James Harrison to Skip White House Visit
-
There wasn't a clear explaination of his reason in the article but Harrison's point is "no one wanted to meet me before I was famous, I haved worked against all odds more whole life to make it to where I am. Why would I feel honored to meet some arrogant politician who had it easy their whole life?". (Of course, Obama wasn't born into a rich family the way Bush was)
Sivlerback DPOY said:
There wasn't a clear explaination of his reason in the article but Harrison's point is "no one wanted to meet me before I was famous, I haved worked against all odds more whole life to make it to where I am. Why would I feel honored to meet some arrogant politician who had it easy their whole life?". (Of course, Obama wasn't born into a rich family the way Bush was)The President of the United States of America is generally regarded as the highest ranking official in the free world. It is in this capacity that one would feel honored and accept an invitation for a formal greeting. Politics aside, this is the leader of our country. Harrisons reasoning is bankrupt of all reasoning.
-
Honestly, all the rivalry stuff aside, this is extrememly embarrassing for Pitt. I saw his interview and he comes off as a complete moron and I guarantee this will have a trickle down effect with his teammates. I'd be embarrassed as hell to have this guy as a teammate.
Great work Pittspuke, your best player last year is a roid headed Retard but I guess Pitt fan never has cared much about the character of their players anyway.
-
What a moron. This dude is stupid.
However, he came through in the Super Bowl though. Huge play. Tons of heart.
There are nicer, smarter players out there, but I would want him on the Browns. Defensive player of the year. The man comes to play.
-
Sivlerback DPOY said:
There wasn't a clear explaination of his reason in the article but Harrison's point is "no one wanted to meet me before I was famous, I haved worked against all odds more whole life to make it to where I am. Why would I feel honored to meet some arrogant politician who had it easy their whole life?". (Of course, Obama wasn't born into a rich family the way Bush was)The President of the United States of America is generally regarded as the highest ranking official in the free world. It is in this capacity that one would feel honored and accept an invitation for a formal greeting. Politics aside, this is the leader of our country. Harrisons reasoning is bankrupt of all reasoning.
The President of the United States of America is generally regarded as the highest ranking official in the free world. It is in this capacity that one would feel honored and accept an invitation for a formal greeting. Politics aside, this is the leader of our country. Harrisons reasoning is bankrupt of all reasoning.
Harrison didn't take the invite personally. He said that Obama would have invited the Cards if they won. He doesn't feel that a game should dictate whether or not you can meet the president. He feels the president just does it cuz its just something he is supposed to do. Harrison doesn't want to waste his time doing something he isn't thrilled about soing. Plus he already missed one day of working out this offseason. He doesn't want to miss another.
-
@inspecta said:
You find it funny that we are making fun of (and justifiably so) of your roid monkey Harrison?Dude, there won't be a sports fan in the world who won't make fun of him once news of this starts to spread.
I can't wait to hear them rip him to shreds on PTI.
What a complete and utter dumbshit...
I wish I was able to make others out to be they way I want them to be, even though my way can't even be backed up by facts.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
I wish I was able to make others out to be they way I want them to be, even though my way can't even be backed up by facts.Semenback what the hell are you doing back here? Don't you have a brother you should be screwing?
-
Sivlerback DPOY said:
I wish I was able to make others out to be they way I want them to be, even though my way can't even be backed up by facts.Semenback what the hell are you doing back here? Don't you have a brother you should be screwing?
Semenback what the hell are you doing back here? Don't you have a brother you should be screwing?
I am enjoying watching people's brains explode at the first sign of common sense!
-
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
Silly James.... What do you expect of a Kid from Akron , and Educated at Kent State University ?YOu are correct, so many of the Ohio boys end up in Pitt, the list is endless. The second they get there they turn into morons. I wonder why that is?
-
@inspecta said:
Are you suggesting that you've offered up common sense in this thread?Hahahaha....
Every President for the last 40 or so years has met with the champions of the major sports. It's an American tradition, you are the best team therefore you get to meet the president.
By making the statement "He would be meeting with the cards if they had one" is so obvious you have to wonder why in the world Harrison thinks he's making a profound statement....utterly ridiculous.
