Skip to content

Site Update

The Browns Board
61 28 3.7k
  • lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    😆

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I find humor at how miserable your life must be that your only release is to hide behind your computer screen and tell random people to go fuck themselves.

    I bet your family can't stand you. You are probably the crazy, miserable, racist uncle everyone has and secretly wishes would die so they don't have to pretend to tolerate anymore. Trust me, everyone has one, and you're definitely one of them.

    Getting spicy there Dutch. 😉

    Meanwhile it seems a lot of historical data and numbers, members list information, etc. was lost as happens in these types of overhauls. Text is small but you have to give it some time to get used to before you can really say if it sucks or not. 

  • Yes, I see.  Not sure I like it that much.  Where is the Brown and Orange for all the background stuff?  And they have done something funky with the color selections.  Also, avatars are circular, cutting off a lot of the photo you select.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I see.  Not sure I like it that much.  Where is the Brown and Orange for all the background stuff?  And they have done something funky with the color selections.  Also, avatars are circular, cutting off a lot of the photo you select.

    I believe all of these concerns have been addressed.

    Most all upgrades result in reverting back to default setting, it takes a few moments to learn who to manipulate all settings. The more familiar we get wit the system, the more customizations and theme we will implement. Thanks for bearing with us.

  • I like the reactions, those are a cool new feature! 

  • lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... New look = clean slate...

    And I see Dutch Oven is well into his right of passage...

    He's not quite there yet but trying like hell to straighten us all out here. 😆

  • Watching this "new look" progress is & will be interesting.

    One thing I liked before that I hope returns is the option to view new content. That eliminated the need to scroll through older threads & posts which had no new activity since my last visit. Just a suggestion.

    Mike

  • Gotta get ready for work (unexpected late start today), but I like a lot of what I see so far of the Board update. Excited to get home tonight & view more.

    Thanks to the Admins....change is good, just need to get used to it.

    Mike

  • Like the Orange and Brown color return.😍

  • @tour2ma said:

    I did the theme change... still too much white background compared to the prior page views.

    It gives the retinas a nice dark tan. 

    @d-bone said:

    It gives the retinas a nice dark tan. 

    Just so happens I have this pair of SPF Seven-million glasses laying around...

  • I would like a dark theme as an option.

  • Black theme would be awesome. This white theme is killing my phone battery at a rapid pace. 😵

  • I don't think I like this thing going ding ding ding every time someone replies or quotes one of my posts.  Is there a way to turn the "notifications" off?

  • Yes...

    Click the lil bell in page's upper right corner...

  • Yes...

    Click the lil bell in page's upper right corner...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes...

    Click the lil bell in page's upper right corner...

    Got it....Thanks!

  • Black theme would be awesome. This white theme is killing my phone battery at a rapid pace. 😵

    @alkid3 said:

    Black theme would be awesome. This white theme is killing my phone battery at a rapid pace. 😵

    Just curious did you try turning down your screen brightness? 

  • whatever was done, I can finally change my avatar. I was never able to, tried for years but would never change.

  • Yeah this not going to my last read post thing is driving me insane. 

  • Doin' a good job with the site!    It's work and time.  So,  Thanks!

    (I like the 'like' option...'cept it's a gay heart)

  • Yeah this not going to my last read post thing is driving me insane. 

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah this not going to my last read post thing is driving me insane. 

    Click on the "dot" (or star) in front of each thread and it take you to the last unread comment in that thread. (see below)

    tbb-thread.png

  • @wargograw said:

    Yeah this not going to my last read post thing is driving me insane. 

    Click on the "dot" (or star) in front of each thread and it take you to the last unread comment in that thread. (see below)

    tbb-thread.png

    @admin-0 said:

    Click on the "dot" (or star) in front of each thread and it take you to the last unread comment in that thread. (see below)

    tbb-thread.png

    Need it on mobile though. Do that and this site is incredible. Without it, sorely lacking. Thanks guys.