Skip to content

Big Gay Soccer Thread

Barber Shop Talk
270 33 11.7k
  • @the-gipper said:

    And, oh, by the way....if the WC Final does not get at least 18 million viewers here in the US....Hoorta owes me a bottle of wine.🥷

    That should be an interesting wager. .......

    https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/world-cup/news/world-cup-final-sets-usa-television-record-with-265-million-viewers/

    The World Cup Final between Germany and Argentina set an American television record for viewers with 26.5 million over the two networks airing the game.

    • by Brian Stubits
    • Jul 15, 2014 • 1 min Add one more ratings record to the World Cup before we close the book on Brazil: The World Cup Final between Germany and Argentina was the most-watched soccer match in American history, drawing more than 26 million viewers.Chief among everything the 2014 World Cup in Brazil will be remembered for is the staggering growth of the game in the United States. More than ever before fans flocked to the television to watch the beautiful game.

    It wasn't just for the American games, either. Going back the last few World Cups, the US had been tuning in to watch the Red, White and Blue but this World Cup fans started watching other matches en masse, too. It's incredibly impressive that the final between Germany and Argentina drew more eyeballs (at least that the ratings system could measure) than USA games

    While it wasn't the most-watched game in ESPN/ABC history (that still belongs to the US with their second game against Portugal), the network had more than 17 million viewers tune in. Combined with a massive number for Television (9.2 million) and a total of 26.5 million people in the States watched Mario Gotze give Germany its first Cup in 24 years.

    Not bad for a country that "doesn't like soccer."

    No doubt it helped having the World Cup in a time zone that was friendly to the US but the fact can't be denied that Americans are growing increasingly interested in the World Cup. The trick now is making it extend to other international tournaments and club soccer.

    @mjp28 said:

    That should be an interesting wager. .......

    https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/world-cup/news/world-cup-final-sets-usa-television-record-with-265-million-viewers/

    The World Cup Final between Germany and Argentina set an American television record for viewers with 26.5 million over the two networks airing the game.

    • Not bad for a country that "doesn't like soccer."No doubt it helped having the World Cup in a time zone that was friendly to the US but the fact can't be denied that Americans are growing increasingly interested in the World Cup. The trick now is making it extend to other international tournaments and club soccer.

    Exactly mjp. Same way foreigners will watch the Super Bowl, and nothing else NFL. 

    My pal's son (age 39) regularly watches British Premier League. The legion of kids that are playing soccer will doubtless tune into the Final.

    BTW, the Final is Sunday 7\15  11AM EDT- not a lot of competition with any other sporting events in the USA. The people who will be tuning in want to watch the match. Or will tape it. There's "Breakfast at Wimbledon" for tennis.  🙂   

  • Just another soccer fag.

    Z

  • Will somebody score already so we can all go home?

    boredom.jpg

    @mjp28 said:

    Will somebody score already so we can all go home?

    boredom.jpg

     a real world cup match has broke out with 6 goals in 70th minute.Pavard's strike was just plain nasty.wake up,the flop cops are coming

  • Soccer is almost as lame as Fox News. 

  • Soccer is almost as lame as Fox News. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Soccer is almost as lame as Fox News. 

    I even find the soccer highlights boring.......except maybe people throwing beer all over each other in a boring 2-1 game.

    Interest is nil for me like those nil - nil games.  Zzzzzzzoooooo.

  • I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ....bahahahahahaha

  • I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ....bahahahahahaha

    @mld-woody said:

    I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ....bahahahahahaha

    Or Michigan Wolverine football?

  • I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ....bahahahahahaha

    @mld-woody said:

    I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ...bahahahahahaha

    The Indians just had a 9 run 3rd inning.......that's about 7-10 games in sock-her years.

    ....... 😉

    Oh correction CLEVELAND 17 cin 0 bottom 4 2 outs..... that's a whole season or two in sock-her. 😆

  • And there's no flopping in baseball.  😊

  • And there's no flopping in baseball.  😊

    @mjp28 said:

    And there's no flopping in baseball.  😊

    Because nothing happens in baseball

    Plus the flopping is overblown thanks to a few bad cases

    Plus the NFL and NBA flop

    But it's alright. The sport can die a slow death in the background

  • I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ....bahahahahahaha

    @mld-woody said:

    I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ....bahahahahahaha

    Baseball is very exciting.  Every pitch, every at bat can bring something exciting.  Soccer CAN be somewhat exciting...on the rare occasions when the teams actually attempt to attack the goal (but like I said, those times are rare)  It could be more exciting with one simple rule change.

  • @mjp28 said:

    And there's no flopping in baseball.  😊

    Because nothing happens in baseball

    Plus the flopping is overblown thanks to a few bad cases

    Plus the NFL and NBA flop

    But it's alright. The sport can die a slow death in the background

    @mld-woody said:

    Because nothing happens in baseball

    Plus the flopping is overblown thanks to a few bad cases

    Plus the NFL and NBA flop

    But it's alright. The sport can die a slow death in the background

    So, having record attendance is  a sign of having a slow death?  

    The only thing wrong with baseball is that it does not do enough to promote its stars, to get their names and faces in the spotlight. (like the NBA does) 

    There is no more likeable star than Francisco Lindor.  He should be as big a star as many/most NBA player, and as any NFL QB.   

  • @mld-woody said:

    I wish I could watch an exciting, team sport. Like baseball...

    ....bahahahahahaha

    Baseball is very exciting.  Every pitch, every at bat can bring something exciting.  Soccer CAN be somewhat exciting...on the rare occasions when the teams actually attempt to attack the goal (but like I said, those times are rare)  It could be more exciting with one simple rule change.

    @the-gipper said:

    Baseball is very exciting.  Every pitch, every at bat can bring something exciting.  Soccer CAN be somewhat exciting...on the rare occasions when the teams actually attempt to attack the goal (but like I said, those times are rare)  It could be more exciting with one simple rule change.

    Baseball is nice to spend a relaxing 2 or 3 hours, get out to the stadium have a few hot dogs, popcorn and a cold beer  it's just the nature of the game. It's not American football with hard hitting action every play.  Enjoy it, besides you know when every inning starts and ends.

    Now sock-her is nice to, go take a shower.....don't worry you won't miss any scoring!  😆

    Recess for big kids.Â