Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Monday Night Football Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
150 27 4.4k
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    I like the drum corps. 🙂

  • Too many screens for a game plan, but f'ing-A it sure is good to finally see us execute a screen in the new era ... damn, you'd think one would never have to type that.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @atenears said:

    @orion said:

    I like the drum corps. 🙂

    i like the lead..finish

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Well, it's preseason....and my band played a benefit concert yesterday...so I'm still into the music.   I like the drum corps. 🙂

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    jobs are won on 3rd & 4th down..bring the band too

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Fortunately Gino Smith sucks. 🙂

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    And Kessler sucks too.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion

    And 22 for the Giants sucks. 🙂

    Have ya ever seen 3 turnovers in such short order?  What, 4 plays?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    the Kessler band is marching down the field 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    damn Holtz is a truck

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Close it out Willie..tackle

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Our backups save the day again. 🙂

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    wake up NFL.. We Coming..nice call Williams..On to Tampa!!

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Way to go Brownies!!

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    Both AssOiler and Kizer looked like shit.. Don't fool yourselves...

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    ...but Kizer has an excuse...he should be a junior in college.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Just a little note on special teams. Impressive all around and nice to see we have a bonafide return man in Peppers.

  • B Browns57 wrote on last edited by

    Nice game by Kessler last night! I was really impressed with the zip he had on those passes. Looks like his arm strength has really improved. I would like to see him start he season with Kizer as backup. I just don't see Osweiler ever amounting to anything more in the league so why waste the time. Both Kizer and Kessler have upside and since our receivers look pretty bad we are going to need a qb who doesn't turn the ball over in order to help the defense and keep us in games. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    Brock is what I thought he was,, Pure garbage!

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    A few musings.

    Sold on Dayes and Schobert this game.

    Was surprised at the level of intensity and how long the starters played. 

    Did Orchard play? I didn't see him or see his name in the box score.

    Not impressed with Njoku so far. For a guy that can jump so high it doesn't seem like he tries to jump so high.

  • Nice game by Kessler last night! I was really impressed with the zip he had on those passes. Looks like his arm strength has really improved. I would like to see him start he season with Kizer as backup. I just don't see Osweiler ever amounting to anything more in the league so why waste the time. Both Kizer and Kessler have upside and since our receivers look pretty bad we are going to need a qb who doesn't turn the ball over in order to help the defense and keep us in games. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @browns57 said:

    Nice game by Kessler last night! I was really impressed with the zip he had on those passes. Looks like his arm strength has really improved. I would like to see him start he season with Kizer as backup. I just don't see Osweiler ever amounting to anything more in the league so why waste the time. Both Kizer and Kessler have upside and since our receivers look pretty bad we are going to need a qb who doesn't turn the ball over in order to help the defense and keep us in games. 

    I'm of two minds on this. I don't think Kessler is the QB of the future, but at the same time I don't want to ruin the confidence of Kizer by starting him too soon either. Kizer looks to me to be our "Dak Prescott". But he doesn't have the cowboys receiving corps working for him. So which do you start? At this point I'm leaning towards Kizer, because all indications are that we made a really great choice there. Somehow the coaching staff needs to get it across to him that no individual game matters as long as he is learning from mistakes. And we have to let him make them without getting down on him or allowing him to get down on himself. And no yanking from a game please. To quote Darrell Royal, "We'll dance with who brung us."