Josh Gordon
-
Yea, I tagged this as I really didn't see how his Agent would know more than anyone else about this - especially after Goodell said he wasn't even looking into it a week or two earlier.
It may happen eventually, but this timeline laid out was just a bit too much, and at this point in things . . . not sure it matters.
-
Where the hell is Gordon's reinstatement. It's unfair to tell the young man that you can reapply in the Fall and now and now here we are, we need answers.
Fall started when...a day ago?
Roger GoToHell is pissed (great choice of word here
) at Gordon. As much as I hate Roger, he went out on a limb for Haslam and Gordon by letting him attend meetings and learn the playbook only to have Gordon fuck up again and run himself into some rehab center. Nope, GoToHell is going to put Gordon through hell.
Fall started when...a day ago?
Roger GoToHell is pissed (great choice of word here
) at Gordon. As much as I hate Roger, he went out on a limb for Haslam and Gordon by letting him attend meetings and learn the playbook only to have Gordon fuck up again and run himself into some rehab center. Nope, GoToHell is going to put Gordon through hell.
I'm sure Gordon told Goodell at the last meeting, "I'm good, I've cleaned up my act, ready to play football." Then he proceeds to as Orion said ^^^^^ I doubt Roger has forgotten it. He's got to apply for reinstatement PO, it's not something that's just going to be handed to him. I think it may happen- eventually. You can take this one to the bank, this will absolutely be Josh's last chance if he gets back in, even his trainer admits as much. It's stay clean, or reapply for that auto salesman's gig.
-
I get it. But at the same time, how long can Goodell keep punishing Gordon before it is extreme.
Goodell's been asked about Gordon by Browns Fans when he was in Canton. It's been all over the news. He's known it was coming. He should have had an answer available earlier already.
There is no excuse for him to act like it's a surprise and he was unaware this was coming. Either tell the kid back in March when he reapplied that:
A)We're not letting you get back in the league, ever. So quit asking.
B)You can rejoin the team before the first regular season game if you pass tests A, B and C.
C)You can rejoin the team after you served another 4 game suspension that you already served last season but since you made me look like an ass after helping you out, you can serve another one this year and if after that you can pass tests A, B and C- you'll be reinstated for week 5.
But to say, "I don't have anything on my desk." and when he has time, if he feels like it, he'll try to review it, maybe decide when he feels like it... that's frustrating, for the player, the team and the fans.
-
I get it. But at the same time, how long can Goodell keep punishing Gordon before it is extreme.
Goodell's been asked about Gordon by Browns Fans when he was in Canton. It's been all over the news. He's known it was coming. He should have had an answer available earlier already.
There is no excuse for him to act like it's a surprise and he was unaware this was coming. Either tell the kid back in March when he reapplied that:
A)We're not letting you get back in the league, ever. So quit asking.
B)You can rejoin the team before the first regular season game if you pass tests A, B and C.
C)You can rejoin the team after you served another 4 game suspension that you already served last season but since you made me look like an ass after helping you out, you can serve another one this year and if after that you can pass tests A, B and C- you'll be reinstated for week 5.
But to say, "I don't have anything on my desk." and when he has time, if he feels like it, he'll try to review it, maybe decide when he feels like it... that's frustrating, for the player, the team and the fans.
I get it. But at the same time, how long can Goodell keep punishing Gordon before it is extreme.
C) You can rejoin the team after you served another 4 game suspension that you already served last season but since you made me look like an ass after helping you out, you can serve another one this year and if after that you can pass tests A, B and C- you'll be reinstated for week 5.
But to say, "I don't have anything on my desk." and when he has time, if he feels like it, he'll try to review it, maybe decide when he feels like it... that's frustrating, for the player, the team and the fans.
I think option "C" is the correct one PO.
Josh has done a great job of punishing himself, don't blame it on Goodell.
Don't forget- the Browns have to want him back too.
-
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-nothing-josh-gordon-status-141111851.html decided on Crown Royal Game day & mailing Poe the purple bag for his magic beans
-
I get it. But at the same time, how long can Goodell keep punishing Gordon before it is extreme.
C) You can rejoin the team after you served another 4 game suspension that you already served last season but since you made me look like an ass after helping you out, you can serve another one this year and if after that you can pass tests A, B and C- you'll be reinstated for week 5.
But to say, "I don't have anything on my desk." and when he has time, if he feels like it, he'll try to review it, maybe decide when he feels like it... that's frustrating, for the player, the team and the fans.
