Josh Gordon
-
Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast.
-
-
Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast.
Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast.
1. Definitely agree with Mack. I wasn't real high on Honey Badger for multiple reasons, to be honest.
2. That's probably true. You aren't setting the bar real high.
3. Eh on Haden. Won't shock me to hear he's been very mediocre for the Steelers or that he ends up on IR again.
4. Hogan to me is Kessler Part Deux, a guy who will be prepared and will give you a solid effort every time, but is limited physically and most likely is a fringe starter/solid backup QB for years. Browns QBs don't have a long shelf life regarding their health, so you probably will get your wish for Hogan to start relatively soon.
5. You aren't the only one on here who has this peculiar Stockholm Syndrome thing for Josh Gordon.
6. Calling someone a "beast" who is currently on a practice squad made me chuckle. Thanks for that!
-
Yeah, we had the chance. Blew it.
I got the same vibes from Hogan as I did from Carr.
Start that man. He's gonna be good.
We should have just paid Terrell Pryor to stay here too.
I would have liked to see Carr(or Hogan) as the QB.
WRs- Gordon, Pryor and Coleman in the slot with Higgins/Ricardo bringing up the #4/5 spots
It would be nice to get a Blue chip RB, I liked both Fournette and McCafferey. Thought that it would be interesting reuniting McC and Hogan in the NFL, they had some good offense in college. Crow and Duke will work for now.
-
Yeah, we had the chance. Blew it.
I got the same vibes from Hogan as I did from Carr.
Start that man. He's gonna be good.
We should have just paid Terrell Pryor to stay here too.
I would have liked to see Carr(or Hogan) as the QB.
WRs- Gordon, Pryor and Coleman in the slot with Higgins/Ricardo bringing up the #4/5 spots
It would be nice to get a Blue chip RB, I liked both Fournette and McCafferey. Thought that it would be interesting reuniting McC and Hogan in the NFL, they had some good offense in college. Crow and Duke will work for now.
-
I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.
-
Besides that though, he's smart too- much like Carr. Hogan called his protections and gave his lineman the assignments in college. He's called the plays and the audibles in the big games and under pressure. He's put in more time than Kizer has and he's therefor the better QB. He was the starter for 4 years after Andrew Luck went to the NFL. He had big shoes to fill and nobody would have blamed him if he wasn't able to fill them, he not filled those shoes but he left an even bigger footprint when he left.
-
What did or has Kizer done? He's an inch taller than Hogan and can throw hard... Hogan is egregiously underrated as a runner- he's quick, and he can throw on the run very well.
So when people seem to think that Kizer is on a different level than Hogan physically... I've gotta chuckle.
-
I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.
I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.
Kizer has a big arm.
Hogan has a long, baseball pitcher-like windup delivery and an average arm at best.
-
Dude. What are you watching? You have to be kidding. Hogan doesn't rocket the ball at the turf or at a WR like Kizer does- not because he can't but because he's throwing a CATCHABLE BALL for the WR to make a play on it and get YAC. It's not because he can't.
Dude. What are you watching? You have to be kidding. Hogan doesn't rocket the ball at the turf or at a WR like Kizer does- not because he can't but because he's throwing a CATCHABLE BALL for the WR to make a play on it and get YAC. It's not because he can't.
His NFL career stats has him at 51.4 completion percentage with one touchdown and three interceptions, a 45.1 QB rating.
Maybe if he tossed the ball underhanded to his receivers he'd throw an even more CATCHABLE BALL for his WR to make a play on it and get YAC.
-
-
Kizer sucks.
-
After two games, really?
-
-
I heard it said here more than once that Hogan has a long wind-up and other absurd proclamations... but in reality I don't see any issue with the way Hogan delivers the football.
In fact, it's Kizer that STARES down the player he's going to throw it to. He's decided who he's going to throw to before he even snaps the ball. He'll straight stare that guy down and if he's covered Kizer freezes and then starts to look for a running lane.
Hogan, truth be told, is the QB that every time he's gotten onto the field, be it the Brown and Orange Scrimmage, the few times he got in during Pre-Season and now in this last game, he's been the QB reading the Defense, going through his progression and actually "seeing the field".
-
Josh Gordon.
Where the hell is Gordon's reinstatement. It's unfair to tell the young man that you can reapply in the Fall and now and now here we are, we need answers.
If he's stayed clean, if he's done what the NFL has asked of him, they need to let him play or they are sending mixed messages.
You can't expect people to get the help they need if they are going to continue to be punished for it. How long does the NFL plan to keep dragging this kids life and livelihood through the ringer. Since he's clean and actually not in the league right now, if they reinstate him he should be given a clean slate. No more of this shit of bringing up past. He's served his time and now he needs to be done with the taking of hundreds of piss tests.
-
unbelievable.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login