Skip to content

Dunkirk review

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
14 7 825
  • Because as even the French know love isn't always on time.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Because as even the French know love isn't always on time.

    WSS

    10CC?...or Toto?

  • I read where some feminazi movie reviewer wasn't happy because of the lack of female characters in the movie. Does this gal want us to re-write history to make her happy?

  • I read where some feminazi movie reviewer wasn't happy because of the lack of female characters in the movie. Does this gal want us to re-write history to make her happy?

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I read where some feminazi movie reviewer wasn't happy because of the lack of female characters in the movie. Does this gal want us to re-write history to make her happy?

    I mean, I suppose they could have put in some phony love story, like they did in the movie Pearl Harbor. That movie was dreadful because of that "love story". If they had left it to the historical scenes...the "action" scenes, it would have been a much better movie.

  • So you think there were no incidents of human interest of any of those people that could have been explored?

    WSS

  • So you think there were no incidents of human interest of any of those people that could have been explored?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So you think there were no incidents of human interest of any of those people that could have been explored?

    WSS

    You talking to me? Or someone else?

    I will assume you were talking to me.

    The answer is: yes. And as I said, the 2004 BBC program did some of that. But I don't think that a phony love story like the one in Pearl Harbor would have enhanced this current show, not at all.

  • Nolan always has problems with lack of character development.

    However, I did like this one. Would've gave it 4 stars myself, and the score by Zimmer is amazing. 

    War films are way too cliche nowadays ago.

    I miss films like A matter of life and death, apocalypse now, and the best years of our lives,

    a good script is always what's lacking nowadays, and this is too predictable. 

  • I've always been a BIG WWII buff but I've just watched the first 50 minutes of DUNKIRK and it's awful so far.

    I will finish watching it now.

    .........edit add, my final grade, A - subject matter, very important. D maybe, it stunk.

  • I guess I'm not the only one on the $100M dud, from IMBd vewiers reviews......

    Screenshot_2019-01-13-20-57-33.png

  • As I have noted elsewhere I think in the barbershop the Tom Hardy character was based basically on my cousin Alan Deere

    hqdefault.jpg

  • Well love movies that show those of in the USA the Greatest Generation and their allies fighting the enemy the sake of humanity and mankind. Need to see this movie. Love WWII things.