Skip to content

Site Update

The Browns Board
61 28 3.7k
  • Nice to see you back Stan.

  • Not a fan of the upgrade so far. The one thing I loved on th old format was when I clicked on a thread it took me to the last post I read in th thread. I also prefer seeing the last posters name not icon. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Have all your 18,000+ posts been as immature and pointless as your last two on this thread?

    No, some have been far more so on both counts...

    @jcam222 said:

    Not a fan of the upgrade so far. The one thing I loved on th old format was when I clicked on a thread it took me to the last post I read in th thread. I also prefer seeing the last posters name not icon. 

    Click on the Star... takes you to first unread post.

  • I like this new look!

  • I did the theme change... still too much white background compared to the prior page views.

  • I did the theme change... still too much white background compared to the prior page views.

    @tour2ma said:

    I did the theme change... still too much white background compared to the prior page views.

    It gives the retinas a nice dark tan. 

  • This smells of a Ghoolie TBB purchase? Not to anyone who knows me. The only way I would purchase this board is if I believed I could add to it; to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Inside interviews, give-aways, Surprise guest visits into the tavern.

    Look, you cunttards, I don't need to buy jack shit to piss you lame, weak-ass sissies off. I have been doing that for free for 20 years now. 

    And really............. if I bought it and wanted to fuck it up..............you think THIS is exemplary of my twisted brain? Turning it blue? If I wanted to fuck it up it woudl be black and piss yellow; you would all have Steeler screen names. I would suspend your accounts an hour at a time, just to get you to waste time logging in 1,000 times. I would have fake e-mails sent to you about being investigated for some shit or other.

    This new look blows. Stan probably got drunk.

  • hey my warning points are gone,so a big fuck you to who ever booted me off the board last year

  • lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

  • Some of the changes are good, but a bit clunky. And the colors are dumb... looks like

    a dolphins board with blue, the san fran flirty niners red...😉... the Dallas Cowboy bluegray, the NY Jets green..the

    Minnesota Vikings purple....

    or a grade school color scheme. Seriously, as a retired software designer, how the )(&^*)(*& is anyone supposed to know

    to click on the star ...to see the most recent...something.  Whatever it was. There isn't any intuitiveness there.

       Blaming it on the eclipse - seems a good guess...and funny, as was TexAg's post:

    " Thank God. I thought I was losing O2 and turning blue.🥷 "

    THAT is funny stuff.

  • lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    😆

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I find humor at how miserable your life must be that your only release is to hide behind your computer screen and tell random people to go fuck themselves.

    I bet your family can't stand you. You are probably the crazy, miserable, racist uncle everyone has and secretly wishes would die so they don't have to pretend to tolerate anymore. Trust me, everyone has one, and you're definitely one of them.

    Getting spicy there Dutch. 😉

    Meanwhile it seems a lot of historical data and numbers, members list information, etc. was lost as happens in these types of overhauls. Text is small but you have to give it some time to get used to before you can really say if it sucks or not. 

  • Yes, I see.  Not sure I like it that much.  Where is the Brown and Orange for all the background stuff?  And they have done something funky with the color selections.  Also, avatars are circular, cutting off a lot of the photo you select.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I see.  Not sure I like it that much.  Where is the Brown and Orange for all the background stuff?  And they have done something funky with the color selections.  Also, avatars are circular, cutting off a lot of the photo you select.

    I believe all of these concerns have been addressed.

    Most all upgrades result in reverting back to default setting, it takes a few moments to learn who to manipulate all settings. The more familiar we get wit the system, the more customizations and theme we will implement. Thanks for bearing with us.

  • I like the reactions, those are a cool new feature! 

  • lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    He's not quite there yet but trying like hell to straighten us all out here. 😆

  • Watching this "new look" progress is & will be interesting.

    One thing I liked before that I hope returns is the option to view new content. That eliminated the need to scroll through older threads & posts which had no new activity since my last visit. Just a suggestion.

    Mike

  • Gotta get ready for work (unexpected late start today), but I like a lot of what I see so far of the Board update. Excited to get home tonight & view more.

    Thanks to the Admins....change is good, just need to get used to it.

    Mike

  • Like the Orange and Brown color return.😍

  • @tour2ma said:

    I did the theme change... still too much white background compared to the prior page views.

    It gives the retinas a nice dark tan. 

    @d-bone said:

    It gives the retinas a nice dark tan. 

    Just so happens I have this pair of SPF Seven-million glasses laying around...

  • I would like a dark theme as an option.

  • Black theme would be awesome. This white theme is killing my phone battery at a rapid pace. 😵