Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Cavs Board
  3. CAVS vs. Magic

CAVS vs. Magic

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Cavs Board
26 Posts 14 Posters 2.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Guest_2yy4u_* ?
    • Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    ? Guest_2yy4u_* wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The Magic was the team the I least like to see next round...we don't handle big physical guys well and they have the guy that just so happens to be the biggest and most physical in the league right now in D Howard. Should provide much more of a competition to the Cavs this round, hope Andy, Big Gay Ben, and Z are packing their lunches...LET'S GET IT ON!!!

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DTBH DTBHD
      • 657 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Charles Barkley just picked the Magic to win the series.

      I think Cavs in 5 or 6 after watching the developments of the past month or so.

      Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DTBHD DTBH

        Charles Barkley just picked the Magic to win the series.

        I think Cavs in 5 or 6 after watching the developments of the past month or so.

        Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
        • 6k Posts
        • 221 Reputation
        Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @dtbh said:

        Charles Barkley just picked the Magic to win the series.

        I think Cavs in 5 or 6 after watching the developments of the past month or so.

        That means the Cavs will win. That dude goes out on a limb more then a woodpecker. What a pecker.

        Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
        Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • playerjdd P
          • 360 Posts
          • 1 Reputation
          P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
          #4

          At first i didnt like how the cavs matched up against the Magic but then i actually watched Orlando played. Orlando really has no go to player. Howard is dominate down low for defense but he doesnt look like he knows how to back players down yet. Lewis and Turk have their moments but everyone else is an average nba player.

          ? 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • P playerjdd

            At first i didnt like how the cavs matched up against the Magic but then i actually watched Orlando played. Orlando really has no go to player. Howard is dominate down low for defense but he doesnt look like he knows how to back players down yet. Lewis and Turk have their moments but everyone else is an average nba player.

            AdaM ?
            • Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @playerjdd said:

            At first i didnt like how the cavs matched up against the Magic but then i actually watched Orlando played. Orlando really has no go to player. Howard is dominate down low for defense but he doesnt look like he knows how to back players down yet. Lewis and Turk have their moments but everyone else is an average nba player.

            Z is the key.

            If Z can pull out and start hitting the 10-15 ft. jumper, Howard will have to move out to cover him leaving the lane open for Delonte/Mo/Lebron.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

              @dtbh said:

              Charles Barkley just picked the Magic to win the series.

              I think Cavs in 5 or 6 after watching the developments of the past month or so.

              That means the Cavs will win. That dude goes out on a limb more then a woodpecker. What a pecker.

              Canton Mike Canton MikeC
              • 4k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
              #6

              @kosar_for_president said:

              That means the Cavs will win. That dude goes out on a limb more then a woodpecker. What a pecker.

              I have always liked Barkley, but didn't he pick himself to win that race with the Ref?...What HAPPENED Charles? 🙄

              I'll stick with our Cavs!

              Mike

              IN DORSEY I TRUST
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 20k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
                #7

                @shepwrite said:

                Barkley's on crack. I'm not saying it couldn't happen -- anything can happen -- but you have to be a little whack to PREDICT it. The Cavs are just the much better team, especially now, and they're very well rested.

                We absolutely kill them at the 1, 2, and 3. Mo and Delonte have become an absolutely fantastic guard competition and Lebron is the best player in the NBA, period. Alson, Redick, and Lewis? Uh... okay. Or do they consider Turkoglu the 3 and Lewis the 4? Tough to say.

                Howard's a tough guy but he's an infant on offense. He just has a very limited repertoire, almost all from 0" in.

                I don't think Howard's the big concern. The concern is their 3-point shooting, which can get a little scary.

                Honestly, I think Cavs in 5 or 6 as well.

                I'd say the key is the Cavs perimeter defense- they constantly can't let Orlando hit wide open threes. If the Magic shoot the lights out like they did last night against Boston, there's no team in the NBA they can't beat.