I think option "C" is the correct one PO.
Josh has done a great job of punishing himself, don't blame it on Goodell.
Don't forget- the Browns have to want him back too.
Don't forget- the Browns have to want him back too.
...and I don't think Haslam or Hue WANT him back after his last episode. But the reality is, their receiver corps is quite the mess so they NEED him back.
Let's face it. Coleman's injured and maybe gone for the year. Britt is jogging around out there and the only way he gets open is by pushing the DB out of the way (what's he got, 2 penalties for doing that?). Aside from that we've got big lumbering TE's....and Higgins who's had one decent day in 2 years. In as much as they might want to tell Josh to go bang his ass on a sharp rock, they can't. They need his ass.
-
Don't forget- the Browns have to want him back too.
...and I don't think Haslam or Hue WANT him back after his last episode. But the reality is, their receiver corps is quite the mess so they NEED him back.
Let's face it. Coleman's injured and maybe gone for the year. Britt is jogging around out there and the only way he gets open is by pushing the DB out of the way (what's he got, 2 penalties for doing that?). Aside from that we've got big lumbering TE's....and Higgins who's had one decent day in 2 years. In as much as they might want to tell Josh to go bang his ass on a sharp rock, they can't. They need his ass.
-
so that makes Gordon a butthead. The Browns need the player that Gordon COULD have been.
an asset that can't/won't stay out of trouble, is a rotten asset. His excuses are old, if he does get
re-instated, it would be some weeks before he is in football shape? Just say "NO" to one more time.
-
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-nothing-josh-gordon-status-141111851.html decided on Crown Royal Game day & mailing Poe the purple bag for his magic beans
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-nothing-josh-gordon-status-141111851.html decided on Crown Royal Game day & mailing Poe the purple bag for his magic beans
From the article- exactly what I've been telling PO.
"This means that an application for reinstatement still needs to be made. If/when it happens, a process with no mandatory timeline and no specific rules or requirements will commence, with the league deciding whether Gordon should be reinstated without any mandates or other factors that would control the process. Basically, the league has the power under the substance-abuse policy to do whatever it wants, whenever it wants."
-


-
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-nothing-josh-gordon-status-141111851.html decided on Crown Royal Game day & mailing Poe the purple bag for his magic beans
From the article- exactly what I've been telling PO.
"This means that an application for reinstatement still needs to be made. If/when it happens, a process with no mandatory timeline and no specific rules or requirements will commence, with the league deciding whether Gordon should be reinstated without any mandates or other factors that would control the process. Basically, the league has the power under the substance-abuse policy to do whatever it wants, whenever it wants."
"This means that an application for reinstatement still needs to be made.
Gordo can't spell application
Does he have a Agent yet? Last I read Drew Rousenhaus dropped him? Than TMZ reported, Josh with $$ issues needed a agent that trusted him enough to FRONTEND him Money$$?? Enjoy The Win Today(send the wife to fill up car 4th qtr.
)
-
-
He is, or he was a Pro Bowl wide receiver, he will be again.

When Josh gets back it's going to be a huge boost to the team.
Getting Gordon, Collins, Garrett and Coleman back are going to be significant. Full sail ahead.
-
Haslam should march his hillbilly crooked ass into Goodells office and DEMAND he quit fucking around and reinstate him. I sure the hell would if I owned this team. He fucked up multi times yes, hes done what was asked so put him back on the field.
Brad Evans laying some rumor out there
-
Haslam should march his hillbilly crooked ass into Goodells office and DEMAND he quit fucking around and reinstate him. I sure the hell would if I owned this team. He fucked up multi times yes, hes done what was asked so put him back on the field.
Brad Evans laying some rumor out there
-
Man, I can't wait until Josh gets back.
Please try to remember that he was 20-21 years old, the same age as Kizer when he came into the league. He's grown so much as a person, both physically and mentally. Josh Gordon is hardly recognizable now from his rookie season... But he is Flash none the less.
When he comes back we are going to get to see something so rare and amazing... Redemption. Both for JG and CB. All it's gonna take is a little faith, trust and brownie dust.
I hope our new FO handles him right, I'd hate that after all this time- they make a stupid mistake and give him the Jim Brown treatment. They better 'know' that they need him MORE than he needs them. Any Franchise in the NFL would be happy to sign the Gordon on the cheap; should he perform well and can keep the off the field persona clean they can lock him down for a long time and he can be legitimately carry a team on his shoulders.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

