Skip to content

Josh Gordon

The Browns Board
353 59 15.2k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    From reddit...

    I hit up Josh Gordon last night on snap and we talked for a minute and said he's done everything the NFLs asked and expects to be reinstated soon.That is all Josh told me and he asked me to not screenshot so out of respect i didn't. I told him thanks for spending the 2 minutes or so to talk to me and he left me on read but I appreciate his time and the update none the less. Many of you won't believe me which is fine. I'm not trying to prove anything. Just wait a few days. Everyone needs to have a little patience with this situation.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I'm going to take a giant stab in the dark and guess that PoG was a HUGE Johnny Football fan too.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Derek Carr should have been our first pick.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast. 

  • Derek Carr should have been our first pick.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Derek Carr should have been our first pick.

    Or they could have taken him at #22 (or #26 or wherever they were before they moved to #22).

  • Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast. 

    1. Definitely agree with Mack. I wasn't real high on Honey Badger for multiple reasons, to be honest.

    2. That's probably true. You aren't setting the bar real high.

    3. Eh on Haden. Won't shock me to hear he's been very mediocre for the Steelers or that he ends up on IR again.

    4. Hogan to me is Kessler Part Deux, a guy who will be prepared and will give you a solid effort every time, but is limited physically and most likely is a fringe starter/solid backup QB for years. Browns QBs don't have a long shelf life regarding their health, so you probably will get your wish for Hogan to start relatively soon.

    5. You aren't the only one on here who has this peculiar Stockholm Syndrome thing for Josh Gordon.

    6. Calling someone a "beast" who is currently on a practice squad made me chuckle. Thanks for that!

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Yeah, we had the chance. Blew it. 

    I got the same vibes from Hogan as I did from Carr. 

    Start that man. He's gonna be good. 

    We should have just paid Terrell Pryor to stay here too. 

    I would have liked to see Carr(or Hogan) as the QB.

    WRs- Gordon, Pryor and Coleman in the slot with Higgins/Ricardo bringing up the #4/5 spots

    It would be nice to get a Blue chip RB, I liked both Fournette and McCafferey. Thought that it would be interesting reuniting McC and Hogan in the NFL, they had some good offense in college. Crow and Duke will work for now. 

  • Yeah, we had the chance. Blew it. 

    I got the same vibes from Hogan as I did from Carr. 

    Start that man. He's gonna be good. 

    We should have just paid Terrell Pryor to stay here too. 

    I would have liked to see Carr(or Hogan) as the QB.

    WRs- Gordon, Pryor and Coleman in the slot with Higgins/Ricardo bringing up the #4/5 spots

    It would be nice to get a Blue chip RB, I liked both Fournette and McCafferey. Thought that it would be interesting reuniting McC and Hogan in the NFL, they had some good offense in college. Crow and Duke will work for now. 

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    . Crow and Duke will work for now. 

    These 2 are vastly underused......and Duke could beshould be) a star if they just used him right....and often....

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Besides that though, he's smart too- much like Carr. Hogan called his protections and gave his lineman the assignments in college. He's called the plays and the audibles in the big games and under pressure. He's put in more time than Kizer has and he's therefor the better QB. He was the starter for 4 years after Andrew Luck went to the NFL. He had big shoes to fill and nobody would have blamed him if he wasn't able to fill them, he not filled those shoes but he left an even bigger footprint when he left.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    What did or has Kizer done? He's an inch taller than Hogan and can throw hard... Hogan is egregiously underrated as a runner- he's quick, and he can throw on the run very well. 

    So when people seem to think that Kizer is on a different level than Hogan physically... I've gotta chuckle. 

  • I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.

    Kizer has a big arm.

    Hogan has a long, baseball pitcher-like windup delivery and an average arm at best.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Dude. What are you watching? You have to be kidding. Hogan doesn't rocket the ball at the turf or at a WR like Kizer does- not because he can't but because he's throwing a CATCHABLE BALL for the WR to make a play on it and get YAC. It's not because he can't.

  • Dude. What are you watching? You have to be kidding. Hogan doesn't rocket the ball at the turf or at a WR like Kizer does- not because he can't but because he's throwing a CATCHABLE BALL for the WR to make a play on it and get YAC. It's not because he can't.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Dude. What are you watching? You have to be kidding. Hogan doesn't rocket the ball at the turf or at a WR like Kizer does- not because he can't but because he's throwing a CATCHABLE BALL for the WR to make a play on it and get YAC. It's not because he can't.

    His NFL career stats has him at 51.4 completion percentage with one touchdown and three interceptions, a 45.1 QB rating.

    Maybe if he tossed the ball underhanded to his receivers he'd throw an even more CATCHABLE BALL for his WR to make a play on it and get YAC.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    His NFL career hasn't even started yet. 

  • His NFL career hasn't even started yet. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    His NFL career hasn't even started yet. 

    And yet you can go on and on about what a wonderful talent he is and how he'll do wonderful things if given the chance. Interesting.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Kizer sucks.

  • dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by

    After two games, really?

  • After two games, really?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @dawg2fan said:

    After two games, really?

    His complexion is a little too dark for DieHard's preference. #MAWA

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    I heard it said here more than once that Hogan has a long wind-up and other absurd proclamations... but in reality I don't see any issue with the way Hogan delivers the football. 

    In fact, it's Kizer that STARES down the player he's going to throw it to. He's decided who he's going to throw to before he even snaps the ball. He'll straight stare that guy down and if he's covered Kizer freezes and then starts to look for a running lane. 

    Hogan, truth be told, is the QB that every time he's gotten onto the field, be it the Brown and Orange Scrimmage, the few times he got in during Pre-Season and now in this last game, he's been the QB reading the Defense, going through his progression and actually "seeing the field".