                C 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • hoortaH hoorta

                  @shepwrite said:

                  Barkley's on crack. I'm not saying it couldn't happen -- anything can happen -- but you have to be a little whack to PREDICT it. The Cavs are just the much better team, especially now, and they're very well rested.

                  We absolutely kill them at the 1, 2, and 3. Mo and Delonte have become an absolutely fantastic guard competition and Lebron is the best player in the NBA, period. Alson, Redick, and Lewis? Uh... okay. Or do they consider Turkoglu the 3 and Lewis the 4? Tough to say.

                  Howard's a tough guy but he's an infant on offense. He just has a very limited repertoire, almost all from 0" in.

                  I don't think Howard's the big concern. The concern is their 3-point shooting, which can get a little scary.

                  Honestly, I think Cavs in 5 or 6 as well.

                  I'd say the key is the Cavs perimeter defense- they constantly can't let Orlando hit wide open threes. If the Magic shoot the lights out like they did last night against Boston, there's no team in the NBA they can't beat.

                  CIMO. C
                  • 684 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  C CIMO. wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @hoorta said:

                  I'd say the key is the Cavs perimeter defense- they constantly can't let Orlando hit wide open threes. If the Magic shoot the lights out like they did last night against Boston, there's no team in the NBA they can't beat.

                  Agreed. I think Delonte is a great perimeter defender, but when Orlando's best perimeter players are 6'9 or 6'10 in Turkoglu and Lewis...it's a tricky matchup. LeBron can handle one of them, so who gets the other? Joe? Varejao?

                  I think AV has the ability to handle one on the perimeter since he has some decent feet and they're not exactly slashers. That would leave us with Z, Ben or Joe guarding Howard. If nothing else (and I've been a pretty big fan since we got him), Ben can give us 6 fouls and 12 Dwight free throws while being the big, strong body that could really frustrate him (and Dwight can obviously be taken out of a game emotionally). Joe and Z can't answer him when he has the ball, but it works both ways, forcing him out of the paint on defense.

                  If Orlando starts draining threes anything can happen, but I think the key is going to be Varejao and Wallace. Keep Dwight pouting and throwing elbows and bricking free throws, and hopefully Varejao can help with Turkoglu.

                  And obviously LeBron can make this another sweep. If he's on top of his game the Magic have no answer.

                  Cavs in 5.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • LCDawgFan13 LCDawgFan13L One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 461 Posts
                    • 8 Reputation
                    LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    This is the matchup, at the start of the playoffs, I really didn't want to see. For awhile, the Cavs have had matchup problems with Orlando. But, as the playoffs progressed, this looks like just another small speedbump in the road to the NBA championship for the King and his Court. Am I saying that Orlando can't win? No. But I am saying that the Cavs should have little problems wrapping this season up in 5. And a sweep is not out of the question either. But I think the Cavs...AND THE FANS...would be happy seeing them clinch the East Finals at home in the Q!

                    Orlando, as we all know, has only one real force...Dwight Howard. The rest of the team shoots the 3 well...wait...VERY well. But the Cavs were #1 against the 3 this season. The big thing is going to be to take away Howard's inside game. That means...go right at him and get him in foul trouble. THAT MEANS YOU Lebron!!! Lebron can, and needs to, get D-Howard in foul trouble early. I know that he has the knack of making blocks and avoiding the fouls, but he can't do that continuously. It will catch up to him. If Lebron, Mo, D-West, Z are all going right at him constantly, he is going to foul. Also, Z is also a key. He has to get his mid-range game going early too. That will force Howard out of the paint and cause him to have to come across when someone is driving to the hole. A lot harder to avoid fouling when you are moving laterally as opposed to only having to go straight up.

