Skip to content

Gordon news

The Browns Board
175 41 7.2k
  • Totally understand the cynicism, having said that you can't tell me you don't want to see him on the field for us. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Totally understand the cynicism, having said that you can't tell me you don't want to see him on the field for us. 

    Of course we do.

    @wargograw said:

    What happened to the rehab he did instead of joining the Browns last season?

    ^^^^ IIRC, Josh checked himself into rehab last year right before he was going to get cleared to play. So why did the league tell him to do another rehab stint, if he was clean for an entire year? We're the Cleveland Browns, not the Betty Ford Clinic. 

    From the Twitter feed:   

    "Josh Gordon is the biggest waste of talent around. He's failed about 6 times in 3 years. Goodell sucks, but this is Gordon's fault."

    3 replies0 retweets9 likes
    Reply
     3
     
    Retweet
     
     
     
    Like
     9
  • Now it's LATE September?!  

    @orion said:

    Now it's LATE September?!  

    ... and I really should be getting... back to school...

    @jcam222 said:

    https://t.co/UVmas6uDrl. Being reported JG entered rehab at the leagues direction 2 months ago. Cole saying he may be back in by late September.  I'm not going to hold my breath but IMO Kizer to Gordon on top the rest of this teams improvments = wildcard spot

    Not quite what the tweet said which was: " Optimistic note on WR Josh Gordon: Sources said went to rehab 2 months ago in cooperation w/ #NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late Sept."

    Reads to me like NFL is looking for additional assurances that there will be no more backsliding so he went in for evaluation.

    Good luck, Josh... but I think the bigger question now is what do you have left that hasn't rusted away?

  • @orion said:

    Now it's LATE September?!  

    ... and I really should be getting... back to school...

    @jcam222 said:

    https://t.co/UVmas6uDrl. Being reported JG entered rehab at the leagues direction 2 months ago. Cole saying he may be back in by late September.  I'm not going to hold my breath but IMO Kizer to Gordon on top the rest of this teams improvments = wildcard spot

    Not quite what the tweet said which was: " Optimistic note on WR Josh Gordon: Sources said went to rehab 2 months ago in cooperation w/ #NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late Sept."

    Reads to me like NFL is looking for additional assurances that there will be no more backsliding so he went in for evaluation.

    Good luck, Josh... but I think the bigger question now is what do you have left that hasn't rusted away?

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and I really should be getting... back to school...

    Not quite what the tweet said which was: " Optimistic note on WR Josh Gordon: Sources said went to rehab 2 months ago in cooperation w/ #NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late Sept."

    Reads to me like NFL is looking for additional assurances that there will be no more backsliding so he went in for evaluation.

    Good luck, Josh... but I think the bigger question now is what do you have left that hasn't rusted away?

    Can't be any worse than pryor I would believe. If he can shake off the rust then good for us. Bad for whoever is the 7 th wr on the squad.

  • Gordon:

  • @orion said:

    Now it's LATE September?!  

    ... and I really should be getting... back to school...

    @jcam222 said:

    https://t.co/UVmas6uDrl. Being reported JG entered rehab at the leagues direction 2 months ago. Cole saying he may be back in by late September.  I'm not going to hold my breath but IMO Kizer to Gordon on top the rest of this teams improvments = wildcard spot

    Not quite what the tweet said which was: " Optimistic note on WR Josh Gordon: Sources said went to rehab 2 months ago in cooperation w/ #NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late Sept."

    Reads to me like NFL is looking for additional assurances that there will be no more backsliding so he went in for evaluation.

    Good luck, Josh... but I think the bigger question now is what do you have left that hasn't rusted away?

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and I really should be getting... back to school...

    Not quite what the tweet said which was: " Optimistic note on WR Josh Gordon: Sources said went to rehab 2 months ago in cooperation w/ #NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late Sept."

    Reads to me like NFL is looking for additional assurances that there will be no more backsliding so he went in for evaluation.

    Good luck, Josh... but I think the bigger question now is what do you have left that hasn't rusted away?

    Late September at best when he'd be near useless.  Inquiring minds want to know why he wasn't reinstated earlier in the year.  

  • I am with Mud. I no longer give to shits. TBH I would rather him just stay away after what he pulled last year. If we could get a 5th round pick for him, take it. I am over this pot smoking jackass

  • https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/report-suspended-browns-receiver-josh-gordon-went-to-rehab-in-hopes-of-nfl-reinstating-him-in-late-september#.WaF2q79zVX8.twitter

    Daryl Ruiter‏Verified account @RuiterWrongFAN 5h5 hours ago

    Daryl Ruiter@RuiterWrongFAN
    Report: Suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon Hopes For September Reinstatement Following Another Rehab Stint cbsloc.al/2wOS78w#.WaGNx…

    Report: Suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon Hopes For September Reinstatement Following Another Rehab Stint

    Odd, since the last I heard the Commissioner said it wasn't even under consideration.

  • What people think Gordon did and what he actually did are very different now. True or not, the court of public opinion made up their minds. I think Gordon got screwed over

  • Jimmy Haslam calls his yellow belly "Josh Gordon"

  • I think Gordon would be an Albatross for them. Say good riddance to the past mistakes and become a winning team! 

  • Is joe Haden playing or did he retire?

  • Is joe Haden playing or did he retire?

    @opal312 said:

    Is joe Haden playing or did he retire?

    Playing better than last year. Healthy again.

  • I'm tagging this for my own reference . . .

    Colts Game.

  • I don't know what will happen with Gordon.  But he's kind of lucky that our WR position is still not solidified.

  • If he's still close to being as good as he was, then he doesn't need any luck... 🙂

    However, that is a big "if"...

  • He needs to be better than the last time we saw him..

    Alligator arms + no effort either cutting or blocking.. can be achieved much cheaper.

  • He needs to be better than the last time we saw him..

    Alligator arms + no effort either cutting or blocking.. can be achieved much cheaper.

    @unsympathetic said:

    He needs to be better than the last time we saw him..

    Alligator arms + no effort either cutting or blocking.. can be achieved much cheaper.

    Stop it. 🙄

  • Gordon is saying that he will be reinstated for the Colts game. This was posted on another board by someone who appears to know him and some of the other players pretty well. Flame away but seems legit 

  • Hopefully he's been working out with somebody professional. If he comes to the team after years of sitting on the couch and drinking Colt 45 it's going to take quite a while to get back in the game shape.

    WSS

  • Look at these highlights!