Skip to content

Kornheiser leaves MNF

The Browns Board
13 11 1.2k
  • though the three-man booth is a horrible idea, ESPN is insisting on continuing with it. next year's NFL booth will have tirico, jaws and jon gruden, who should, at the very least, be a marked improvement over tony kornheiser, who was laughable at best and downright impossible to listen to the majority of the time.

    at least we can be pretty sure that chucky doesn't watch 'idol.'

    kornheiser's radio show is great and his work on PTI is pretty good, but he downright sucked on MNF. dennis miller was better.

  • Great!

    I'm happy to see CHUCKY replacing CORNHOLIO!

    1h5j85.jpg

  • Glad to see kornheiser off the air.

    He does a good job with PTI, but his booth work isn't very good or interesting.

  • I agree, I like Korny everywhere but in the booth, but i wouldn't go so far as to say Miller was better.

  • I agree, I like Korny everywhere but in the booth, but i wouldn't go so far as to say Miller was better.

    @riffer-x said:

    I agree, I like Korny everywhere but in the booth, but i wouldn't go so far as to say Miller was better.

    Just to be clear...I didn't say that...I agree. Miller made me not watch...he was terrible. That was almost as bad as if they had Rosie O'Donnell in the booth.

  • This was the best news I have heard all off season. I turned off MNF at half time more than half the games last season. The games where I did want to watch and just couldn't put up with the announcers I turned off the volume and turned up the radio. TV has a delay, so I heard the plays before I saw them, it sucked. I hope Kornholer gets permanent laryngitis just to ensure he will never come back.

  • i love pti but wasn't a fan of kornheiser on mnf. however i think that gruden will be worse. he has no personality and was a so so coach at best. his only success came with tony dungy's hard work. he wasn't a good coach and i think mnf made the wrong choice.

  • I've always liked Chucky, he cracks me up. The hardest part for him will be not swearing.

  • Thank God...He stunk...Am curiouse as to how Chucky will do...Should be interestig...Jaws and Chucky gabbing about Offense....

  • Oh, thank GOD! Kornheiser was HORRIBLE - the worst I've ever heard just because his 'observations' were so asinine. He never added anything to the commentary, and wasn't interesting to listen to.

  • praise be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated.. that is not even strong enough for how much he sucked!!!.. he would come onto the show with a pre-concieved agenda and pound into the ground the entire show. I thought "jaws" was going to tell him to shut the F upon on national tv a few times. ANYONE would be an improvment over him. Gruden should be interesting.

  • I agree with the masses, he's good on PTI but not in the booth. They'll still never beat the good ol' days of MNF with Gifford, Dandy Don and Cossell though.

  • I agree with the masses, he's good on PTI but not in the booth. They'll still never beat the good ol' days of MNF with Gifford, Dandy Don and Cossell though.

    @wvbrownsfan said:

    I agree with the masses, he's good on PTI but not in the booth. They'll still never beat the good ol' days of MNF with Gifford, Dandy Don and Cossell though.

    Yup- that trio was classic. Miller was bad, Kornheiser was worse. Fortunately, Myron Cope and Curt Gowdy are dead. Listening to Gruden interview with Tirico today- well, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He sure has to know more about football than Tony. With Madden retired, there's room at the top for a first rate former coach\analyst.