                    Wednesday night is the key game. If Orlando, is going to pick off the Cavs at home, it will be in game 1. If the Cavs win game 1, then the best Orlando can hope for is to stretch their season out to 7 games. I say Cavs in 5 but wouldn't be surprised with a sweep.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • samoth S
                      • 592 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      S samoth wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I can't wait to see Ben Wallace STUFF Howard in the paint.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • SoCalBrownsFan SoCalBrownsFanS
                        • 448 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Cavs in 5, LeBron is going to be unstoppable. 🙂

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • GRAVY_insane G
                          • 87 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          G GRAVY_insane wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Not to sound too confident, but I'm looking more at who we face in the finals. I'm actually more afraid of the Nuggets atm than the Fakers.

                          LA(me) has a major weakness, themselves...they get to lazy and careless...but Denver just seems more motivated, and Billups is gettin the most from his team mates.

                          I agree that its all based on James and our D, but I'd rather see the Fakers than the Nuggets.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • CIMO. C
                            • 684 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            C CIMO. wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @shepwrite said:

                            They don't have anyone who can cover Lebron, period.

                            Unless LeBron turns into a jump shooter, I disagree. When he does all the damage getting to the rim, his matchup is really Dwight, the Defensive POY. Obviously I don't think it will be too much of a problem since I'm picking them to win in 5, but that's mostly because of LeBron's ability to pass and be creative driving to the basket, I definitely wouldn't call this an easy matchup for him.

                            ? 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • C CIMO.

                              @shepwrite said:

                              They don't have anyone who can cover Lebron, period.

                              Unless LeBron turns into a jump shooter, I disagree. When he does all the damage getting to the rim, his matchup is really Dwight, the Defensive POY. Obviously I don't think it will be too much of a problem since I'm picking them to win in 5, but that's mostly because of LeBron's ability to pass and be creative driving to the basket, I definitely wouldn't call this an easy matchup for him.

                              Masters ?
                              • Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @cimo. said:

                              Unless LeBron turns into a jump shooter, I disagree. When he does all the damage getting to the rim, his matchup is really Dwight, the Defensive POY. Obviously I don't think it will be too much of a problem since I'm picking them to win in 5, but that's mostly because of LeBron's ability to pass and be creative driving to the basket, I definitely wouldn't call this an easy matchup for him.

                              I'd agree with you that the match up if James is going to the rim (which of course teams want to prevent him from doing) will be Howard. But I'd keep in mind that Z's ability to shoot from 15~20 feet out is going to pull Howard out of the paint.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • playerjdd P
                                • 360 Posts
                                • 1 Reputation
                                P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Yeah i gotta to agree with a few of you guys. Howard isnt going to be able to hang low and wait for Lebron. He is going to have to guard Z 15-20 feet from the basket. Well we will see what howard is going to be able to do tonight its showtime in an hour.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • playerjdd P
                                  • 360 Posts
                                  • 1 Reputation
                                  P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I just read a post on espn that they are not putting howard on Z. They are gonna match Varajo and Wallace up against Howard. I say we put Z and Joe Smith out there. They both are excelent shooters and will cause Howard to vacate the low post.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • CIMO. C
                                    • 684 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    C CIMO. wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Fair enough, but Van Gundy's not a bad defensive coach, and Dwight doesn't exactly have tree trunks for legs. He can be a little more than arm's length away from Z and keep his eye on the paint. Again like I said, LeBron is a crafty enough player to get his stats anyway, but it won't be easy. It will take more than Z standing far away from the basket.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • playerjdd P
                                      • 360 Posts
                                      • 1 Reputation
                                      P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      I eat every word i ever said about Howard only being a defensive player. Howards offense still might not help playing a team like the cavs.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • CIMO. C
                                        • 684 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        C CIMO. wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @shepwrite said:

                                        They don't have anyone who can cover Lebron, period.

                                        Assuming Lebron covers Lewis, you're right: Turkoglu is the tough cover. He isn't very good going to the hoop, although he's willing. Pavlovic might get a lot of minutes when we play small ball. He could cover Turkoglu.

                                        I think you've always been Sasha's biggest fan on here, it definitely looks justified tonight. He's been great so far.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • SoCalBrownsFan SoCalBrownsFanS
                                          • 448 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Holy Sh*t, what a shot to win it by LeBron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate