Skip to content

Gordon news

The Browns Board
175 41 7.2k
  • He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

    Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

  • He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

    Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

    @mudfly said:

    He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

    Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

    I'm with you mud. Not impressed with Kenny Britt and Coleman is still a ?.

    I do realize it takes a while before a quarterback and receiver start to mesh.

    WSS

  • He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

    Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

    @mudfly said:

    He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

    Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

    His talent isn't questioned, but I'm not a real big fan of players who have been called-out giving a half-assed effort on the field while doing everything off the field to not help the team I root for. Honestly I'm looking forward to the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown, and we can stop this yearly charade of him coming back and being the Pro-Bowler he was FIVE seasons ago.

    I'd love for him to come back, be great, and never get suspended again. There's nothing he's done or shown to think this will happen.

  • Gordon the great enigma? 

    Enigma

    1. a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation 

    2. a person of puzzling or contradictory character:

    3. a person of potentially great talent and very well paid when he's actually here and not out smoking weed or something 😆
  • What did #3 come from?   Wackypedia?  

  • What did #3 come from?   Wackypedia?  

    @orion said:

    What did #3 come from?   Wackypedia?  

    No just the truth on Mr. Gordon, he's so potentially great when he's actually here and not partying with Mr. Manziel. 

  • @mudfly said:

    He would easily be the best WR on this team....you say he played half assed for Hoyer, but he was leading the team when he left....and was the best we had then, too

    Id take his play over Britts or Colemans in a heart beat...

    His talent isn't questioned, but I'm not a real big fan of players who have been called-out giving a half-assed effort on the field while doing everything off the field to not help the team I root for. Honestly I'm looking forward to the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown, and we can stop this yearly charade of him coming back and being the Pro-Bowler he was FIVE seasons ago.

    I'd love for him to come back, be great, and never get suspended again. There's nothing he's done or shown to think this will happen.

    @dutch-oven said:

    His talent isn't questioned

    And thats what Im talking about.....him, as a player....

  • @dutch-oven said:

    When it comes to Gordon, there are so many Browns fans that act like they have battered woman's syndrome. One way or another, they'll excuse anything Josh Gordon does.

    Actually, no I don't. IF Goodell reinstates him (not a given) I'm sure Roger is going to tell him - "this is your last chance kid, you screw up this time don't bother coming back." The Browns will do the same.

    In any case, AFAIK Gordon doesn't get out of his rehab stint until the 21st. I doubt he's going to be instantly reinstated. Not holding my breath.

    @hoorta said:

    Actually, no I don't. IF Goodell reinstates him (not a given) I'm sure Roger is going to tell him - "this is your last chance kid, you screw up this time don't bother coming back." The Browns will do the same.

    In any case, AFAIK Gordon doesn't get out of his rehab stint until the 21st. I doubt he's going to be instantly reinstated. Not holding my breath.

    But, yet again.....another guy that had just as many violations misses all of three games.  Would this be that guys last chance?

  • Going back all the way through college, Gordon has never gone 12 months without getting suspended.  Not one consecutive calendar year has seen a Josh Gordon eligibility.  I don't understand how anyone can still imagine that will ever change.  

    He's going to get reinstated.  And he's going to get cut. 

  • As of this past Saturday, it's been no less than 1,000 days since Josh Gordon has played a down in the NFL - 12/21/14.

    Yes, he's probably still better than Kenny Britt and his partner in uselessness Coleman - but that bar could not be lower