Gordon news
-
Just a person who really isn't into football enough to stop doing the things that keep him from playing football.
He's also a guy that doesn't always give 100%. He's given up on passes that if he turned the after burners on and perhaps made a leap, he might have been able to catch. Instead he shuts the throttle off because the ball isn't placed in his breadbasket.
He's cetainly a big, tall, fast weapon...as long as you make the ball easy for him to catch.
He's cetainly a big, tall, fast weapon...as long as you make the ball easy for him to catch.
I have to disagree.....Gordon caught so many contested balls....went high consistently.....took contact and held on....once climbed up and over a Bungal to make one of the best(and highest effort) catches Ive ever seen.....(#3 on video below)
Not only was he amazing, once he caught it.....but he has amazing hands and made many spectacular catches....
He has a comfortable gait and often gets accused of slacking, but I dont see that.....at all.....and never heard it once, until he was suspended and attempting a come back....more sour grapes if your asking me....(I do remember one play, in a pre-season game that he may have given up on and folks cried and cried and cried. as if it was the end of the world.....and then, after that, all I heard was he gives up on plays.....)...you dont get most yards in the whole NFL(with completely shitty QB's) by being a slacker.....
You know who really needs it in the bread basket to make a catch?.....Coleman.....
Watch the first minute....catches 1 and 3.....those 2 say it all......and stay till the end if you want to see the same amazing, high effort receiving over and over again.....
-
He's cetainly a big, tall, fast weapon...as long as you make the ball easy for him to catch.
I have to disagree.....Gordon caught so many contested balls....went high consistently.....took contact and held on....once climbed up and over a Bungal to make one of the best(and highest effort) catches Ive ever seen.....(#3 on video below)
Not only was he amazing, once he caught it.....but he has amazing hands and made many spectacular catches....
He has a comfortable gait and often gets accused of slacking, but I dont see that.....at all.....and never heard it once, until he was suspended and attempting a come back....more sour grapes if your asking me....(I do remember one play, in a pre-season game that he may have given up on and folks cried and cried and cried. as if it was the end of the world.....and then, after that, all I heard was he gives up on plays.....)...you dont get most yards in the whole NFL(with completely shitty QB's) by being a slacker.....
You know who really needs it in the bread basket to make a catch?.....Coleman.....
Watch the first minute....catches 1 and 3.....those 2 say it all......and stay till the end if you want to see the same amazing, high effort receiving over and over again.....
-
-
Just a person who really isn't into football enough to stop doing the things that keep him from playing football.
He's also a guy that doesn't always give 100%. He's given up on passes that if he turned the after burners on and perhaps made a leap, he might have been able to catch. Instead he shuts the throttle off because the ball isn't placed in his breadbasket.
He's cetainly a big, tall, fast weapon...as long as you make the ball easy for him to catch.
He's also a guy that doesn't always give 100%. He's given up on passes that if he turned the after burners on and perhaps made a leap, he might have been able to catch. Instead he shuts the throttle off because the ball isn't placed in his breadbasket.
I have to disagree.....Gordon caught so many contested balls....went high consistently.....took contact and held on....once climbed up and over a Bungal to make one of the best(and highest effort) catches Ive ever seen.....(#3 on video below)
I actually think you are both right here. Mud for the "Years 1 and 2" Gordon; Orion for the "Brief return" Gordon.
Reason(s) for the difference? Damned if I know, but the possibilities are many and varied... ranging from rust to interest to QB. Personally I've always harbored a suspicion that he was playing to help his BFF JFF start.
I really hope he gets a chance to break the tie...
-
Brian Hoyer would laugh heartily at the idea that Gordon never slacked during a game.
Didnt say he never slacked(how many players fit that mold????)....I said he was a high effort player.....and his production and catches establish that......
How can dude lead the league and you guys want to call him a slacker on the field.....makes no sense.....Guys like Hoyer have wet dreams about throwing to receivers like Gordon.....
-
Brian Hoyer would laugh heartily at the idea that Gordon never slacked during a game.
Didnt say he never slacked(how many players fit that mold????)....I said he was a high effort player.....and his production and catches establish that......
How can dude lead the league and you guys want to call him a slacker on the field.....makes no sense.....Guys like Hoyer have wet dreams about throwing to receivers like Gordon.....
Didnt say he never slacked(how many players fit that mold????)....I said he was a high effort player.....and his production and catches establish that......
How can dude lead the league and you guys want to call him a slacker on the field.....makes no sense.....Guys like Hoyer have wet dreams about throwing to receivers like Gordon.....
Hoyer did throw to a receiver like Gordon, actually it was Gordon. And Gordon played half-assed. It's where the conjecture that Gordon was trying to get his buddy Manziel into the starter's job came from.
When his head is right, Gordon was a fantastic talent, no doubt. But that was over a relatively short time period a relatively long time ago.
-
He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too
Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...
He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too
Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...
I'm with you mud. Not impressed with Kenny Britt and Coleman is still a ?.
I do realize it takes a while before a quarterback and receiver start to mesh.
WSS
-
He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too
Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...
He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too
Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...
His talent isn't questioned, but I'm not a real big fan of players who have been called-out giving a half-assed effort on the field while doing everything off the field to not help the team I root for. Honestly I'm looking forward to the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown, and we can stop this yearly charade of him coming back and being the Pro-Bowler he was FIVE seasons ago.
I'd love for him to come back, be great, and never get suspended again. There's nothing he's done or shown to think this will happen.
-
He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too
Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...
His talent isn't questioned, but I'm not a real big fan of players who have been called-out giving a half-assed effort on the field while doing everything off the field to not help the team I root for. Honestly I'm looking forward to the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown, and we can stop this yearly charade of him coming back and being the Pro-Bowler he was FIVE seasons ago.
I'd love for him to come back, be great, and never get suspended again. There's nothing he's done or shown to think this will happen.
His talent isn't questioned
And thats what Im talking about.....him, as a player....
-
When it comes to Gordon, there are so many Browns fans that act like they have battered woman's syndrome. One way or another, they'll excuse anything Josh Gordon does.
Actually, no I don't. IF Goodell reinstates him (not a given) I'm sure Roger is going to tell him - "this is your last chance kid, you screw up this time don't bother coming back." The Browns will do the same.
In any case, AFAIK Gordon doesn't get out of his rehab stint until the 21st. I doubt he's going to be instantly reinstated. Not holding my breath.
Actually, no I don't. IF Goodell reinstates him (not a given) I'm sure Roger is going to tell him - "this is your last chance kid, you screw up this time don't bother coming back." The Browns will do the same.
In any case, AFAIK Gordon doesn't get out of his rehab stint until the 21st. I doubt he's going to be instantly reinstated. Not holding my breath.
But, yet again.....another guy that had just as many violations misses all of three games. Would this be that guys last chance?
-
Going back all the way through college, Gordon has never gone 12 months without getting suspended. Not one consecutive calendar year has seen a Josh Gordon eligibility. I don't understand how anyone can still imagine that will ever change.
He's going to get reinstated. And he's going to get cut.
-
As of this past Saturday, it's been no less than 1,000 days since Josh Gordon has played a down in the NFL - 12/21/14.
Yes, he's probably still better than Kenny Britt and his partner in uselessness Coleman - but that bar could not be lower
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
