Terrell Davis: The Big Pussy
-
Setzer is indeed good. Very versitile. Always liked the guy.
Since I went to see him live again last night- What's your opinion of Lindsey Buckingham? MHO- under rated. (not in anyone's top 10, but very good) Fer sure, The Mac had some of the best songwriting talent short of the Beatles and maybe the Stones.
Since I went to see him live again last night- What's your opinion of Lindsey Buckingham? MHO- under rated. (not in anyone's top 10, but very good) Fer sure, The Mac had some of the best songwriting talent short of the Beatles and maybe the Stones.
Another nice player. He was melodic and his junk always embellished songs. I wouldn't call him a technically masterfull player, but his sense of composition and arrangement was very very good. Elliot Easton was another very good musical guitarist.
-
There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.
You got that right- forgot where I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube. And me and Ghoolie have been down the road discussing this youngster when she was 16. If you like, skip to the 2 minute mark and watch a perfect cover of Van Halen's Eruption.
As Tom pointed out- it doesn't matter if you can play anything, the guys raking in the big bucks are the great songwriters. John Fogarty is a so-so guitar player- but man, can he write songs.

You got that right- forgot where I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube. And me and Ghoolie have been down the road discussing this youngster when she was 16. If you like, skip to the 2 minute mark and watch a perfect cover of Van Halen's Eruption.
As Tom pointed out- it doesn't matter if you can play anything, the guys raking in the big bucks are the great songwriters. John Fogarty is a so-so guitar player- but man, can he write songs.

Once this chick gets hair on her snatch she is really gonna be something.
-
Fantastic for 3 years only played 4, not a HOFer
Fantastic for 3 years only played 4, not a HOFer
Yes, he is. He was inducted Saturday (I assuming you mean Terrelle Davis). You are either pregnant or you're not. He is pregnant.
(whether you believe it is warranted is another matter.....but in the opinion of those who count...it was warranted)
-
There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.
You got that right- forgot where I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube. And me and Ghoolie have been down the road discussing this youngster when she was 16. If you like, skip to the 2 minute mark and watch a perfect cover of Van Halen's Eruption.
As Tom pointed out- it doesn't matter if you can play anything, the guys raking in the big bucks are the great songwriters. John Fogarty is a so-so guitar player- but man, can he write songs.

... I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube.
Year ago I stumbled into a Houston club by happenstance and caught The Amazing Royal Crowns, a punk-rockabilly band. Not my thing, but they had a guitarist who was the fastest I'd ever seen... and he was clean to boot. Dude was called "The Colonel". Per google his name is Johnny Maguire. Curious whether any of you aficionados have heard of him...
One I'm listening to now is Austin's most recent bluesman... Gary Clark, Jr.
-
Lets face it...TD was a good player but not a great player. Ya he played on some good teams and had an amazing season but he doesn't deserve the gold jacket.
After years of having other HOFers advocate for his induction he finally gets in. He does nothing but cut down players and teams so..pay backs a bitch.
Lets face it...TD was a good player but not a great player. Ya he played on some good teams and had an amazing season but he doesn't deserve the gold jacket.
After years of having other HOFers advocate for his induction he finally gets in. He does nothing but cut down players and teams so..pay backs a bitch.
Even with a good team around you, you don't get to 2000 yards in a season being a good but not great player.
-
-
Writing great songs is one thing and being a guitar master is another. Some people think "like a rolling Stone" is the greatest rock song. Certainly rolling Stone magazine named it as such and Dylan made his career on great songs...but they're intermediate guitar parts at best. Same with "American pie" and countless other great songs. Guitar virtuosity is not necessarily always appreciated. For instance I find Steve vai mostly unlistenable.
-
This guy is pretty great at guitar but I can't imagine he's sold many records -
This guy is pretty great at guitar but I can't imagine he's sold many recordsThis guy is pretty great at guitar but I can't imagine he's sold many records
1) He plays with a scalloped finger board, *raisted frets, fingers never touch the fretboard
2) I dated his ex GF Mistress M7, well, kind of. Long story, but, no shit. Great, girl. Crazy, had has her share of trouble. But WOW WOW WOW..........................Ghoolie know how to pick em.
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/belle-of-the-ball-gag-6432774
-
Should this be moved to the entertainment forum?
-
Nice guitar thread.
If one of you mods aren't busy tonight maybe you can make a new thread and move them all there?

That would be nice.
-
Oh, sorry does your butthole hurt because we're not talking about Terrell Davis?
No but I'd hate to see the gitars get lost on this thread. And who's Terrell Davis?

-
Should this be moved to the entertainment forum?
Should this be moved to the entertainment forum?
I thought it was pretty entertaining.
. It's still preseason. -
Fantastic for 3 years only played 4, not a HOFer
Fantastic for 3 years only played 4, not a HOFer
He played 7 years.....and gained over 7000 yds.......almost a full career and more than 1000 per season.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login