Skip to content

Be honest, How does everybody feel about Brock as a starter

The Browns Board
120 37 3.9k
  • @d-bone said:

    I'm not picky.... I'll take both.

    Picky? No. Greedy? Why the hell not?

    You have to be solid in every aspect of the game to be competitive. Greatness is the elusive quality, but you can build it everywhere except at QB. There you have to find it.

    @d-bone said:

    You just described my wife 😎

    Even I am not touching that one... or should I say those?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Even I am not touching that one... or should I say those?

    You know I'll take a shot 😉. Somewhere in that 8 track player was some Bob Seger A).Night Moves B.)Get out of Denver Baby or C.) Betty Lou getting out tonight 😎

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by

    He's awesome 6-8 last night...

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    After watching Brock last night, I have one word regarding him starting  -   NOPE 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    yeah he's not gonna be the starter next year. But Kizer isn't ready either. So for now, it's Osweiller. I'm hoping we have the draft stock to move up for Darnold next year. 

  • yeah he's not gonna be the starter next year. But Kizer isn't ready either. So for now, it's Osweiller. I'm hoping we have the draft stock to move up for Darnold next year. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah he's not gonna be the starter next year. But Kizer isn't ready either. So for now, it's Osweiller. I'm hoping we have the draft stock to move up for Darnold next year. 

    Said elsewhere... I'm thinking Kess is back.

    As for Darnold... I've no idea if he's the one... or if there is "the one" in the 2018 draft, but if there is a consensus great one, then he's going to be a Jet. If on the other hand there's two or more in the top prospect mix, then we have a shot so long as we don't prefer the same one the Jets do.

  • yeah he's not gonna be the starter next year. But Kizer isn't ready either. So for now, it's Osweiller. I'm hoping we have the draft stock to move up for Darnold next year. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah he's not gonna be the starter next year. But Kizer isn't ready either. So for now, it's Osweiller. I'm hoping we have the draft stock to move up for Darnold next year. 

    Unless, of course, its Kessler, which it still could be.   He was, after all, perfect last night. (in that every pass he attempted was completed...even if they were mostly dinks and dunks)

  • @clevfan4life said:

    yeah he's not gonna be the starter next year. But Kizer isn't ready either. So for now, it's Osweiller. I'm hoping we have the draft stock to move up for Darnold next year. 

    Said elsewhere... I'm thinking Kess is back.

    As for Darnold... I've no idea if he's the one... or if there is "the one" in the 2018 draft, but if there is a consensus great one, then he's going to be a Jet. If on the other hand there's two or more in the top prospect mix, then we have a shot so long as we don't prefer the same one the Jets do.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Said elsewhere... I'm thinking Kess is back

    I think that's what Hue should do, but man, I just don't know if he has the ballz to make that call...... I fear that he is going to throw the 21yr old to the wolves and get him Couched. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    I don't hate on Kess, just not sure he's the one. If I were Hue Kess would be the starter next game. But FFS no matter who starts, throw the god damn ball downfield. It's preseason, we need to test these guys. Both the QB and the WR's. Throw the god damn ball. Make these guys throw in tight windows. See if Kess really made any improvements to his arm strength which they claim he has. SHOW IT!!!

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by

    Kizer has looked good so far. May not be entirely ready, but BO is going to stink it up..

    Put Kessler in there and see how he does, he handled himself nicely last year. 
    Just want to see him throw the long ball...

    Kizer will eventually start this season, when he is ready

  • I don't hate on Kess, just not sure he's the one. If I were Hue Kess would be the starter next game. But FFS no matter who starts, throw the god damn ball downfield. It's preseason, we need to test these guys. Both the QB and the WR's. Throw the god damn ball. Make these guys throw in tight windows. See if Kess really made any improvements to his arm strength which they claim he has. SHOW IT!!!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't hate on Kess, just not sure he's the one. If I were Hue Kess would be the starter next game. But FFS no matter who starts, throw the god damn ball downfield. It's preseason, we need to test these guys. Both the QB and the WR's. Throw the god damn ball. Make these guys throw in tight windows. See if Kess really made any improvements to his arm strength which they claim he has. SHOW IT!!!

    I hear ya... I'm not sure Kess is it either... in fact, long term I don't think he is. But I am sure Brock is not the answer either short or long term...

    And I am sure Kizer is not ready in the short-term. So with him it's only a matter of selecting the approach that gives him the best chance of "getting ready". Sink or swim at this point is not the approach I'd take.

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    I still say start him, kizer is not ready.