity to lead the Browns came about, he jumped at the chance to write the next chapter in team history.

    “This is one of those iconic franchises, and to me, this has got to be one of the most unique fan bases in the National Football League,” Dorsey said. “To me, that’s exciting. I’ve always liked the history of the game of football, and then, when you mention the Cleveland Browns to me, it brings back vast memories.

    “I just can’t wait to try to build and establish this thing and move this thing forward. You know what we want to do? We want to be competitive every year. We want to be in the AFC North. We want to compete with these guys, year in and year out, and we’re going to do that. I can tell you that.”

    Very well might be the best hire Jimmy Haslam has ever pulled off..Have we ever got the story of how Haslam pulled it off? with Sashi still sitting in Dorsey's GM seat?..All I ever read, was Dee went complete batchit on missing on AJ McCarron deal?  

  • If that's true.. Sashi does deserve our praise --- and Dee needs to shut up permanently..