Frankly I'm amazed you knuckle draggers are even attempting to spin this, and I've seen you spin some really gross shit. This one however, takes the cake.
I am still trying to figure out the Harrison comments myself. Its the rediculous things a few people on here are saying that are made for the sole purpose of them being able to make themselves feel better about their own team by making there senseless world a reality.
-
@inspecta said:
WTF did you just say?Seriously dude, wake up. Let's say the Cards did win the title, and Boldin came out and made the same exact statement. Do you really think we'd be cool with it? Hell no, we'd be giving him hell as well.
But no, you want to believe it's our hatred of Pittsburgh that's driving these insults. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Face it dude, you have a roided up, self centered woman beater as the face of your franchise. But it stands to reason you sister-humping inbred mongoloids would hoist that up as a standard to live up to.
Face it, just becuase you say it doesn't mean any of it is true...
-
Honestly, all the rivalry stuff aside, this is extrememly embarrassing for Pitt. I saw his interview and he comes off as a complete moron and I guarantee this will have a trickle down effect with his teammates. I'd be embarrassed as hell to have this guy as a teammate.
Great work Pittspuke, your best player last year is a roid headed Retard but I guess Pitt fan never has cared much about the character of their players anyway.
but I guess Pitt fan never has cared much about the character of their players anyway.
That's a little unfounded even when criticizing the most hated of rivals. The Rooney's are known for a quality organization with integrity, no matter how much we bust their balls, it's undeniable. Is the man a neanderthal? Undeniable. I'm embarassed for them and their association, one can hope they show a little class and formally reprimand him in public, but that doesn't mean that they just don't care about character, that's monopolized by the Cowgirls and Ratbirds...
-
@inspecta said:
you have a roided up, self centered woman beater as the face of your franchise. But it stands to reason you sister-humping inbred mongoloids would hoist that up as a standard to live up to.He is a prominent face of the franchise after his success last year, and the sucks for Pitt until the distance themselves, or push him to the background. Meanwhile makes for a great target.
-
This has to totally suck for Steeler fan, and I really mean that.
One of the biggest choady maneuvers ever, but even more shocking is how the Pitt folk are rationalizing it. But why should we be surprised?
Can all their fans be this stupid?
-
This has to totally suck for Steeler fan, and I really mean that.
One of the biggest choady maneuvers ever, but even more shocking is how the Pitt folk are rationalizing it. But why should we be surprised?
Can all their fans be this stupid?
-
@inspecta said:
And conversely it doesn't mean its not true.See how that game works?
Everything in the story including his own words says what I am saying is true. Get it?
They problem is, you will believe anything as fact just because you wish it was a fact. You WANT to believe Harrison isn't the best defensive player in the league so you make up some lame excuse. My best explanation for your denial is jealousy or envy, but that’s just my guess. In your world where everything is how you want it, it somehow makes sense. When you have to validate any of your claims you do one of three things: 1) Simply repeat the claim 2) Throw out personal attacks, name call, insult, basically just act ridiculous. 3) Use a very broad statement, false cause and effect, or an exaggeration of the truth as an undisputable evidence for your claim. You do #3 most often. Although, when you do this, you get nothing but support and cheers from most of the other board members. That gives you false confidence and prevents you from understanding just how ridiculous you often act. (random added in note= most of you will try to deny reading this) I try to show you some ways you can improve your arguments, but you are too much in denial to accept the way you are. When I mock what you do in other posts you quickly pick up on how the logic actually contains no logic at all. You refuse to accept you are that way. Although, I think I am reading way too much into this. Personally, I think you believe nonsense like this is fun to partake in.
-
Yes, Harrison made a stupid remark. He is probably not the brightest person. Probably not a model citizen also.
The Steelers put out a tough team year after year. The Rooneys were named the best owners in the NFL. They have won more Super Bowls than any other team.
We want to be as successful as the Steelers. If, as a Browns fan, you wouldn't trade the past 40 seasons for the Steeler success, you're not being honest with yourself.
Harrison is dumb. But he's not paid to make smart comments. He's paid to pick off a pass in the endzone, during the Superbowl and return it 100 yards for a game changing touchdown.
I'll get lambasted because I'm saying something positive about the Steelers. But I give credit where credit is due. (and I don't give it when it's not due, which ticks people here off)
-
I'm disgusted by the behavior of Harrison but worse yet Steeler fan in this thread.
-
'll get lambasted because I'm saying something positive about the Steelers. But I give credit where credit is due. (and I don't give it when it's not due, which ticks people here off)
I've never seen you make an actual football take. It's very possible you don't know a single thing about football and are just here because you are miserable. That is my take. Try explaining why instead of just chiding anything anybody says and then you may get a shroud of respect. There are guys that really know football on this board who share their time and contribute greatly, what you do is act like a little whiner who has nothing to say except act like those same guys that make those posts are a bunch of morons.
Let's hear what you got to say there guy. It's not really tough to sit back chide others when you have nothing to contribute.
-
Yes, Harrison made a stupid remark. He is probably not the brightest person. Probably not a model citizen also.
The Steelers put out a tough team year after year. The Rooneys were named the best owners in the NFL. They have won more Super Bowls than any other team.
We want to be as successful as the Steelers. If, as a Browns fan, you wouldn't trade the past 40 seasons for the Steeler success, you're not being honest with yourself.
Harrison is dumb. But he's not paid to make smart comments. He's paid to pick off a pass in the endzone, during the Superbowl and return it 100 yards for a game changing touchdown.
I'll get lambasted because I'm saying something positive about the Steelers. But I give credit where credit is due. (and I don't give it when it's not due, which ticks people here off)
The Soldier said:
Yes, Harrison made a stupid remark. He is probably not the brightest person. Probably not a model citizen also.The Steelers put out a tough team year after year. The Rooneys were named the best owners in the NFL. They have won more Super Bowls than any other team.
We want to be as successful as the Steelers. If, as a Browns fan, you wouldn't trade the past 40 seasons for the Steeler success, you're not being honest with yourself.
Harrison is dumb. But he's not paid to make smart comments. He's paid to pick off a pass in the endzone, during the Superbowl and return it 100 yards for a game changing touchdown.
I'll get lambasted because I'm saying something positive about the Steelers. But I give credit where credit is due. (and I don't give it when it's not due, which ticks people here off)
Most NFL players probably aren't that smart. Although, I still give them credit for finding their strength, becoming extremely dedicated and have a successful career. I bet they don't care they geometry or most of the major Surpreme Court cases. To them, that information is essentially useless. They don't need to know it to make way more money than the people who know it. The biggest reason you need to have intelligence is so you can go to college and have a good career. This isn't really a good thing, but Harrison and a bunch of other players will be making much more money than any doctor this year.
-
-
The President of the United States of America is generally regarded as the highest ranking official in the free world. It is in this capacity that one would feel honored and accept an invitation for a formal greeting. Politics aside, this is the leader of our country. Harrisons reasoning is bankrupt of all reasoning.
Harrison didn't take the invite personally. He said that Obama would have invited the Cards if they won. He doesn't feel that a game should dictate whether or not you can meet the president. He feels the president just does it cuz its just something he is supposed to do. Harrison doesn't want to waste his time doing something he isn't thrilled about soing. Plus he already missed one day of working out this offseason. He doesn't want to miss another.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
Harrison didn't take the invite personally. He said that Obama would have invited the Cards if they won. He doesn't feel that a game should dictate whether or not you can meet the president. He feels the president just does it cuz its just something he is supposed to do. Harrison doesn't want to waste his time doing something he isn't thrilled about soing. Plus he already missed one day of working out this offseason. He doesn't want to miss another.This thread has a very icky dirty feel to it with all the steeler trolls commenting. It is a very simple, clear cut statement that your boy has made. His independance from respect for his country has drawn the ire of not only Browns fans but from the citizens of the greatest nation in the world. I hope that his displeasure with America will encourage him to find the second best country that will accept him. Great football player or not you diss The USA and in my opinion your public enemy #1.
It's about time people start showing respect for there leaders, elders, teachers and public servants despite their selfess, conceited views. I digress and i know Harrison is not the first to pull this routine but it is a embarrasment to the NFL.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đŸ’—
Register Login